Page 82 of 95 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1411

I don't see why we can't have a mini where Adam matches wits with someone like Doom. He's already crossed over to fight different heroes/ hero groups why not craft a good story with Blue Marvel. However there is a need for more good villians with Killmonger like layers and Apocalypse level power. I know that I can't stand another Thanos/infinity gem theme book!
    Last edited by dkrook; 09-14-2018 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I don't see why we can't have a mini where Adam matches wits with someone like Doom. He's already crossed over to fight different heroes/ hero groups why not craft a good story with Blue Marvel. However there is a need for more good villians with Killmonger like layers and Apocalypse level power. I know that I can't stand another Thanos/infinity gem theme book!
    Superficial villains are the worst. Heroes and villains both need real motives and should never be one dimensional.

I don't understand why it's so hard to make more foes of the superheroes legitimate threats by making them more powerful or as powerful?
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post
    Superficial villains are the worst. Heroes and villains both need real motives and should never be one dimensional.

I don't understand why it's so hard to make more foes of the superheroes legitimate threats by making them more powerful or as powerful?
    I concur.

Yet sometimes, they do exist, but the writer has them become jobbers instead of winning.

Villains are not going to lose, just because they are "bad" or "evil", as many writers show. In truth, it can be that ruthlessness that causes the villains to win! And many times, these villains are truly as powerful or even more powerful than a few heroes combined.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 09-15-2018 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I concur.

Yet sometimes, they do exist, but the writer has them become jobbers instead of winning.

Villains are not going to lose, just because they are "bad" or "evil", as many writers show. In truth, it can be that ruthlessness that causes the villains to win! And many times, these villains are truly as powerful or even more powerful than a few heroes combined.
    I agree.

I for one am sick of the jobbing. I prefer to see intelligent stories with heroes and villains using their full abilities.

You bring up another good subject on "bad" and "evil". There are probably more villains that go into the bad. category than evil. Most of them are not outright killers or sadistic. They should be as compelling as the heroes.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    You're right, I didn't take that into consideration. Maybe through some finessing they could find a way to have him alter his composition but still be able to survive in the negative zone much like Blue Marvel can? Idk, it's either that or just make a brand new villain.
    It's an encounter that I'd still like to see, if for no other reason than it can help answer some questions concerning the nature and extent of Adam's abilities.

I'd also be curious to see how a writer would handle the ultimate weapon of the Negative Zone, the Cosmic Control Rod, in respect to Adam. Would its wielder be more powerful than Adam? Less? And what would happen if Adam possessed it? For all we know, the CCR is the Negative Zone's equivalent of a Cosmic Cube -- complete with an innate sentience that is actively looking for someone like Adam for either a benign, or sinister purpose that we can only imagine. What if the concept of Adam being a stable antimatter battery is wrong? What if he's actually a living, breathing Cosmic Control Rod? (Which, I suppose, makes Anti-Man an unstable Cosmic Control Rod.) What if the CCR bestowed upon Adam absolute power to change the world, or create one that reflected his vision of a veritable utopia? Would he exercise that power, or no? What if, what if, what if?

The one thing that I do know is that Marvel is doing itself a disservice by not having Blue Marvel in a title now. Their current offerings seem catered to the fans of yesterday. Where will their fans of tomorrow come from if they continue to do that?
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 09-15-2018 at 09:45 AM.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    It's an encounter that I'd still like to see, if for no other reason than it can help answer some questions concerning the nature and extent of Adam's abilities.

I'd also be curious to see how a writer would handle the ultimate weapon of the Negative Zone, the Cosmic Control Rod, in respect to Adam. Would its wielder be more powerful than Adam? Less? And what would happen if Adam possessed it? For all we know, the CCR is the Negative Zone's equivalent of a Cosmic Cube -- complete with an innate sentience that is actively looking for someone like Adam for either a benign, or sinister purpose that we can only imagine. What if the concept of Adam being a stable antimatter battery is wrong? What if he's actually a living, breathing Cosmic Control Rod? (Which, I suppose, makes Anti-Man an unstable Cosmic Control Rod.) What if the CCR bestowed upon Adam absolute power to change the world, or create one that reflected his vision of a veritable utopia? Would he exercise that power, or no? What if, what if, what if?

The one thing that I do know is that Marvel is doing itself a disservice by not having Blue Marvel in a title now. Their current offerings seem catered to the fans of yesterday. Where will their fans of tomorrow come from if they continue to do that?
    Marvel is sitting on a gold mine with Blue and they just won't use him very much, idk why. They saw how Black Panther blew up pretty much instantly, why not ride the momentum and build up the other independent black heroes? Like what you just said could be an interesting and expansive arc not only for Adam but possibly for the res of the MarvelU and easily carry the book for years. Adam has unlimited potential in the real world and in the Marvel universe, it's time they realize that and start giving him his dues and build up tons of source material so they can make EVEN MOAR moneyz in the MCU like Panther.
    Last edited by Cosmic Emerald 23; 09-15-2018 at 11:39 AM.

Invincible Member

Marvel is sitting on a gold mine with Blue and they just won't use him very much, idk why. They saw how Black Panther blew up pretty much instantly, why not ride the momentum and build up the other independent black heroes? Like what you just said could be an interesting and expansive arc not only for Adam but possibly for the res of the MarvelU and easily carry the book for years. Adam has unlimited potential in the real world and in the Marvel universe, it's time they realize that and start giving him his dues and build up tons of source material so they can make EVEN MOAR moneyz in the MCU like Panther.
    Well, keep in mind it's not like they haven't tried to build up other black heroes. It's just that the comics market is kinda weird right now. The general movie audience loved the Falcon on screen but his comic didn't do well after he went back to his original mantle. The first Luke Cage TV show broke Netflix cuz so many people tried to watch it at the same time, but his comic struggled. Heck DC Comics has 3 "black superman" characters, but they struggle as well ( when/if used). Storm is the closest Marvel has to Wonder Woman level pop culture icon, Marvel cancelled her comic. Stuff like Moon Girl does well, but in secondary market ( if is fine too).

I wrote on another Message Board a while ago that Blue Marvel needs to be put in the MCU. Now with talks about Michael B. Jordan possibly playing an Elseworld's Superman, they may end up playing second fiddle. Adam Brashear's backstory would be great in a Marvel Cinematic way. He is somewhat a Superman-clone, but his powers work and come from an entirely different source. They'd be wise to throw him in an upcoming MCU film.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Well, keep in mind it's not like they haven't tried to build up other black heroes. It's just that the comics market is kinda weird right now. The general movie audience loved the Falcon on screen but his comic didn't do well after he went back to his original mantle. The first Luke Cage TV show broke Netflix cuz so many people tried to watch it at the same time, but his comic struggled. Heck DC Comics has 3 "black superman" characters, but they struggle as well ( when/if used). Storm is the closest Marvel has to Wonder Woman level pop culture icon, Marvel cancelled her comic. Stuff like Moon Girl does well, but in secondary market ( if is fine too).
    I mean I guess if you want to call their efforts "trying". Those books failed because they put lower tier talent on them, thinking that their on screen success will translate over with minimal effort. They did so because they're not really a priority with the companies, because let's face it, Falcon ain't Steve Rogers, Luke Cage is no Iron Man etc. I understand putting the best writers/artists on the big characters, but the teams they had on those characters' books you named were just not up to par. Meanwhile, the most badass and most profitable characters like Blue Marvel and Blade (excluding Panther) are on the sidelines while they waste time trying to build up trash characters like Riri Williams. We want writers like Christopher Priest on Blue Marvel's book, not some random young adult author they love to scoop up nowadays.

Invincible Member

I mean I guess if you want to call their efforts "trying". Those books failed because they put lower tier talent on them, thinking that their on screen success will translate over with minimal effort. They did so because they're not really a priority with the companies, because let's face it, Falcon ain't Steve Rogers, Luke Cage is no Iron Man etc. I understand putting the best writers/artists on the big characters, but the teams they had on those characters' books you named were just not up to par. Meanwhile, the most badass and most profitable characters like Blue Marvel and Blade (excluding Panther) are on the sidelines while they waste time trying to build up trash characters like Riri Williams. We want writers like Christopher Priest on Blue Marvel's book, not some random young adult author they love to scoop up nowadays.
    I think part of the problem is that the big names want to work either on the big characters or character they personally care about. I've heard rumors that Marvel doesn't always want to pay the top creators high rates for 2nd and 3rd tier characters they aren't sure of. So they they'll pay say Alex Ross to do Avengers covers cuz they know it'll sell a certain amount, but are reluctant to offer him say a US Agent revamp.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I think part of the problem is that the big names want to work either on the big characters or character they personally care about. I've heard rumors that Marvel doesn't always want to pay the top creators high rates for 2nd and 3rd tier characters they aren't sure of. So they they'll pay say Alex Ross to do Avengers covers cuz they know it'll sell a certain amount, but are reluctant to offer him say a US Agent revamp.
    I think you hit the nail on the head. They are afraid of letting and/or assigning top guys on books not showcasing it's old school characters. Please don't point to Falcon as indicative of anything. Swapping white faces was never a long term win. Mosaic and to a certain degree Blue Marvel didn't get legitimate pushes AND I corporation into the Universe proper.

Are any of you guys down for Blue to get a new look? I'm fine with him sticking to his "Ultimates" look, but if he were to get a new suit, then I want a modern take on his original suit with the cape and everything. I know the original purpose of his helmet is null and void now that he has a public ID, but he could still wear it and use it for other purposes like how Black Panther or Iron Man or Captain America wear theirs even though they don't have secret IDs. Maybe use the one he wore with his exploration armor cuz I personally think it'd look weird if he wore the classic suit without the helmet.

Are any of you guys down for Blue to get a new look? I'm fine with him sticking to his "Ultimates" look, but if he were to get a new suit, then I want a modern take on his original suit with the cape and everything. I know the original purpose of his helmet is null and void now that he has a public ID, but he could still wear it and use it for other purposes like how Black Panther or Iron Man or Captain America wear theirs even though they don't have secret IDs. Maybe use the one he wore with his exploration armor cuz I personally think it'd look weird if he wore the classic suit without the helmet.
    His first look was awesome.

I'm fine with his Ultimates look in that it actually suits him the best... but the first costume just looked so iconic.

I prefer his Ultimates look. I wasn't too big on his original costume, not that it was bad but it just wasn't anything special to me. I felt the character was more interesting than his look, ya know? I think his current look suits him better. Although, agree it would be cool if he occasionally used a helmet in the vain of his containment suit/original suit but overall I'm cool with him sticking to the Ultimates look.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

By the end of the Ultimates series was he dating Monica?