Page 4 of 95 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Seems DC is now targeting BM & possibly MA fans...silver & blu,huh?

After all Earth-2 is also a team-bk.

Mks u wonda y dey cudnt just use Icon instead if DC wantd a true DC/Marvl match-up.

We/SZrmo interestd in d Supa-president frm Earth 23.

Wat do y'all say abt dis?

Cud dis b a play against BM?

Incredible Member

I'll take a look at that issue but i don't think i could every fully embrace that character. I tend not to gravitate towards "legacy characters" even if they are alternate universe characters. No coat tail riders for me.

I'm open to being convinced he is worth reading though
    Last edited by Customizer; 05-20-2014 at 11:55 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    I'll take a look at that issue but i don't think i could every fully embrace that character. I tend not to gravitate towards "legacy characters" even if they are alternate universe characters. No coat tail riders for me.

I'm open to being convinced he is worth reading though
    Earth 2 is nt a bad but though nt betta dan MA.

But we/SZ just cnt 4get past dat BM styled luk DC has gvn Val esp @ d expense of ICON.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I like how Ewing says there's something quintessentially marvel about him.

His wife is dead. His best friend is dead (and the fact that his best friend is a watcher alone is pretty damn sad). One kid might as well be dead, while the other is a super villain. We've got one of the smartest most powerful beings on the planet, and his life utterly sucks.

That's a marvel character if ever there was one.
    Not to mention the fact that his other best friend - Anti-Man - turned into his greatest foe, which forced Brashear to "kill" him in order to stop him. How does that saying go? "If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all!"

I'm still holding out hope that Blue Marvel and Anti-Man will be the Charles Xavier and Magneto of the Mighty Avengers some day. I'm also hoping that Anti-Man's son will turn up at some point down the road. There is a "Fathers and Sons" story arc to be told some day. I'm sure of it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    Just a lil' mo BM luv y'all. BM's costume design inspired by KG's Wat-if story.

Here's wat BM's costume actually lukd lyk in d wat-if issue.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Not to mention the fact that his other best friend - Anti-Man - turned into his greatest foe, which forced Brashear to "kill" him in order to stop him. How does that saying go? "If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all!"
    Whao!

Dat fits BM perfectly!

I'm still holding out hope that Blue Marvel and Anti-Man will be the Charles Xavier and Magneto of the Mighty Avengers some day. I'm also hoping that Anti-Man's son will turn up at some point down the road.
    Yeah...perhps Antiman's son wud partner with Max.

Both a in grief Antiman's son 4 d death of his dad & Max 4 d death of his mom & his brotha's interdimnsional entrapmnt.

But Antiman had abt 3 or 4 kids shwn in 1panel in d BM mini so it wud b nice if @ least 1 of dem sided with BM & see's BM as a fathr of sorts/ best uncle.

There is a "Fathers and Sons" story arc to be told some day. I'm sure of it.
    Dats just 2 gr8 an opprtunity 2 ignore.

BANNED

Here's is sumthing pretty kool frm poster-PyroTwilight

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Figured you folks might appreciate this new commission I received the other day by MC Wyman,who among much work also drew Adam's Age of Heroes and Fear Itself: The Homefront appearances. Plus my mock solicit. Enjoy.

Attachment 2627

BLUE MARVEL: THE HIDDEN YEARS #1
    AL Ewing (W) • MC Wyman (A/C)

• Delving into the unknown secret history of one of the newest and mightiest Mighty Avengers!

• With his recent heart break still weighing him down Adam sets his eyes on stopping the greatest threat Earth ever knew, but he wasn’t present to deal with, Galactus!

• With the Silver Surfer gone however, Adam has to deal with a new Herald: Enter…FIRELORD.

•But if Adam can stop him…does he even have any hope of stopping Galactus from devouring an extraterrestrial world?

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Dats really nice & major respect 2 PyroTwilight & Wyamn 4 tking d tym & effrt 2 do dis.

I have no intention of dropping MA as long as Blue Marvel is on the team. Less Blue Marvel would definitely diminish my enthusiasm for the title though.
    I can say with 99% certainty that if Blue Marvel leaves or perishes, that will be the last issue that I buy of MA. While I like MonRa tremendously, Monica alone isn't enough reason to continue to read the title. And I don't really find the other characters all that compelling. I like them in the way that you like FB friends from your old neighborhood; they can be entertaining at times, but I'm not rooted on them; I can easily move on without them.

The lone expection here is if the writers figure out a way to bring Kevin Brashear out of the Neutral Zone and on board as his father's replacement...with a powerset that is > his father's. In fact, I'm hoping they bring Kevin out of the Neutral Zone before the BM goes anywhere. It would be great to have a father-son tandem in a group setting. At least for a few issues before BM passes on the mantle to his son.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 05-27-2014 at 08:59 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I can say with 99% certainty that if Blue Marvel leaves or perishes, that will be the last issue that I buy of MA. While I like MonRa tremendously, Monica alone isn't enough reason to continue to read the title. And I don't really find the other characters all that compelling. I like them in the way that you like FB friends from your old neighborhood; they can be entertaining at times, but I'm not rooted on them; I can easily move on without them.

The lone expection here is if the writers figure out a way to bring Kevin Brashear out of the Neutral Zone and on board as his father's replacement...with a powerset that is > his father's. In fact, I'm hoping they bring Kevin out of the Neutral Zone before the BM goes anywhere. It would be great to have a father-son tandem in a group setting. At least for a few issues before BM passes on the mantle to his son.

I completely agree with your perspective . Truthfully i'd probably drop it immediately as well but i might consider one more issue if for no other reason than to see if the other characters convinced me stick along for the ride.

Which is silly because most of the characters in MA have had multiple decades to convince me to follow them and they have failed (or their writers have failed to be more precise). Blue Marvel brought me back into the comic book fold. I'll "cash out" if he is ever removed from the team and stick to non "Big 2" comics.

BANNED

I completely agree with your perspective . Truthfully i'd probably drop it immediately as well but i might consider one more issue if for no other reason than to see if the other characters convinced me stick along for the ride.

Which is silly because most of the characters in MA have had multiple decades to convince me to follow them and they have failed (or their writers have failed to be more precise). Blue Marvel brought me back into the comic book fold. I'll "cash out" if he is ever removed from the team and stick to non "Big 2" comics.
    Count me in, too. Its Blue Marvel or bust. I've never been so intrigued by a character until Adam: Legend of the Blue Marvel came out. Couldn't wait for the next issue!

After reading the Blue Marvel focused issue, I can say that my main concern about the character is almost adressed.
    I was wondering why he wasn't in the front line during the big crisis like Inferno or Onslaught. Now it's possible to guess that maybe he had a breakdown after the loss of his son, or maybe he locked himself in a lab, trying to find a way to save him.

Al Ewing is like Christos Gage: he makes most of the charactersmore likeable than they were before he wrote them.

Incredible Member

Is it just me or have we not seen many "feats" from Adam in the Mighty Avengers title thus far? His character development is coming along nicely but i don't recall seeing Blue Marvel the Hero in action .

BANNED

Sooo wat r ur thoughts of MA #10 & specul8ns on BM's future frm MA#10?

BM now has full access 2 DAT!

Dat emotional weight of Ewing's superb xcterisatn of BM shd b applaused.

We/SZ felt tears, truely heartfelt.....hopefully der will b regular adventurs & interactns btwn BM & Ulana in d ongoing future.

And he's also a godfathr 2 a cosmic being!

Brilliance, brilliance indeed!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post

Sooo wat r ur thoughts of MA #10 & specul8ns on BM's future frm MA#10?

BM now has full access 2 DAT!

The emotional weight of Ewing's superb characterization of BM should be applauded.

We/SZ felt tears, truely heartfelt.....hopefully der will b regular adventurs & interactns btwn BM & Ulana in d ongoing future.

And he's also a godfathr 2 a cosmic being!

Brilliance, brilliance indeed!
    Agreed. As much as i want to see more of the Blue Marvel in action ala his mini series i happily accept the writers current pace with which to bring Adam along to new readers. Had he just given fan service the hate / backlash would probably have been off of the charts.

Is it just me or have we not seen many "feats" from Adam in the Mighty Avengers title thus far? His character development is coming along nicely but i don't recall seeing Blue Marvel the Hero in action .
    Honestly I think they're minimizing his usage because of his power level. He was able to cut lose against Shuma, but you can't have a Shuma level character running around all the time. I think they're using him the way they sometimes use Thor... as a big gun when a big gun is really needed.

****Minor Spoiler****

If you haven't read Mighty Avengers #10, then go no further. For those who have read #10, march on... in 3, 2,...

Sometimes it's the little things that make characters great.

Adam Brashear is now the Godfather to Uatu's infant child -- wow! Just imagine the cosmic implications of that, a human being imprinting on the next generation of Watchers. And they thought Uatu was the rebellious one? Just wait until his son or daughter comes of age.

I now believe that Uatu knew that he was going to die. How could he not, being able to perceive the myriad alternate realities? And his last rebellious act? Befriending Adam. Only time will tell if that was a wise decision or not. I like it so far.