Page 53 of 95 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Hey everybody I wanted to know what you guys thoughts on blue Marvel being incorporated into the Black Panther Mythos. Do you think that there is room enough for him to be a supporting character in the very least until somebody gets an idea to expand blue Marvel on his own?
    Nah I’m against Blue Marvel really needs to stand on his own I think book would be better or a new role in the MU. Like it would be cool if Nextwave came back with him as a member or if he were to be director of S.W.O.R.D for a bit as examples

Quote Originally Posted by C_haos View Post
    Nah I’m against Blue Marvel really needs to stand on his own I think book would be better or a new role in the MU. Like it would be cool if Nextwave came back with him as a member or if he were to be director of S.W.O.R.D for a bit as examples
    The end game will always be for him to have his own book. Unfortunately has I'm looking through future solicitations i barely see him at all. With new teams that are being formed ...no mention.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    The end game will always be for him to have his own book. Unfortunately has I'm looking through future solicitations i barely see him at all. With new teams that are being formed ...no mention.
    If the freaking new Hyperion of ALL people was able to get his own solo series(which was shortlived) then why not Blue Marvel? He should be known around the block by comic readers especially from the Ultimates series. The book would just need good promotions. And if Marvel wants to push diversity more then why not push a POWERFUL and INTELLIGENT man of color that can potentially rival Hulk or Thor? They can be like he's the powerhouse next to Thor and Hulk, but this time he is black.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Here's a new video someone posted yesterday on YouTube about Blue Marvel's powers and weaknesses:
    I did not realized that was posted here in this forum too.
    I posted this in the doctor strange latest issue thread.

There are two more blue marvel videos by DopeSpill Comics as well.
    There is even a sentry one.
    I Posted all three in that thread.
    Blue Marvel: Adam Brashear All Powers And Weaknesses Explained

Blue Marvel vs Ultimate Hulk
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forum...-hulk-1893308/

I remember reading ultimates end when 616 hulk vs ultimate hulk and while 616 hulk is stronger or is more powerful then ultimate hulk,ultimate hulk was still holding is own.
    Blue marvel was able to finish off ultimate hulk with one punch.
    So it's clear to me that blue marvel is more powerful then 616 hulk.

Note-i think Blue marvel is more powerful then thor.
    Last edited by mace11; 12-20-2017 at 11:56 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    'To black heroes who are constantly placed as low tier to mid tier heroes, high tier feats for 100 ton heroes is especially important. It's like people fail to realize the author's original intent of what Blue Marvel was supposed to be about. He specifically stated that the Blue Marvel was meant to be the top tier black hero that Marvel has been missing for so long. The fact that blue marvel has such a passionate following is BECAUSE of the fact that to this day, he is still the only 100 ton black hero in MU.
    There are other 100 ton black superheroes and other black characters in marvel.
    Some are still around,some are not.
    Gentle is 100 tons and so is rage,war-machine and ironheart.
    Riri Williams (Earth-616)
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Riri_Wi...28Earth-616%29

There are more.

There are some black superheroes and other black characters in marvel that have incalculable strength as well,but blue marvel has gotten the most appearances so far.

Category:Superhuman Strength | Marvel Database
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Strength

Note-some superheroes and characters that have 100 tons to incalculable strength that were shown in marvel comics in the past are not the list above.
    For example black panther has armor like ironman (100 tons strength) and even is own version of a hulkbuster armor that has incalculable strength but it's not in the list above.
    Last edited by mace11; 12-20-2017 at 04:33 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I think blue marvel has more feats in ultimates 2 then ultimates 1,but in ultimates 1 he has more more character development/more focus then ultimates 2.

I wrote this in the ultimate 2 thread awhile ago.

Ultimates 2 has had more action i believe then the first season.
    Really good stories,really good characterizations,well developed characters and really good action and art.Every one contributes.
    http://community.comicbookresources....ates%B2/page40

I wrote what i think the Ultimates and Ultimates 2 comics with blue marvel was about as well.
    You could check out my views here.
    http://community.comicbookresources....cussions/page3
    AND
    http://community.comicbookresources....cussions/page4

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    Ehh, who's to say? Even though Ewing's done a great job with the family, let's not forget that he never intended to use Adam to begin with. It was suggested to him by the powers that be. It could be so again. Adam definitely has a better shot at being somewhat regular than Starbrand, Nightmask, Weirdworld, and Squadron Supreme. Honestly, I think he has a better chance at being semi-regular than the Eternals and Power-Man. Part of it is because, while he hasn't skyrocketed into popularity, I think this has been a decent push for him. Part of it is because he can fill so many niches. Diversity being what it is, you might want to go with Adam over a powerhouse like Thor, a genius like Tony, or even an experienced occult scholar like Strange.
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think it's cool Ewing did as much with Blue Marvel as he did. He arguably got more development than any other character on the book. We got his kids and his arch enemy thrown in there. Not that Ewing couldn't in theory have done more, but considering this is a team book he probably did more with Adam than any other character.

We'll see if any other writer is willing to pick up the ball the way Ewing did. Fingers crossed.
    I agree.

I have to post this here.

MARVEL: Future Fight - The Ultimates Cinematics & GamePlay!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeL3yDdJYxM

MARVEL FUTURE FIGHT INTRODUCES TEAM ULTIMATES FROM MARVEL COMICS
    http://www.capsulecomputers.com.au/2...marvel-comics/
    Last edited by mace11; 12-20-2017 at 01:32 AM.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by KidStranglehold View Post
    If the freaking new Hyperion of ALL people was able to get his own solo series(which was shortlived) then why not Blue Marvel? He should be known around the block by comic readers especially from the Ultimates series. The book would just need good promotions. And if Marvel wants to push diversity more then why not push a POWERFUL and INTELLIGENT man of color that can potentially rival Hulk or Thor? They can be like he's the powerhouse next to Thor and Hulk, but this time he is black.
    I think part of the problem as been that Adam was clearly meant to be swipe of silver age Superman, so without the social context that Kevin G put him in, he's yet another version of a type of character Marvel doesn't really know how to sell ( or may even be reluctant to). They seem to have a hard time figuring out what direction to put him in.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    I did not realized that was posted here in this forum too.
    I posted this in the doctor strange latest issue thread.

There are two more blue marvel videos by DopeSpill Comics as well.
    There is even a sentry one.
    I Posted all three in that thread.

Blue Marvel: Does Science Prove That He Is Stronger Than The Hulk?

Blue Marvel vs Ultimate Hulk
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forum...-hulk-1893308/

I remember reading ultimates end when 616 hulk vs ultimate hulk and while 616 hulk is stronger or is more powerful then ultimate hulk,ultimate hulk was still holding is own.
    Blue marvel was able to finish off ultimate hulk with one punch.
    So it's clear to me that blue marvel is more powerful then 616 hulk.

With Hulk it always depends, because his signature ability is to get stronger as he gets madder. So it's possible Adam is stronger than Hulks baseline strength, but in theory Hulk can become stronger than Adam or pretty much anyone else.

Extraordinary Member

but in theory Hulk can become stronger than Adam or pretty much anyone else.
    If it's hulk own source of power then i would say no.
    If not is own power source,then yes.
    That could be anyone really if the writers want make it so.
    These characters are fictional after all.
    Writers could always change the rules.
    If they want to they could make supergirl in the comics stronger then superman.
    They have already made cw supergirl stronger then cw superman in the cw dc show.

Normal thor without any other power source starts out stronger then hulk but even normal hulk could become stronger then him.
    Hyperion,sentry,blue marvel etc..would stay stronger then normal hulk because they start out stronger and they could become stronger themselves because of thier own power source like hulk.

Keep in mind too characters like thor,hyperion,sentry,blue marvel,the the beyonder,galactus for example do have limitless strength themselves.
    Blue marvel-antimatter.
    Sentry,hyperion,superman - sunlight or direct sunlight.
    Gladiator-confidence.
    From what i seen so far currently in comics i would say sentry and hyperion are stronger then normal hulk.
    Hyperion equals in strength world war hulk.
    Normal or regular Sentry equals in strength worldbreaker hulk.
    Blue marvel equals or is stronger then worldbreaker.

I did not read the book planet hulk,but awhile ago i did read his bio info and From what i read worldbreaker hulk and worldwar hulk's strength was cause by an explosion on planet planet skaar and that boosted hulk's strength for example,so that was not hulk's own power source that made him wwh and wbh.

Anyway there are others in marvel and dc that limitless strength.
    Anyway character that is 100+ or that has incalculable strength really has limitless strength.
    Some happen to be just stronger then others or could get stronger faster then others.
    Last edited by mace11; 12-20-2017 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I think part of the problem as been that Adam was clearly meant to be swipe of silver age Superman, so without the social context that Kevin G put him in, he's yet another version of a type of character Marvel doesn't really know how to sell ( or may even be reluctant to). They seem to have a hard time figuring out what direction to put him in.
    I thought Kevin did not want BM to be that powerful like Silver Age Superman who had RIDICULOUS powers. But moving on from that Marvel always has a hard time selling characters that are on Thor and Hulk's level because they always rely on those two. I would personally put Blue Marvel on a cosmic team like Guardians of the Galaxy because Marvel writers are not good at writing powerful EARTH based heros. Plus BM being a cosmic hero would add to his character plus he was already on the Ultimates that dealt with cosmic level threats. After that(when the readers have become familiar with him), I would see how a solo would work out.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post

Yet his creator Kevin said that Thor is more powerful.

I thought Kevin did not want BM to be that powerful like Silver Age Superman who had RIDICULOUS powers. But moving on from that Marvel always has a hard time selling characters that are on Thor and Hulk's level because they always rely on those two. I would personally put Blue Marvel on a cosmic team like Guardians of the Galaxy because Marvel writers are not good at writing powerful EARTH based heros. Plus BM being a cosmic hero would add to his character plus he was already on the Ultimates that dealt with cosmic level threats. After that(when the readers have become familiar with him), I would see how a solo would work out.
    In the first BM mini Watcher said Adam would split the moon. Power wise that's pretty ridiculous.

I'm not a fan of those sort of Uber power feats, but to play devils advocate every high end power house needs a few to keep themselves in the conversation.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Please let's not turn this into another "Who is more powerful?" contest. Those are a chore to read through, and quite simply pointless, since how powerful a character is really hinges on her/his current writer.

Extraordinary Member

Edited above.

Yet his creator Kevin said that Thor is more powerful.
    He also said thor was stronger then hulk, blue marvel and superman.

For blue marvel's official handbook powergrid he also wanted not to make blue marvel a supergenius like reed,but only Genius.
    He said it himself in the old blue marvel thread in this forum before the thread was started over again.
    He wanted to give blue marvel a 5 in intelligence,not a 6.
    He wanted blue marvel travel speed to be light speed or faster,so he would have given him a 6 in travel speed and not a 5.
    Anyway marvel disagreed with him on that.
    It was marvel that wanted blue marvel to be a supergenius,not kevin.
    Marvel had the last word on that like they did with his travel speed.

At that time he was right about thor.
    Thor was more powerful then blue marvel,but here is the catch.
    He was really talking about odin force or king rune thor.

Thor was king thor or king rune thor at that time,so that was thor at the time,so folks thought like him thor would stay that way.
    Stan lee said thor was the most powerful superhero at that time too.
    That's where the confusion IS coming from on that.

Stan lee said thor is stronger then hulk,but we all know how that turn out over the years.
    Now king rune thor is stronger then savage hulk,wwh and wbh.
    Stan lee also said thor was more powerful then silver surfer but again if you look at thor at that time that defeated a hunger galactus that was king rune thor,not normal thor.

King rune thor>odin force thor>blue marvel>thor.
    Blue marvel is not as powerful as certain versions of thor like odin force and king rune thor,but he is more powerful then thor with hammer and with out hammer and that includes female thor as well.

I think the most powerful superhero currently right now in marvel is female quaser.
    She was the only one able to take down the shield around earth in secret empire.

I saw this battle by the way by ScrewAttack
    Thor VS Wonder Woman (Marvel VS DC Comics)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp-bjnn_aOE

These guys think that wonder woman is more powerful then thor.
    Now it depends on the wonder woman they are talking about.

If it's pre-crisis wonder woman in 80's(not now),then wonder woman would stomp odin force thor and regular or normal thor.
    Post crisis and new52 and rebirth wonder woman would lose to to those versions of thor.

King rune thor would beat any versions of wonder woman.
    So again certain versions tend to be thrown in the mix but for me i when mean wonder woman it's the canon one,or the new52/dc you and rebirth versions,not past ones.

WonderWoman vs Thor - Battles - Comic Vine
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forum...s-thor-526965/
    Last edited by mace11; 12-20-2017 at 04:04 PM.

In the first BM mini Watcher said Adam would split the moon. Power wise that's pretty ridiculous.

I'm not a fan of those sort of Uber power feats, but to play devils advocate every high end power house needs a few to keep themselves in the conversation.
    Splitting a moon in half is like riding training wheels compared to what SA Superman has done which is why they had to retcon him.