Page 3 of 95 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    BANNED

L8st intrvw frm Al Ewing in Newsrama.

MIGHTY AVENGERS Finds Its ORIGINAL SIN in Secret 1970s Avengers Squad
    by Chris Arrant, Newsarama Contributor
    Date: 06 May 2014 Time: 03:58 PM ET
    http://www.newsarama.com/21047-might...ers-squad.html

Nrama: For me at least, the Blue Marvel’s been the standout character in the series – can you talk about developing him and his past?

Ewing:
    The Blue Marvel is a wonderful character, very complex and nuanced, and a very tragic hero, which I like. There's something quintessentially Marvel about him - he has all this power, and yet it couldn't save his family. He bears the weight of the decisions of his past, of the people he's lost - weight that threatens to crush him, but he keeps on fighting. There's a quiet sadness to him.
    Read mo in d article.

Nw pg prvw:
    Seems BM will b interacting with Reed in #10.

Incredible Member

Ewing: I've learned that nine characters is a lot! I have a habit of concentrating on three or four at any one time - I try to ensure that everyone gets a turn in the spotlight. Right now the Blue Marvel's getting a lot of play, so once this latest story comes to a head he might end up in the background for a little while so other people can have a turn getting their meaty moments. When I'm plotting new issues, I tend to think "who hasn't had a turn in a while?"
    ....this concerns me a bit for purely selfish reasons.

I want to buy more comics. Unfortunately there are very few current on going titles that strike me as worth purchasing. Black Science. East of West. Batwing...although i'm a touch less enthusiastic about Batwing after the last issue or 2.

Less Blue Marvel really forces me to look elsewhere to spend my consumer cash. I want to support Marvel more but , damn, give me something worth purchasing. The Blue Marvel is the first comic character (specifically Marvel) that i've taken notice of in a long time and now there will be less of him ? Give him a solo title already so fans don't have to wait for him to have his spotlight turn again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    Ahhh one of the reasons i'm enjoying the Mighty Avengers title so much .

Just a lil' mo BM luv y'all. BM's costumedesign inspired by KG's Wat-if story.

BANNED

....this concerns me a bit for purely selfish reasons.

I want to buy more comics. Unfortunately there are very few current on going titles that strike me as worth purchasing. Black Science. East of West. Batwing...although i'm a touch less enthusiastic about Batwing after the last issue or 2.

Less Blue Marvel really forces me to look elsewhere to spend my consumer cash. I want to support Marvel more but , damn, give me something worth purchasing. The Blue Marvel is the first comic character (specifically Marvel) that i've taken notice of in a long time and now there will be less of him ? Give him a solo title already so fans don't have to wait for him to have his spotlight turn again.
    Well lets nt 4get MA is a team bk & if u bail ship as soon as anothr team membr is gvn d spotlyt den it reduces d chances of BM retrning bcuz MA wud get cancelld early.

And just bcuz BM wntb in d spotlyt doesnt mean we/BM fans wnt get 2 c him in action &/or interacting with d team membrs.

Fantastic Member

That image of Adam hovering on the moon, is badass. It even makes me like the new costume.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    L8st intrvw frm Al Ewing in Newsrama.

MIGHTY AVENGERS Finds Its ORIGINAL SIN in Secret 1970s Avengers Squad
    by Chris Arrant, Newsarama Contributor
    Date: 06 May 2014 Time: 03:58 PM ET
    http://www.newsarama.com/21047-might...ers-squad.html

Read mo in d article.

Nw pg prvw:
    Seems BM will b interacting with Reed in #10.

I like how Ewing says there's something quintessentially marvel about him.

His wife is dead. His best friend is dead (and the fact that his best friend is a watcher alone is pretty damn sad). One kid might as well be dead, while the other is a super villain. We've got one of the smartest most powerful beings on the planet, and his life utterly sucks.

That's a marvel character if ever there was one.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    Well lets nt 4get MA is a team bk & if u bail ship as soon as anothr team membr is gvn d spotlyt den it reduces d chances of BM retrning bcuz MA wud get cancelld early.

And just bcuz BM wntb in d spotlyt doesnt mean we/BM fans wnt get 2 c him in action &/or interacting with d team membrs.
    I have no intention of dropping MA as long as Blue Marvel is on the team. Less Blue Marvel would definitely diminish my enthusiasm for the title though.

Fantastic Member

I have no intention of dropping MA as long as Blue Marvel is on the team. Less Blue Marvel would definitely diminish my enthusiasm for the title though.
    It's the only problem with team books. Especially when your favourites aren't deemed worthy enough to have their own ongoings/minis. I team followed the Sentry on various iterations of the Avengers, for years. And THAT was under the pen of Bendis.
    Adam maybe getting less time now in the next few issues, but still be glad that he has been written well!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Last_Czarnian View Post
    It's the only problem with team books. Especially when your favourites aren't deemed worthy enough to have their own ongoings/minis. I team followed the Sentry on various iterations of the Avengers, for years. And THAT was under the pen of Bendis.
    Adam maybe getting less time now in the next few issues, but still be glad that he has been written well!
    Ewing is doing it right, yeah. Compare Ewing's treatment of Blue Marvel to Bendis' treatment of the Sentry. One could learn a lot from the other.

Incredible Member

That i am

Comics are a wonderful luxury that i enjoy. It's extremely rare that i take interest in a specific super hero character as opposed to a comic that doesn't fall into the super hero genre. I'd like to keep enjoying the Blue Marvel (or a character like him?) when i have a chance to breathe , unwind and have some time to myself but as it stands it's slim pickings in comic land.

BANNED

That image of Adam hovering on the moon, is badass. It even makes me like the new costume.
    Land md a gr8 nu costume 4 BM & is luks pretty gd but d "M" emblem is faintly/ nt pronouced much & d coloring is waaaay 2 much dark navy blu bordering blk cmpard 2 BM's 1st costume, we/SZ kinda preferrd d Wat-if version with no cape, a much mo 4midable "M" emblem, full silver arms. D only prblm we/SZ had with d wat-if costume is dat it had no gloves & no silver blw d waist whichis exact wat Land did with d nu costume which is wat got our/SZ attn abt it.

Any hw wud hv luvd sum silvr on BM's boots as we with d same design as his silvr arm gaunlets but smaller....hopefully those gauntlets r nt fluff purely 4 aesthetic value after BM is an inventor & has a brillaint scientific mind(same goes 4 d cape).

On dat note wat potential uses/applicatns cud BM's gauntlets hv....suggestns?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I like how Ewing says there's something quintessentially marvel about him.

His wife is dead. His best friend is dead (and the fact that his best friend is a watcher alone is pretty damn sad). One kid might as well be dead, while the other is a super villain. We've got one of the smartest most powerful beings on the planet, and his life utterly sucks.

That's a marvel character if ever there was one.
    Abso-frking-lutely!!!!

Well said, Agrd & cosignd!

In addtn, BM is prune 2 mking mistks despite his immense pwrs & intellect which really REALLY humanizes him in dat he is faaar frm godly inspite of his pwrs & intellect....& doesnt purport himself 2 b such.

A man of universal incredulous brillance yet his lyf is riddled with loss, pain & misery but he doesnt gv in....he's trying nt 2 gv in 2his emotional trauma by being a global supahero dedica8d 2 d neglectd & ignored parts of d wrld. Now his best friend Uatu who has provided BM with emotional supprt & companionship (which in itself is also very sad as u saidbcuz Uatu is d loneliest dude in d universe befriends sum1 with 1 of d most miserble lyf onhis planet/earth) since d 60's has bn murderd in d OS evnt just after d pain BM went thru with his sons.

In a way its no suprise BM cant sleep anymore & dedic8s himself fully 24/7 2 his global supaheroix & science research.
    Last edited by SilverZeal; 05-19-2014 at 06:09 AM.

BANNED

Hey now, der is still Monica & we/SZ specl8 dat she's nxt in line 4sum limelyt dat is if it isnt Cage due 2 d whole upcming Cage tv series thingy.

BANNED

Bendis truely & utterly ruind Sentry....we/SZ really felt & feel bad 4 Sentry fans.

We/SZ/BMfans wud definitely hope un2 wherevr BM shws-up as u said. LOL!
    Agrd....

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Ewing is doing it right, yeah. Compare Ewing's treatment of Blue Marvel to Bendis' treatment of the Sentry. One could learn a lot from the other.
    ... & cosignd!

But now y'all hv us/SZ worried abt wat wud happn 2 BM if or whn Ewing lvs d bk or MA gets cancelld.

BANNED

By d way hv any of y'all bn here...

RESPECT Adam: The BLUE MARVEL
    Started by: BlueDMighty
    http://www.killermovies.com/forums/s...3&pagenumber=7