Page 6 of 95 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    Thnx 2 Tracks 4 shring dis in d Myty Avngrs apprectn thrd.

PRVW: MA #12

SWEEEET!!!!!

Gd lukin' out buddy & thnx 4 shring.

QUESTN:

So far Ewing has remaind coy regrding wethr or nt BM's kids hv any pwrs....so:

1) Which of BM's children wud u wnt 2 hv pwrs or wud u prefer dey all had pwrs?

2) Wat pwrs wud u lyk each of BM's children 2 hv 4 those u wnt 2 c with pwrs?
    I'm not sure about what powers I'd like his kids to have, but I still want Blue Marvel's wife to be resurrected somehow and be shown to have dark matter/dark energy powers. And if their kids DID have powers, the entire family could be like the Fantastic Four (Fabulous Five) or like the Incredibles.

BANNED

Yes they should have powers but that is more because I notice black hero kids dont tend to have powers or end up a whole lot weaker then their parents.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Yes they should have powers but that is more because I notice black hero kids dont tend to have powers or end up a whole lot weaker then their parents.
    MoneySpider:
    I'm not sure about what powers I'd like his kids to have,
    We/SZ also agree dat BM's kids shd also hv pwrs though our/SZ suggestn 2 4 dem 2 hv pwrs almost as unik as BM's(BM is a only antimatta pwrd hero in d MU) OR perhps dey cud hv not-so-nu pwrs but hv dem use those pwrs in ingeniously cre8v ways.

but I still want Blue Marvel's wife to be resurrected somehow and be shown to have dark matter/dark energy powers.
    Hmmm...we/SZ r much mo interestd in Candace's bk story dan her resurrectn & honestly we/SZ blv doing dat wud tk away sum of d basis of BM regrding his pains & regrts ... & of course d whole resurrectn has bn overdone so it wud b very unoriginal & nt compelling.

Candace has as much mystery regrding her past as BM. Remembr she was a NSA/CIA spy agnt...der is alot of story potential der dat cud connect her 2 Agents of Atlas, Jimmy Woo, Nick Fury, SHIELD, Howling Commandos & 1st Line even going mo exotic 2 possible past connexion 2 d Xmen(perhps she was sent 2 spy of dem or perhps she was a birth child of mutant parents & thus her/Candace's x-gene was inactive bcuz she was a carrier which wud mean d x-gene cud probably b active in her & BM's kids), etc.

Der is also dat small fact dat she said she stayd away frm her family 4 a prolongd period of tym whn she was married 2 BM in d BM origin mini. Anothr gr8 potential here 2 explore her past... we/SZ hv suggestd dat she's a descendent/child of a couple btwn a 'fallen' Celestial or an Eternal (which can open doors of grand cosmic plots/stories) & an Inhuman.

OR

...a mutant/Xmen(perhps her fathr was Armaggeddon man or Gabriel Shepard may b her paps) & an Inhuman(can mk 1 up here...probably related 2 Blk Bolt) where she desired a 'normal' lyf 4 so long dat she found a way 2 mk her pwrs inactive & wipe her memory of dem (probably bcuz she did sumthing she regrets gr8ly) which in a way is wat md her fall in luv with BM bcuz of a certain lvl of subconscious relatability.

Thoughts?

Aaaand der's also d pending stories/reveals regrding BM wat inspired him 2 b a supahero(hopefully Uatu was involved without BM's knowing at d tym), hw he came-up with d costume, colors, d base, if he had any past with 1st Line, Jimmy Woo & Agents of Atlas, Godzilla Squad, Nick Fury(esp gvn d recent reveals of Fury's cosmic adventures), High Evolutionary/Wyndham, Centurius/Noah Blk & d a story focusing on BM & d whole Cold War scenario.

And if their kids DID have powers, the entire family could be like the Fantastic Four (Fabulous Five) or like the Incredibles.
    Dat wud b superb, Ulana cud bcum a step-mom(ha!) or Rambeau (isnt she in her mid-l8 30's by now)& Uatu jr joins d BM family of kids alongside his own (d gd 1's left...Adrienne & may b Neutronium Man/BM jr). Dat wud b a truely supa-pwrful family

BANNED

whoops...dbl post.

Sry!!!!!!
    Last edited by SilverZeal; 07-04-2014 at 04:04 AM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

QUESTN:

So far Ewing has remaind coy regrding wethr or nt BM's kids hv any pwrs....so:

1) Which of BM's children wud u wnt 2 hv pwrs or wud u prefer dey all had pwrs?

2) Wat pwrs wud u lyk each of BM's children 2 hv 4 those u wnt 2 c with pwrs?

1. I want all of the Brashear children to have powers. It doesn't look like Max has any powers, and Kevin didn't appear to be particularly superhumanly-enabled in the flashbacks, so those hopes may be dashed already. (I'm not counting longevity as a super power. For all we know, Adam is subconsciously using his powers to retard their aging.)

2. I did a write up for Kevin as "Power Man" in one of the Avengers jams a month or two ago. If it was up to me, Kevin would be more powerful than his father. He'd be the guy you called if Korvac showed up on your doorstep looking to throw a pall on your cosmic horizon. Kevin would have more than enough power to make Korvie think twice. http://community.comicbookresources....l=1#post144033

As for Max, I'd make him some kind of 3D printer with technological Cosmic Awareness: if a device has been created anywhere in the known universe by a sentient being, Max would be able to divine the schematics and recreate the device himself...the obvious limitation being, of course, that there would likely be materials, elements, etc., that Max could not replicate on his own.

Last, but certainly not the least, Adrienne Brashear would be the only one of the Brashear children that had her powers since childhood. In youth her powers mirrored her fathers - flight, strength, energy manipulation -- but as she matured she realized that her abilities weren't fueled by matter-antimatter reactions at all. Adrienne would ultimately discover that her powers didn't come solely from her father's genes, but rather from her mother's side of the family. Who, or what was Marlene Frazier truly, and why does her mitochondrial DNA trace back to a species of god-like beings thought to be extinct?

Incredible Member

Personally...i'm far more interested in seeing Adam showcased in action more before exploring his children's lives generally. I love the character but we haven't seen him in action much.....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    1. I want all of the Brashear children to have powers. It doesn't look like Max has any powers, and Kevin didn't appear to be particularly superhumanly-enabled in the flashbacks, so those hopes may be dashed already. (I'm not counting longevity as a super power. For all we know, Adam is subconsciously using his powers to retard their aging.)
    Gvn dat BM's kids r md frm BM's genes AFTER he/BM got his pwrs & d age-retarding side-effect....his children most likely inheritd d age-retardant factor which would b logical.

We/SZ wud b seriously pissd if BM's kids had no supapwrs & despite wat Ewing has shwn so far, BM's kids may still hv pwrs afterall all their appearances in MA were b4 d spread of d terrigen mists across earth.:smile:.....BM's kids may b partly inhuman frm Candace's lineage(suggestn!).

Or gvn wat happnd 2 BM in d 60's(being made an outcast by his country/ d very people he protects), BM probably didnt want his kids going thru d same experience especially with wats going on with d Xmen....so prhps BM found a way 2 restrain his kids pwrs (not rid dem or remove dem or destroy d pwr carrying dna) @ birth & his kids dnt knw it which may or may nt seriously piss-off sum or all his kids.

Has any1 spkn 2 KG/Grevioux on FB regrding d kids of BM, whr dey r, wat dey hv bn up2, whethr or nt dey hv pwrs & if so wat pwrs wud each of dem hv?

As of ryt now we/BM fans can all collectvly specul8 dat Kevin is now a neutronium pwrd supa-being if he/Kevin evr retrnd 2 earth/escapd d Neutral Zone... perhps Kevin was nvr embewd with pwrs frm his dad/BM 2 begin with until he 'fell' in2 d Neutral zone. So wat pwrs wud Max & Adrienne hv?

2. I did a write up for Kevin as "Power Man" in one of the Avengers jams a month or two ago. If it was up to me, Kevin would be more powerful than his father. He'd be the guy you called if Korvac showed up on your doorstep looking to throw a pall on your cosmic horizon. Kevin would have more than enough power to make Korvie think twice. http://community.comicbookresources....l=1#post144033
    Kevin cud quite possibly b mo pwrful dan BM if he evr retrnd 2 616 gvn d very nature of neutronium although d specifix r still a lil vague & probably live & oper8 on a meta-fyzical cosmic lvl in d univrse....hopefully Kevin isnt holding ant ill-will against his paps/BM after wat happnd.

As for Max, I'd make him some kind of 3D printer with technological Cosmic Awareness: if a device has been created anywhere in the known universe by a sentient being, Max would be able to divine the schematics and recreate the device himself...the obvious limitation being, of course, that there would likely be materials, elements, etc., that Max could not replicate on his own.
    Wudnt dat b a lil 2 pwrful....Max wud only b a dolla short of being Mr.Impossible.
    Last, but certainly not the least, Adrienne Brashear would be the only one of the Brashear children that had her powers since childhood. In youth her powers mirrored her fathers - flight, strength, energy manipulation -- but as she matured she realized that her abilities weren't fueled by matter-antimatter reactions at all. Adrienne would ultimately discover that her powers didn't come solely from her father's genes, but rather from her mother's side of the family. Who, or what was Marlene Frazier truly, and why does her mitochondrial DNA trace back to a species of god-like beings thought to be extinct?
    We/SZ lyk dis idea esp d connexion via d mothr which wud enable d writer 2 explore Candace's past & lineage descendg frm pwrful beings (though we/SZ wud prefer a cosmicly pwrful being lyk a Celestial or even Eternals or prhps Candace descnded frm a discarded hybrid btwn a Celestial & an Eternal 2 gener8 sum meta-universal cosmic significance...nt simply an earth god) but it kinda alien8s d rest of d family in a girls vs/away frm boys kinda way (pwrs of d sons frm d fathr, pwrs of d dauta frm d mothr).

Hmmm....unless u r going 4 a science(anti-matta) - sorcery(gods) type pwrs dat can affect & oper8 within d 'wrlds of both quantum mekanix & mysticism which wud a AWESOME. Hwevr wud it b very complic8d 2 explain hw such pwrs wud work & even harder 2 establish weaknesses or limitatns?

By d way d pwrs of enrgy manipul8n depnds on d type of enrgy, its properties & applicatns....supa-strength & flyt eithr side-effex or applicatns of manipul8g d energy in questn.

Now, which enrgy can wud Adrienne control dat has gr8 crea8v potential?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    Personally...i'm far more interested in seeing Adam showcased in action more before exploring his children's lives generally. I love the character but we haven't seen him in action much.....
    Both dat b explored & shwn simultaneously. Remembr....plots & sub-plots help portay multi-dimensnality of a story. BM's children's lives(past &/or prsnt) could b 1 of d few ongoing sub-plots as BM is doing sum serious smakdwn.
    Last edited by SilverZeal; 07-06-2014 at 06:01 AM.

Wudnt dat b a lil 2 pwrful....Max wud only b a dolla short of being Mr.Impossible.
    Well, potentially, yes. But come on, this is Marvel. If they can let a Willie Evans, Jr. die on the vine, it's highly doubtful that any writer at Marvel would be allowed to develop a Max with that power set to his full potential. They wouldn't perceive him as an interesting character, unless he was also a crazed lunatic hell-bent on destroying the universe. Or a sidekick. Or the first character to be killed off in an event.

As I envision him, yes, Max would be the guy that creates tech in his sleep that could potentially make him very powerful. He'd be limited by dirth of resources and his humanity. You'd walk into his office and he'd have a replica of a Cosmic Cube as a paperweight, another replica of Quantum Bands as book ends, a replica of the Ultimate Nullifer being used as a doorstop, or as a homage, a replica of a Green Lantern power battery being used as little more than a lava lamp. In fact, if magic is truly just science that we don't understand, Max would probably also have a replica of a Destroyer statue in his office, albeit made of some material other than uru metal, since it's doubtful that Max could get his hands on that much uru. Well, not unless that Cosmic Cube replica actually contained a Beyonder's essence. (Sinister laugh.)

Hmmm....unless u r going 4 a science(anti-matta) - sorcery(gods) type pwrs dat can affect & oper8 within d 'wrlds of both quantum mekanix & mysticism which wud a AWESOME. Hwevr wud it b very complic8d 2 explain hw such pwrs wud work & even harder 2 establish weaknesses or limitatns?

By d way d pwrs of enrgy manipul8n depnds on d type of enrgy, its properties & applicatns....supa-strength & flyt eithr side-effex or applicatns of manipul8g d energy in questn.

Now, which enrgy can wud Adrienne control dat has gr8 crea8v potential?
    Without getting too deep, I thought it would be interesting if Adrienne embodied the "hope of her people" concept, only her people wouldn't just be the narrow sense of humanity as we know it, but the higher ideals of a lost paradigm.

When you wake up to the morning news to find the same group of people killing each other for the same reasons for hundreds of years, you have to wonder why we have not evolved beyond that as a species. I suspect that ability was lost in our DNA somewhere along the way. True, we are all linked to a single Mitochondrial Eve, but whose to say that there weren't other Mitochondrial Eves, contemporaries of our great ancestor, who had that specific ability coded in her DNA that allowed her people to grow beyond the selfish and destructive bull**** that pervades our lineage? Maybe not gods in the classic sense, but as many sci-fi authors predict, humans become as gods given proper evolution. Marlene Frazier would be the descendant of that hidden, yet embedded species of humans. Her DNA would pass on to all of the Brashear children to some extent, but would become pronounced in Adrienne.

As for powers, as I mentioned earlier Adrienne would have powers similar to her father's, albeit to a lesser degree. ("Lesser" being a relative term. Maybe Adrienne can't move meteors the size of Arkansas, but dropping a small cruise ship on your head is well within her range.) The difference would be that as where Neutronium stops Adam cold, Adrienne would laugh it off and keep coming at you, because the source of her powers aren't antimatter based. And Adrienne would have an additional x-factor attributable to her matrilineal DNA: as where Superman has an invisible force field that deflects incoming harm in addition to his already impervious skin, Adrienne would have an invisible force field that absorbs over-threshold energies, amplifies it, and she either keeps it for personal use or she returns it, albeit in significantly redoubled and polarity tainted form to the sender. (Think of Vanguard if he was turned into a herald of Galactus or had his powers bolstered by the Uni-Power/Enigma Force.) All of her mother's people would have this survival mechanism to some extent (which opens the door for Candace's return, btw), but in Adrienne this power is absolute. Zeus trying to kill Adrienne with a bolt of lightning out of the blue, or the Hulk getting infinitely enraged and trying to punch Adrienne would not be a good idea. It wouldn't go well for either gentleman.

And yes, I know that the proposed makes Adrienne and Max really, really powerful. But I don't care, because I know that even if it did happen, there will always be someone else coming along with their "Thor should be more powerful," or "Sentry should be more powerful," diatribes ... and Marvel will continue to cater to them over the Brashears of this fictional universe.

Incredible Member

Marvel will continue to cater to them over the Brashears of this fictional universe.
    Which makes me wonder why i'm supporting them....

Which makes me wonder why i'm supporting them....
    In all fairness I do think it's fair for Marvel to theoretically favor a character like Thor (with a solo book spanning decades and 2 sucessful movies under his belt) over Brashears kids, who have appeared like a total of 12 panels.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    In all fairness I do think it's fair for Marvel to theoretically favor a character like Thor (with a solo book spanning decades and 2 sucessful movies under his belt) over Brashears kids, who have appeared like a total of 12 panels.
    Agreed although i was thinking of the Patriarch of the Brashear clan rather than the children.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Good point. But we can never forget that Thor is where he is because Marvel committed to the character wholeheartedly from Journey into Mystery to the present. Thor's sales weren't always stellar (true of every comic book title that I can think of, whether it's Marvel, DC, Fawcett, or whatever), but the powers that be never once thought of letting Thor lapse into obscurity. You could always find Thor somewhere. I'll be dead by then, but if they did the same thing for Brashear over the next 40+ years (unlikely, I know) who knows what kind of following Adam and his family might have.

As it stands, Adam Brashear's entire origin is an "Original Sin" but the man can't get any face time in the main event at all. Sad.

Incredible Member

Has our Blue Bomber been spotted anywhere else (i.e. outside of the Mighty Avengers lately)?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Well, potentially, yes. But come on, this is Marvel. If they can let a Willie Evans, Jr. die on the vine, it's highly doubtful that any writer at Marvel would be allowed to develop a Max with that power set to his full potential. They wouldn't perceive him as an interesting character, unless he was also a crazed lunatic hell-bent on destroying the universe. Or a sidekick. Or the first character to be killed off in an event.

As I envision him, yes, Max would be the guy that creates tech in his sleep that could potentially make him very powerful. He'd be limited by dirth of resources and his humanity. You'd walk into his office and he'd have a replica of a Cosmic Cube as a paperweight, another replica of Quantum Bands as book ends, a replica of the Ultimate Nullifer being used as a doorstop, or as a homage, a replica of a Green Lantern power battery being used as little more than a lava lamp. In fact, if magic is truly just science that we don't understand, Max would probably also have a replica of a Destroyer statue in his office, albeit made of some material other than uru metal, since it's doubtful that Max could get his hands on that much uru. Well, not unless that Cosmic Cube replica actually contained a Beyonder's essence. (Sinister laugh.)

Without getting too deep, I thought it would be interesting if Adrienne embodied the "hope of her people" concept, only her people wouldn't just be the narrow sense of humanity as we know it, but the higher ideals of a lost paradigm.

When you wake up to the morning news to find the same group of people killing each other for the same reasons for hundreds of years, you have to wonder why we have not evolved beyond that as a species. I suspect that ability was lost in our DNA somewhere along the way. True, we are all linked to a single Mitochondrial Eve, but whose to say that there weren't other Mitochondrial Eves, contemporaries of our great ancestor, who had that specific ability coded in her DNA that allowed her people to grow beyond the selfish and destructive bull**** that pervades our lineage? Maybe not gods in the classic sense, but as many sci-fi authors predict, humans become as gods given proper evolution. Marlene Frazier would be the descendant of that hidden, yet embedded species of humans. Her DNA would pass on to all of the Brashear children to some extent, but would become pronounced in Adrienne.

As for powers, as I mentioned earlier Adrienne would have powers similar to her father's, albeit to a lesser degree. ("Lesser" being a relative term. Maybe Adrienne can't move meteors the size of Arkansas, but dropping a small cruise ship on your head is well within her range.) The difference would be that as where Neutronium stops Adam cold, Adrienne would laugh it off and keep coming at you, because the source of her powers aren't antimatter based. And Adrienne would have an additional x-factor attributable to her matrilineal DNA: as where Superman has an invisible force field that deflects incoming harm in addition to his already impervious skin, Adrienne would have an invisible force field that absorbs over-threshold energies, amplifies it, and she either keeps it for personal use or she returns it, albeit in significantly redoubled and polarity tainted form to the sender. (Think of Vanguard if he was turned into a herald of Galactus or had his powers bolstered by the Uni-Power/Enigma Force.) All of her mother's people would have this survival mechanism to some extent (which opens the door for Candace's return, btw), but in Adrienne this power is absolute. Zeus trying to kill Adrienne with a bolt of lightning out of the blue, or the Hulk getting infinitely enraged and trying to punch Adrienne would not be a good idea. It wouldn't go well for either gentleman.

And yes, I know that the proposed makes Adrienne and Max really, really powerful. But I don't care, because I know that even if it did happen, there will always be someone else coming along with their "Thor should be more powerful," or "Sentry should be more powerful," diatribes ... and Marvel will continue to cater to them over the Brashears of this fictional universe.
    Agreed although i was thinking of the Patriarch of the Brashear clan rather than the children.

Sum gd ideas fellas, we/SZ wanda wat Mr. KG wud think of dem.

We/SZ ,miss d old days whn he used 2 pop-in here(BM respect/apprctn thrd) 2 discussion with us/BM fans.

Has any1 bn in contact with Mr KG?