Page 11 of 95 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

SHIELD #1 gives us multiple Blue Marvel in action scenes. I feel as though this is the first time (in along time) that i've seen the Blue Marvel actually fighting an enemy .

A blue marvel series would be cool. I wish they got rid of the cape and got him a helmet instead.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by rdman View Post
    A blue marvel series would be cool. I wish they got rid of the cape and got him a helmet instead.
    Nah, only Nova can pull of being a flying brick in a helmet and no cape

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    SHIELD #1 gives us multiple Blue Marvel in action scenes. I feel as though this is the first time (in along time) that i've seen the Blue Marvel actually fighting an enemy .
    It was nice to see BM get some action, although I think the SHIELD writers may have confused BM with Vision in one panel. Either that, or we're seeing a new application of his powers that we haven't seen previously.

BMShield1.jpg

It would have been nice to see BM use his energy projection powers in some of those fight scenes. As several commenters have noted, the less that we see Brashear being portrayed as simply a "flying brick," the better.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    It was nice to see BM get some action, although I think the SHIELD writers may have confused BM with Vision in one panel. Either that, or we're seeing a new application of his powers that we haven't seen previously.

BMShield1.jpg
    Maybe he is just punching through that demon thing.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Maybe he is just punching through that demon thing.
    I thought about that. Given Brashear's "I don't kill" credo and the absence of gore and spatter, the demon is probably composed of animated sand or rock. Punching a hole like that in any fleshly creature would kill it.

Still, it would be nice to see Brashear blast these guys with particle beams of some kind. I'm all for fisticuffs, but they were fighting a horde of creatures and were vastly outnumbered. Let the Hulk and others throw haymakers, but characters like Hyperion, Captain Marvel, Brashear and others should be unleashing destruction over the wide expanse of enemies using their ranged attacks, not by engaging every creature one on one in hand to hand combat. (Yes, I know the writer's denouement hinged on stealth, not overwhelming force, but he could have at least tried to make us believe this was a credible battle.)

Does anyone know if Blue Marvel will appear in the upcoming Secret Wars event?

We can hope that Mighty Avengers book will have tie ins. I don't think he will have a main role. Their cameo in Time Runs Out is it.

Incredible Member

Having just read CA and The Mighty Avengers # 5 I would think so . I don't want to be overly optimistic but i wouldn't be surprised if we saw a decent amount of Adam Brashear during the Secret Wars.

Incredible Member

So Marvel has Thor with artificial limbs and Hyperion take on this "new threat" and I can't help but wonder while reading if the reason Blue Marvel isn't there (i mean if you're going to throw your most powerful characters against this threat Adam Brashear should be amongst them) is because his unique power set and scientific background will ultimately help defeat "them" when Secret Wars starts?

BANNED

So Marvel has Thor with artificial limbs and Hyperion take on this "new threat" and I can't help but wonder while reading if the reason Blue Marvel isn't there (i mean if you're going to throw your most powerful characters against this threat Adam Brashear should be amongst them) is because his unique power set and scientific background will ultimately help defeat "them" when Secret Wars starts?
    Nah, come on you can say it... It's because he's Black (African American)

I hope they expand his powers ability like Super Man and that the editors push for more an active role. Unfortunately Marvel sems to push women characters as of late.

Spectacular Member

I didn't know Adam made an appearance in the shield book I will have to check that out
    as for his involvement in Secret Wars I believe the more I read about the new beyonders the more they sound like people from the neutral zone

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

I would say if Al gets to helm an epic story Blue Marvel will be right out front. Heck I'd pay for a Blue Marvel movie, he needs more love!

Really, the reason Blue Marvel isn't there is because he's not a character in that particular book.