Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Blue Marvel Appreciation

Welcome, everyone, to the thread that appreciates the Blue Marvel (Adam Bernard Brashear)...The Blue Bomber of Battle, The Magnificent Master of Might, The Man of Marvels!

Origins: (from Marvel.com) https://marvel.com/universe/Blue_marvel

"In the 1960s Adam Brashear was a young man who served his country as a U.S. Marine. When he discovered his super-powers, he fashioned a secret identity with which to protect his country; the Blue Marvel! He served as a hero for years, and was one of the most popular heroes of his time. Yet Adam had a secret, he was an African-American, a fact not lost on the government. As a precaution against so much power in the hands of a black man, they took steps to control him, even going so far as to plant a Spy for him to date. His career as the Blue Marvel ended after he faced the Anti-Man, with his ethnicity revealed, Adam was pressured by the government to retire."

However, although Blue Marvel "retired" from protecting humanity as a superhero, Adam still managed to find ways to protect the Earth throughout the decades and recently came out of retirement and re-joined the superhero community so that the Blue Marvel could fly again.

Blue Marvel is currently a team member in the "Mighty Avengers" ongoing series written by Al Ewing.

*Credit for some of the opening text seen above goes to SilverZeal*

First Appearance: Adam: Legend of the Blue Marvel #1 (mini-series)

Significant Issues: Adam: Legend of the Blue Marvel #1-5; Age of Heroes #3; Fear Itself: The Home Front #4, Mighty Avengers, The Ultimates

Education: Dr. Adam Brashear has a PhD in Electrical Engineering and Theoretical Physics from Cornell University

Powers: Superhuman strength (equal to Thor and Hulk), flight, nigh-invulnerability, anti-matter energy generation. Blue Marvel's body stores anti-matter and disperses it to unknown degrees.

Abilities: Blue Marvel, who is actually 80 years old, ages slower than average humans due to his exposure to anti-matter. He is a stable anti-matter reactor.

Weapons: Blue Marvel is trained in armed combat, due to having been a U.S. Marine during the Korean War.

Let the celebrations of such a great character continue!

Last edited by MoneySpider; 12-02-2017 at 06:54 PM.

Incredible Member

Ahhh one of the reasons i'm enjoying the Mighty Avengers title so much .

Before I tried Mighty Avengers, I had never heard of Blue Marvel. Now, he's very much a favorite. Black Panther should probably get an MCU movie first, but I hope Blue Marvel isn't too far behind. He's such a rich and interesting character, and so much of his story is wide-open.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AgentVenom View Post
    Before I tried Mighty Avengers, I had never heard of Blue Marvel. Now, he's very much a favorite. Black Panther should probably get an MCU movie first, but I hope Blue Marvel isn't too far behind. He's such a rich and interesting character, and so much of his story is wide-open.
    I'd personally enjoy a DVD release of his mini series in animated form. I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

Fantastic Member

That new costume has grown on me no end. Can't wait to see how involved Brashear gets in Original Sin! Long live the Blue Bomber of Battle!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    I'd personally enjoy a DVD release of his mini series in animated form. I'd buy that in a heartbeat.
    It would be nice if the next Avengers movie made some kind of direct reference to Blue Marvel, as well as some of the older heroes that pre-date the Avengers. Something like having Stark walk into Fury's office while the latter gentleman is looking at 3D files of various heroes that might be able to help the team. One of the files at the top of the screen would read either Adam Brashear or Blue Marvel. Or better yet, have one of his children make a cameo appearance as a SHIELD scientist in training. Even a simple throw away role like that would be a big deal.

BANNED

SUPA-INCREDULOUS FRM PYRO-TWILIGHT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Figured you folks might appreciate this new commission I received the other day by MC Wyman,who among much work also drew Adam's Age of Heroes and Fear Itself: The Homefront appearances. Plus my mock solicit. Enjoy.

Attachment 2627

BLUE MARVEL: THE HIDDEN YEARS #1
    AL Ewing (W) • MC Wyman (A/C)

• Delving into the unknown secret history of one of the newest and mightiest Mighty Avengers!

• With his recent heart break still weighing him down Adam sets his eyes on stopping the greatest threat Earth ever knew, but he wasn’t present to deal with, Galactus!

• With the Silver Surfer gone however, Adam has to deal with a new Herald: Enter…FIRELORD.

•But if Adam can stop him…does he even have any hope of stopping Galactus from devouring an extraterrestrial world?

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Shared it here:http://community.comicbookresources....ciation/page11...a few mnths bak.

Wud also luv KG's involvementin such a project.

Can sum1 plz share dis with Grevioux on social media...it wud b interesting 2 c wat he/KG says.
    Last edited by SilverZeal; 11-18-2014 at 04:42 AM.

BANNED

D abv img is BM's currnt costme as he featurs in d currntly ongoing MA brilliantly written by Al Ewing.

And blw is sum sweeet fanart...

Special thnx 2 Artist- SPIDERGUILE 4 dis supadiculous illustratn.
    http://spiderguile.deviantart.com/ar...Nova-439596695

BANNED

Just a lil' mo BM luv y'all. BM's costumedesign inspired by KG's Wat-if story.

Extraordinary Member

Black Panther, Blue Marvel, Captain Marvel, Monica Rambeau, Ms America Chavez and Galactus.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post

black panther, blue marvel, captain marvel, monica rambeau, ms america chavez and galactus.
    Yes!!!!!!!!!!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Yes!!!!!!!!!!

*squints eyes*
    *grins*
    *squints eyes*
    *Grins again*

Yeah...i have questions but Ultimately they don't matter . Blue Marvel ( and a woman with nicely tanned legs lol) are all i needed to see. When can we buy this ?

America's a Latina. That's not a tan, it's her skin tone.

it launches in October.
    I surrender to the Contest

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post

Black Panther, Blue Marvel, Captain Marvel, Monica Rambeau, Ms America Chavez and Galactus.
    I am seeing so much win here.

so reading this.
    I surrender to the Contest