Page 74 of 95 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1411

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Indeed, though one has to be careful to avoid 'Adam Is Always Right'.
    If anything, I think they need to try an sell the idea that Adam was right since I imagine a lot of people, both readers an in-story, would still disagree with his decision to bench himself. Showing all these evils of the various time periods which he's essentially does nothing about actually makes him look bad unless they can find ways of maneuvering around that.

I would like to see him in a book that is more sci-fi. A story covering the nuances of the possibility of his ascending to status of a science made god. I want to see what the experience of being able to manipulate power is played out on the pages. I like the idea of history through the eyes of a black man that has effectively become a god but sometimes i do get sick of all the social commentary and i just want to have my mind challenged with more abstract ideas. No disrespect to my people.

Blue Marvel needs to be put on a big mainstream team like the Avengers and become MORE integrated in the Marvel U.

Quote Originally Posted by KidStranglehold View Post
    Blue Marvel needs to be put on a big mainstream team like the Avengers and become MORE integrated in the Marvel U.
    This would help him so much more right especially with Marvel wanting to tighten up their hero groups and give them better focus. However that is the very reason they'll be hard pressed to even consider using Adam. Its going to take more than one person wanting to use Adam for a push to have any results. More minds will have to convinced that he will good for mainstream, big time line up.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If anything, I think they need to try an sell the idea that Adam was right since I imagine a lot of people, both readers an in-story, would still disagree with his decision to bench himself. Showing all these evils of the various time periods which he's essentially does nothing about actually makes him look bad unless they can find ways of maneuvering around that.
    I think by having him out there doing stuff they can manage to make him not look bad. Just because he can't fix racism doesn't mean he's not saving the universe anyway, and I think that can still lead to a lot of interesting stories. Still, it's a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    This would help him so much more right especially with Marvel wanting to tighten up their hero groups and give them better focus. However that is the very reason they'll be hard pressed to even consider using Adam. Its going to take more than one person wanting to use Adam for a push to have any results. More minds will have to convinced that he will good for mainstream, big time line up.
    I agree it COULD help but they need to be careful not to run afoul of the conundrums that fouled Sentry.

Quote Originally Posted by KidStranglehold View Post
    I'd love to see him on the Avengers but I want him to lead
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I would like to see him in a book that is more sci-fi. A story covering the nuances of the possibility of his ascending to status of a science made god. I want to see what the experience of being able to manipulate power is played out on the pages. I like the idea of history through the eyes of a black man that has effectively become a god but sometimes i do get sick of all the social commentary and i just want to have my mind challenged with more abstract ideas. No disrespect to my people.
    I think essentially you can have a balance of both. I think exposition that flesh him out through the past while still keeping it to where he has these strange other worldly adventures. I would like both without being too heavy handed to one or the other. I like what they did in the later part of Mighty Avengers specifically is good example wheree they connected his past with the mystical and the present.

Astonishing Member

Organically doing a story with T'Chaka would be tricky, because he's a lot more isolationish than his son. But in Rise of the Black Panther, T'Chaka did contact Howard Stark for help in trying to save his wife. I suppose in theory they could do a story where he triest getting help from Adam for the same reason.
    I mean there was a pitch some time after his original mini that was made but never created of T'Chaka, Adam and Isaiah Bradley teaming up for something. No reason it couldn't happen now in truth.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    I mean there was a pitch some time after his original mini that was made but never created of T'Chaka, Adam and Isaiah Bradley teaming up for something. No reason it couldn't happen now in truth.
    They can't use Isaiah Bradley because of legal reasons.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Hmmm... why didn't I think of this before?

I was so caught up in the sociopolitical aspects of Adam's origin that I completely missed the historical touchstones. The Apollo 11 mission, which was the first successful manned trip to the moon, didn't happen until 1969. Kennedy was assassinated in 1963, which means that Blue's little meeting with Uatu (after he had been forced into retirement) was the first time that a man from Earth had stepped foot on the moon. Ever. Adam's lunar visit pre-dates the Apollo mission by at least 6-7 years.

Now that we've clearly established that Adam "discovered" the moon (eat your heart out, Columbus), we can now officially call it Blue's Moon. Or New Brashearia. Whatever works.

So shall it be written...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    They can't use Isaiah Bradley because of legal reasons.
    I keep hearing that but I remember someone at Marvel shooting that down as a thing a while back.

Ultimate Member

I keep hearing that but I remember someone at Marvel shooting that down as a thing a while back.
    I think until we see Bradley again, we should be a little skeptical

I might buy that if it was simply Isaiah that hasn't been seen in awhile. There's only so much you can do with that character, apart from period pieces.

But the fact that Eli hasn't been used, even when we got a Young Avengers book, makes me think there is something going on with the rights. They even replaced Eli with a new Patiot so it seems like marvel is done with the character.

Ultimate Member

I might buy that if it was simply Isaiah that hasn't been seen in awhile. There's only so much you can do with that character, apart from period pieces.

But the fact that Eli hasn't been used, even when we got a Young Avengers book, makes me think there is something going on with the rights. They even replaced Eli with a new Patiot so it seems like marvel is done with the character.
    What was the name of the kid Priest created? Something X, IIRC. We've not seen him either

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    What was the name of the kid Priest created? Something X, IIRC. We've not seen him either
    Josiah X I believe. Yeah, that whole family seems to have vanished.