Page 10 of 95 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    And when is CA and the Mighty Avengers being released? I'm having Blue Marvel withdrawals.
    Just a few more days...

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Just a few more days...
    Edit: I was completely wrong. We'll have to go another month -- possibly longer -- before Blue Marvel shows up in the pages of CAMA.

BANNED

SUPA-INCREDULOUS FRM PYRO-TWILIGHT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Figured you folks might appreciate this new commission I received the other day by MC Wyman,who among much work also drew Adam's Age of Heroes and Fear Itself: The Homefront appearances. Plus my mock solicit. Enjoy.

Attachment 2627

BLUE MARVEL: THE HIDDEN YEARS #1
    AL Ewing (W) • MC Wyman (A/C)

• Delving into the unknown secret history of one of the newest and mightiest Mighty Avengers!

• With his recent heart break still weighing him down Adam sets his eyes on stopping the greatest threat Earth ever knew, but he wasn’t present to deal with, Galactus!

• With the Silver Surfer gone however, Adam has to deal with a new Herald: Enter…FIRELORD.

•But if Adam can stop him…does he even have any hope of stopping Galactus from devouring an extraterrestrial world?

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Shared it here:http://community.comicbookresources....ciation/page11...a few mnths bak.

Wud also luv KG's involvementin such a project.

Can sum1 plz share dis with Grevioux on social media...it wud b interesting 2 c wat he/KG says.
    Last edited by SilverZeal; 11-18-2014 at 04:42 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Edit: I was completely wrong. We'll have to go another month -- possibly longer -- before Blue Marvel shows up in the pages of CAMA.
    Hey...same feelin's here. Totally bombed dat BM didnt shw in CAMA #1 & Monica barely md a cameo.

Mannn, CAMA shd hv bn 32pgs @ least. Anyways, lets say whr it goes but hopefully Falcap doesnt hog-up aaall d panels.

Oh never mind.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 11-18-2014 at 06:46 PM.

Incredible Member

I was HYPED for , oh, 5 seconds until i read the words "mock solicit LOL!

DAMN...if that were real..

Good to see you back SZ

Astonishing Member

Glad to hear folks still like the mock cover/solicit. 'Twas fun getting it.

I'm hoping to see Adam do some damage when the Avengers vs Mighty Avengers fight comes up. It should be interesting to see.

While I assume the MA will lose to some degree I do wonder how Adam will be taken out. Outclassed in strength by Thor or scienced by Ironman? Adam's great with both so I hope it's an interesting fight.

Glad to hear folks still like the mock cover/solicit. 'Twas fun getting it.

I'm hoping to see Adam do some damage when the Avengers vs Mighty Avengers fight comes up. It should be interesting to see.

While I assume the MA will lose to some degree I do wonder how Adam will be taken out. Outclassed in strength by Thor or scienced by Ironman? Adam's great with both so I hope it's an interesting fight.
    I think the MA are supposed to lose the first round and fall in line, so expect Superior Iron Man or hammerless Thor to trounce Blue Marvel by the first panel. Iron Man will probably use some type of magnetic field to disrupt the antimatter interactions in BM's body...or Thor will fall from orbit and land on top of BM's head, knocking him out. I don't expect to see BM actually win any of these fights. Not even with Mon-Ra at his side.

Astonishing Member

Huh. Now that I mentioned it...

Looks like we may have our answer already.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=25192

The preview makes it seem like Tony unleashed a supervillain specifically to make Adam go and fight elsewhere.

Which...by all accounts is a fun answer. Though I wonder if Adam will try to take anyone out before heading there.

Huh. Now that I mentioned it...

Looks like we may have our answer already.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=25192

The preview makes it seem like Tony unleashed a supervillain specifically to make Adam go and fight elsewhere.

Which...by all accounts is a fun answer. Though I wonder if Adam will try to take anyone out before heading there.
    Divide and conquer usually works. Just as long as it's not written in a way to imply that Adam is some kind of "absentee father figure" for the MA: never there when you need him. That kind of thing gets old, especially since Adam's history is that he's missed all of the major Marvel events for the past 50 years... and counting. He didn't play any part in the death of the Watcher event, and it doesn't look like he'll be in the Secret Wars event that's coming up. Axis is a crappy event, but they can at least have BM present for it.

Edit: In fact, an inverted Blue Marvel might have made the Axis event interesting.

Astonishing Member

Makes me wonder what he'd be like.

Inverted Adam would be pretty terrifying.

Astonishing Member

Here's a Blue Marvel oldie you folks may appreciate. The original page of art from Adam's Age of Heroes appearance. You may notice something different about it and the published page.

5 aoh.jpg

3842829-age+of+heroes+03+pg+18+copy.jpg

Oucheth.

Fantastic Member Jumpoff AKA JohnnyBlazed's Avatar

Here's a Blue Marvel oldie you folks may appreciate. The original page of art from Adam's Age of Heroes appearance. You may notice something different about it and the published page.

5 aoh.jpg

3842829-age+of+heroes+03+pg+18+copy.jpg

Oucheth.
    Is is Hyperion black in the original page???

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpoff AKA JohnnyBlazed View Post
    Is is Hyperion black in the original page???
    No, it just looks that way because it's a b/w image and not the sharpest resolution. If you look at the second panel, however, you'll see King Hyperion with his normal features, hairline, etc.

The main change is that in the b/w version Blue Marvel is getting stomped with a full rendering of King Hyperion's leg. In the final piece, however, KH's boot on Brashear's face is depicted. One is slightly more impactful storytelling-wise than the other, which is why the change was necessary.

Blue Marvel wins this fight in the end, but he definitely needs to brush up on his hand-to-hand fighting skills.

Astonishing Member

Ah but here's what I was trying to point out. The print of the story has the panel say "Humiliated on more levels than I thought I could be." Between that and the placement of King Hyperion and Blue Marvel in the original panel...

I'm fairly certain the original meant to imply King Hyperion stomped on Adam between his legs. But left it just open enough to interpretation so that you might not notice it.