Page 51 of 95 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
    What are the odds of after the Avengers films come to an end that Marvel Studios looks to market another brand in the form of the Ultimates?

Black Panther is currently being established. Captain Marvel begins in Infinity War. That leaves America, Blue Marvel & Monica. That's a make up of a group that would draw some major attention with the general audience. Special effects would be crazy!

I'd love for them to do a period piece of Adam's origin in the 60's, too. That's my dream anyway.
    I don't think it's likely ( that they'd do an Ultimates film). At least not soon. I think it's more likely that they'll continue the Avengers film with newer characters then reboot the franchise with new actors playing the classic characters.

I do think it's possible that Adam might get a cameo in any of the films they might be planning though.

I too would enjoy a solo period piece featuring Adam.
    Last edited by ed2962; 12-02-2017 at 05:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I don't think it's likely ( that they'd do an Ultimates film). At least not soon. I think it's more likely that they'll continue the Avengers film with newer characters then reboot the franchise with new actors playing the classic characters.

I do think it's possible that Adam might get a cameo in any of the films they might be planning though.

I too would enjoy a solo period piece featuring Adam.
    I don't know about that. Marvel Studios doesn't have a need to reboot. They have an enormous roster that isn't dependant on "classic" characters the way comics are.

Some of the most obscure characters can become absolute blockbusters simply through Marvel's marketing machine.

I don't know about that. Marvel Studios doesn't have a need to reboot. They have an enormous roster that isn't dependant on "classic" characters the way comics are.

Some of the most obscure characters can become absolute blockbusters simply through Marvel's marketing machine.
    Exactly. The rules are not the same as in comics. For 99% of viewers, it doesn't matter that a character already had their own ongoing in the 70s.
    Now if Marvel manages to get the other properties back, don't expect any Thunderbolts or Ultimates movies before they have done a Fantastic Four trilogy, an orignial X-Men trilogy, a All New All Different X-Men trilogy, a Wolverine trilogy, a Old Man Logan trilogy, a All New Wolverine trilogy, a Deadpool trilogy and a Wolverine & Deadpool trilogy.

What are the odds of after the Avengers films come to an end that Marvel Studios looks to market another brand in the form of the Ultimates?

Black Panther is currently being established. Captain Marvel begins in Infinity War. That leaves America, Blue Marvel & Monica. That's a make up of a group that would draw some major attention with the general audience. Special effects would be crazy!

I'd love for them to do a period piece of Adam's origin in the 60's, too. That's my dream anyway.
    I can see that happening Ultimates or & Blue Marvel.. Marvel supposedly will be doing at least 20 more flims ..

Invincible Member

I don't mean so much a hard reboot where they start the origins on the Movie-verse from scratch. More a case of getting younger actors to replace Downey Jr, Evans etc as they age out of the roles. They don't necessarily have to start all over.

They'll use legacy heroes. So either Bucky or Falcon will be the new Cap, Nova will lead a new GOTG team, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I don't mean so much a hard reboot where they start the origins on the Movie-verse from scratch. More a case of getting younger actors to replace Downey Jr, Evans etc as they age out of the roles. They don't necessarily have to start all over.
    I hear you, but I don't see why they'd need to do that. This film universe is still in it's infancy. There's no need for a younger Tony when we have so many other brilliant tech guys in the MU.

Same strategy as soap operas.

Fresh characters keep the film universe fresh...unlike comic books.
    Last edited by Iconic; 12-02-2017 at 05:01 PM.

I heard that the Ultimates series is over. So where do you guys think Marvel goes with this character? To me Ewing wasted his potential.

You won't catch me saying anything bad about Ewing.

Ewing is the reason why so many more have become fans of Adam. From Mighty Avengers to Ultimates˛. He fleshed out his backstory. Showed his family. Gave us a glimpse of the adventuring he was doing after he was told to step down. The insight on his relationship with Anti-Man. Additional feats.

His spat with Luke Cage was one of my favorite moments.

Some may not like the lack of physical feats in Ultimates˛ for him, but I applaud his efforts with Blue Marvel. He made people change their minds about the character.

His creator Kevin doesn't think so. I'll try and find what he said.

Blue Marvel in his miniseries>>>>>>>>Al Ewing version.

Quote Originally Posted by KidStranglehold View Post

He doesn't think so about what?

Let me add that I'm not saying Ewing is the only reason. His work with Blue Marvel drew attention back to his debut miniseries by Grevioux that it didn't originally receive. If not for his consistent use under Ewing, Adam may still have gone overlooked.
    Last edited by Iconic; 12-18-2017 at 01:38 PM.

Extraordinary Member

It would be great if Kevin can do a follow-up with Adam.

@Black Lighting

Anyone could have done what Ewing did but better.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    It would be great if Kevin can do a follow-up with Adam.
    Think he is busy with other projects.

@Black Lighting

Anyone could have done what Ewing did but better.

Think he is busy with other projects.
    Anyone could've...but they didn't. A lot of time went by where no one used him. That's how the thread "Blue Marvel will always be a great character" was birthed.

Ewing devoted a good deal of issues focusing on Adam and his world in a team book. He even used Adam's main antagonist. We can't say another writer would've done that.

And I'm not comparing Ewing to Grevioux. Grevioux will always be the man for simply creating this awesome character. I credit Ewing for picking up the ball an running with it. From Mighty Avengers to Captain America and the Mighty Avengers to Ultimates to Ultimates˛.

All that being said, Adam: Legend of the Blue Marvel is still my favorite series.
    Last edited by Iconic; 12-18-2017 at 02:31 PM.

Blue Marvel and Spectrum will likely team with Johnny Storm and Ben Grimm; sooner or later.