Page 73 of 95 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1411

Screenshot_20180312-185316.jpg
    I love this opening in Ultimates. I would love to see this fleshed out in a series, his experience as a child during the Depression.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymousmc View Post
    Screenshot_20180312-185316.jpg
    I love this opening in Ultimates. I would love to see this fleshed out in a series, his experience as a child during the Depression.
    I always thought that his origin was excellent in how it set him apart from other Superman archtypes.

For Superman, changing the course of humanity is an intellectual consideration.

For Adam, it's an emotional one. He sat at the back of the bus, and had to drink from different water fountains.

More than that, he didn't get his powers until he was a grown adult.

He also went to war and fought for a country that made every effort to relegate his community to second class citizenry. Was forced to deal with racism from the soldiers he was fighting beside, soldiers that Conner Simms stood up to, ultimately sparking their friendship. It really is an amazing backstory.

Also, I’ve seen a few people mention some possible Ultimates teams that are missing most of the founding members. For me, Monica is a must, and I’d also like MAC to remain. Really enjoyed Ewing’s portrayal of her. I’d hope that T’Challa would stay too, but as I’ve said before, he may have outgrown them.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Adam's origin is one that would make for a compelling script. It is also still very relevant today.

I'm writing this after reading about the 3 Texas package bombs that killed two Black men and critically injured an elderly Hispanic woman. When you think about how commonplace such atrocities were back when Adam first gained his powers...

...it really is amazing to me that he didn't become a far more powerful version of Magneto.

Then again, maybe there is an alternate Earth where he did. If they ever bring back the Ultimates, that would be a story that I'd want to read.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 03-12-2018 at 08:22 PM.

it's a shame that he went so off the radar. I think an old adventures of Blue Marvel mini or book could be interesting. Reed Richards had an early adventures solo book.

I wonder what Kevin Grevioux (the creator) would do with him now that he's fleshed out a bit more.
    There was rumors that he didn't like his showing in Mighty Avengers but overall would like Grevioux to write him.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Adam's origin is one that would make for a compelling script. It is also still very relevant today.

I'm writing this after reading about the 3 Texas package bombs that killed two Black men and critically injured an elderly Hispanic woman. When you think about how commonplace such atrocities were back when Adam first gained his powers...

...it really is amazing to me that he didn't become a far more powerful version of Magneto.

Then again, maybe there is an alternate Earth where he did. If they ever bring back the Ultimates, that would be a story that I'd want to read.
    I'd really like to see more done with Adam's 'lost years'. Honestly, I kinda feel like an ongoing that wasn't just a snapshot, but rather, covered his earlier years up to his 'retirement' and followed him after would be pretty solid, especially if it cut forward to 'now' frequently as a way of comparison.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I'd really like to see more done with Adam's 'lost years'. Honestly, I kinda feel like an ongoing that wasn't just a snapshot, but rather, covered his earlier years up to his 'retirement' and followed him after would be pretty solid, especially if it cut forward to 'now' frequently as a way of comparison.
    I would love to see this. I would pitch something similar if I were staff writer at Marvel. It would show what adventures he went on behind the scenes after his retirement and how he dealt with changing social issues of the day. You could also do kinda meta commentary on how comics changed over the years as well.

Eh, I don’t really want to go back. I think what books that involve him, for the time being, should be trying to define who he is today. Once he gets more fleshed out we can dig deeper into his past.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I would love to see this. I would pitch something similar if I were staff writer at Marvel. It would show what adventures he went on behind the scenes after his retirement and how he dealt with changing social issues of the day. You could also do kinda meta commentary on how comics changed over the years as well.
    Right. You can talk about how comics and society have and haven't changed, with Adam himself remaining a bit of a constant because he knows who he is. That doesn't mean he hasn't changed, but he strikes me as someone who's pretty firm on who he is.

Ultimate Member

Right. You can talk about how comics and society have and haven't changed, with Adam himself remaining a bit of a constant because he knows who he is. That doesn't mean he hasn't changed, but he strikes me as someone who's pretty firm on who he is.
    I think it could work as as series of minis.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Honestly, I am a bit more curious about what he did in the past than what he's doing right now. The social aspects of the character in the changing times is probably what made him stand out more than anything else, and I think his first mini sort of blew past that a little faster than I would have liked.

I'm not sure we'd get a mini telling that because to be honest I'm not sure it would sell... but it's something I'd like to see. Maybe they could tie it together with a story involving T'Chaka or something so they could slap Black Panthers name on it to help it sell.

If anything, referencing important times in history and how it parallels with modern times, can show how he has integrity that transcends the times (particularly the evils of each time period) and how his experiences have molded him to the person he is today.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly, I am a bit more curious about what he did in the past than what he's doing right now. The social aspects of the character in the changing times is probably what made him stand out more than anything else, and I think his first mini sort of blew past that a little faster than I would have liked.

I'm not sure we'd get a mini telling that because to be honest I'm not sure it would sell... but it's something I'd like to see. Maybe they could tie it together with a story involving T'Chaka or something so they could slap Black Panthers name on it to help it sell.
    That wouldn't be a bad idea but you would have to do it in a way that was organic (maybe something involving science exploration).

If anything, referencing important times in history and how it parallels with modern times, can show how he has integrity that transcends the times (particularly the evils of each time period) and how his experiences have molded him to the person he is today.
    Indeed, though one has to be careful to avoid 'Adam Is Always Right'.

That wouldn't be a bad idea but you would have to do it in a way that was organic (maybe something involving science exploration).
    Organically doing a story with T'Chaka would be tricky, because he's a lot more isolationish than his son. But in Rise of the Black Panther, T'Chaka did contact Howard Stark for help in trying to save his wife. I suppose in theory they could do a story where he triest getting help from Adam for the same reason.