Page 94 of 95 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495 LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1411
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Blade.
    Isabella Ayala-the White Tiger, Hector’s mother.
    Diana Drumm—Sister Voodoo, Jericho’s aunt.
    Josiah Bradley—the Patriot.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I miss his original costume. It had more of an iconic vibe.

His current costume in all fairness does arguably suit him better. He comes off more as a scientist/explorere than a super hero in it. And realistically there's no reason to wear a mask or a cape. But still... it looked cool.
    It was a good Silver Age costume! And if we were able to have flashbacks of his activities in the 60s it would be a good way to honor it (like Green Arrow). I'd love to see a mix of current adventures in a new/updated costume and Silver Age with the original look. I think that would please folks.

Spectacular Member

They could bring the helmet back as a smaller version of the cosmic awareness machine he invited in the Ultimates

BANNED

the helmet was hiding his face/race

I dont think it would be a good design choice, id rather him be without it proudly

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post

I dont think it would be a good design choice, id rather him be without it proudly
    We're talking about him only wearing it under special circumstances like hostile dimension travel for navigation/mini cosmic awareness and what-not. During the regular everyday grind, he'd have his face uncovered.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post

It's not like he can't take it off. T'Challa for example covers his face too when he's in full gear. But we all know his race.

BANNED

It's not like he can't take it off. T'Challa for example covers his face too when he's in full gear. But we all know his race.
    it's mostly because of the history of the character, i feel it would be better for him to not wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    We're talking about him only wearing it under special circumstances like hostile dimension travel for navigation/mini cosmic awareness and what-not. During the regular everyday grind, he'd have his face uncovered.
    sure that's fine

Helmet or not I'm good either way, just don't bring the cape back. I think it dates him too much. Yes I actually love his throwback costume but it reminds me so much of characters I used to draw and I'm in my 40's

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Legendary icon, Neal Adams, discussing the creation of Green Lantern, John Stewart. Definitely a video worth watching. Thank you, Mr. Adams! In pushing back, you propelled us all forward. Your invitations to the picnic are on the way.

Makes you wonder about what discussions, if any, Marvel is having on the topic of pushing Blue Marvel to greater prominence. It took some time for John Stewart to become one of the most popular of DC characters and it didn't happen in the pages of comics. There's a blueprint in there perhaps for Marvel to follow.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Legendary icon, Neal Adams, discussing the creation of Green Lantern, John Stewart. Definitely a video worth watching. Thank you, Mr. Adams! In pushing back, you propelled us all forward. Your invitations to the picnic are on the way.

Makes you wonder about what discussions, if any, Marvel is having on the topic of pushing Blue Marvel to greater prominence. It took some time for John Stewart to become one of the most popular of DC characters and it didn't happen in the pages of comics. There's a blueprint in there perhaps for Marvel to follow.
    More than anything I think it took the Justice League cartoon to get Steward his big push.

In this day and age I think to REALLY get pushed, it takes more than just being used in comic books. I think you need to be on the big or small screen to really generate any level of mass appeal. Though comics is probably the first step in that process. You won't show up in the Avengers movie or even the Avengers cartoon until you become more of a mainstay in the Avengers comic.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

More than anything I think it took the Justice League cartoon to get Steward his big push.

In this day and age I think to REALLY get pushed, it takes more than just being used in comic books. I think you need to be on the big or small screen to really generate any level of mass appeal. Though comics is probably the first step in that process. You won't show up in the Avengers movie or even the Avengers cartoon until you become more of a mainstay in the Avengers comic.
    I definitely agree. The more mediums and platforms a character appears in, the better. John Stewart went from being a niche character to a household name thanks to the Justice League/ Justice League Unlimited cartoon series. When Marvel is done pushing Carol Danvers, hopefully they'll turn their attention to other characters...although I suspect launching X-Men movies will be their main priority.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

I definitely agree. The more mediums and platforms a character appears in, the better. John Stewart went from being a niche character to a household name thanks to the Justice League/ Justice League Unlimited cartoon series. When Marvel is done pushing Carol Danvers, hopefully they'll turn their attention to other characters...although I suspect launching X-Men movies will be their main priority.
    Probably. The blessing in disguise for marvel NOT having the rights to X-Men, Spider-Man and Fantastic Four is that it allowed them to experiment with more niche characters like Dr. Strange and Guardians of the Galaxy. Getting X-Men and FF back likely means they will be getting any open spots needing to be filled from the potential departure of the core Avengers. So on the movie side of things, I'm not sure Adam will get any love at least in a solo movie.

But on the TV side of things, I think Adam still has a shot. Characters like Jessica Jones or the Runaways aren't exactly HUGE names, but they're getting shots at TV shows because they have unique concepts that potentially translate well into a tV show. And I think Adam falls in that category. He could even show up in Agents of SHIELD, as he's got SHIELD ties in his orign too.

Ultimate Member

T'Challa's a lot more squishy than Blue, though. Adam can take a head shot from Hulk

I think a modified helmet that allows recording for later analyst would work, though.

Invincible Member

I'd also give props though to Steve Englehart. I remember reading an interview were he was talking about how he brought John Stewart out of limbo, and the editor said about the story that was pitched something like, "That's sounds really cool, it'll be a drag when Hal comes back and John has to go away." Steve said something like, "No, that's just it...when Hal comes back John doesn't go away."

Also props to Bruce Timm for using John in the JL cartoon show when he could have used either Hal Jordan or Kyle Rayner ( who was the star of the comic at the time), but thought the show could use a little diversity ( also the reason he swapped out Aquaman for Hawkgirl).

Invincible Member

Eh, Keep in mind though characters like Brother Voodoo and Ant Man started getting used more in the comics because they were optioned for TV and movies properties not the other way around. Wouldn't be shocked at all if Moondragon or Werewolf By Night got a TV show tomorrow despite not being in a popular comic right now.