Page 62 of 95 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Personally one bit I wish they expanded on, or explained was Adam's apparent existence as a living retcon of sorts and what that meant in-universe.

It was alluded to twice within the space of a few issues but never delved into.

First by Kevin (Adam's now cosmic being son) after Kevin somehow unlocks a memory in Adam that Adam built the helmet Anti-Man wore that regulated his cosmic awareness. With it written as if to imply that retcon LITERALLY just came into existence so Adam would have a reason to at least not KILL Conner at the time.

Attachment 62635

And then soon after again by Gold-Lactus

Attachment 62636

Who semi-ominously implies there's a lot more behind Adam's existence than he realizes.
    When combined with Kevin's insights, I took it to mean that something had ALREADY happened to change Adam's past, which is why he couldn't remember some things. Galactus alluded to it, but a man with enhanced mental processes should not have amnesia when it comes to significant moments in his personal history, like the origins of Anti-Man. The series ended, but I think Ewing was going to reveal quite a bit more on this topic, as well as explain how it's possible that Monica and Adam, who didn't know each other until Mighty, somehow have the power to link up and become an Omega Servitor -- a creature that was basically born multiple iterations of the omniverse ago and at the "dawn of time" as we know it.

I love a good mystery, but sadly, I don't think anyone will pick up the story from there and build on it. Well, at least not any time soon.

The Ultimates are listed as an active team so I don’t see why their story would end now, especially with their being only a single Avegers title going forward. There’s too much star power there to be ignored, even without T’Challa & Carol Danvers, so I don’t see them going away just yet.

On a side; Blue Marvel, Anti-Man, and MAC were recently added to Marvel’s flagship mobile game, Future Fight, along with Ewing’s first Ultimates run as a series of story missions. Along with them being featured prominently in Marvel’s previous two crossover events, I’m not sure why people are so pessimistic about their future. They seem to have a place in the MU going forward.

Edit: This isn’t a feat I see mentioned often, but in CW 2 - 5 we have Adam smacking up Luke Cage, and shrugging off a blast from Nova before keeping pace with him as he exits orbit:

31165AE8-3691-441A-9F15-3B39D7CEDE5E.jpg
    831BC1E6-FDE2-45AD-BCC8-FD326255169A.jpg
    Last edited by Harsh Lesson; 02-25-2018 at 10:05 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I just took that as the writer being a little meta, alluding to Adam's status as a recent creation/retcon.

Anti-Man's exact timeline has been...odd, for a while. In the original mini, Adam said that Connor was the God father of his children, despite the fact that Connor was believed dead at the time.

Also, in the mini it was treated that Blue Marvel's wife was thought by Adam not to know of his powers, yet later it's stated that exposure to him has caused his family to age slowly. She wouldn't notice that?

Every retcon has growing pains, Adam is no different.
    Hmm I don't recall Conner being Godfather but one could always assume it was more honorary (than usual) and that Adam gave him the title after Anti-man's original "death".

The aging bit isn't all that unlikely to believe though. As she'd have to be with him for a LONG time to start to notice the aging bit, and I figure that only became apparent after being with him and his internal reveal of being Blue Marvel to her (despite her knowing already when SHIELD sent her to "investigate" him).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    When combined with Kevin's insights, I took it to mean that something had ALREADY happened to change Adam's past, which is why he couldn't remember some things. Galactus alluded to it, but a man with enhanced mental processes should not have amnesia when it comes to significant moments in his personal history, like the origins of Anti-Man. The series ended, but I think Ewing was going to reveal quite a bit more on this topic, as well as explain how it's possible that Monica and Adam, who didn't know each other until Mighty, somehow have the power to link up and become an Omega Servitor -- a creature that was basically born multiple iterations of the omniverse ago and at the "dawn of time" as we know it.

I love a good mystery, but sadly, I don't think anyone will pick up the story from there and build on it. Well, at least not any time soon.
    Hmmm. The way it read to me made it seem like not only were Conner and Adam's histories being updated it was literally changing on the fly to make it easier for Conner and Adam to work together on a cosmic level. Thus Adam was disoriented because he was now recalling a "newly" made memory.

Hmmm. Not sure what you even mean by Omega Servitor though, where did that name come from? The fused form was...interesting (if not very well explored) but I figured it was just a fun reference to Ewing's Mighty Avengers were the team basically combined all their spirits into one Avenger form to fight their enemies.

Incredible Member

*sigh* despite the gold post made by JudicatorPrime (and others) coming back to this thread after being away for months only makes me angry all over again.

Just... ugh.

With that said (heh) this article mentions the Blue Marvel as a film that Marvel / Disney may want to explore as a follow up to the massive success of Black Panther.

Black Superheroes Whose Movies Could Match Black Panther

https://screenrant.com/black-panther.../2/?view=lista

Also...spend your money on Guardian Prime (Comic Republic) and NOBLE (Catalyst Prime / Lion Forge) and stop letting Marvel "bait and switch" you ( or worse ignore or water down a character like Blue Marvel) out of your hard earned money.

Guardian Prime will give you feats and dialogue.
    NOBLE will give you feats and dialogue .

NEITHER will give you excuses as to why they cant give you feats & dialogue.
    Last edited by Customizer; 03-02-2018 at 07:25 AM.
    Don't complain. Create.

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    *sigh* despite the gold post made by JudicatorPrime (and others) coming back to this thread after being away for months only makes me angry all over again.

Just... ugh.

With that said (heh) this article mentions the Blue Marvel as a film that Marvel / Disney may want to explore as a follow up to the massive success of Black Panther.

Black Superheroes Whose Movies Could Match Black Panther

https://screenrant.com/black-panther.../2/?view=lista

Also...spend your money on Guardian Prime (Comic Republic) and NOBLE (Catalyst Prime / Lion Forge) and stop letting Marvel "bait and switch" you ( or worse ignore or water down a character like Blue Marvel) out of your hard earned money.

Guardian Prime will give you feats and dialogue.
    NOBLE will give you feats and dialogue .

NEITHER will give you excuses as to why they cant give you feats & dialogue.
    I definitely will, thanks for recommendations. I still think we should be demanding for Blue Marvel and Spectrum in a comic in some form or another. I literally am only supporting one mainstream comic at the moment but would definitely support a Adam and Monica comic

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymousmc View Post
    I definitely will, thanks for recommendations. I still think we should be demanding for Blue Marvel and Spectrum in a comic in some form or another. I literally am only supporting one mainstream comic at the moment but would definitely support a Adam and Monica comic
    I definitely think the Black Panther movie shows the importance of supporting the mainstream. Simply put, it reaches more people. Not that the little guys shouldn't be supported too... but where Black Panther sits is where you want these guys to be. And that quite honestly can only be done at marvel or dc.

I'm ready and waiting to throw my money at any and everything Blue Marvel.

An action figure would be nice. They could do Adam in a Captain Marvel wave since they've shared a connection. His Ultimates uniform of course.

A book. If a team book, cool. Just as long as he plays a substantial role. And something cosmic but a little more action oriented.

I'm just hoping he gets some love with this new initiative. My heart nearly skipped a beat when he made that brief appearance in a recent X-Men issue.

I think he and or Monica could easily carry on ongoing if Marvel actually pushed it. I'm looking forward to Fresh Start failing so they can stop using diversity as an excuse for their poor print sales.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Lesson View Post
    I think he and or Monica could easily carry on ongoing if Marvel actually pushed it. I'm looking forward to Fresh Start failing so they can stop using diversity as an excuse for their poor print sales.
    I certainly don't want marvel or any publisher to fail

But I would be very dissapointed if adam and Monica don't maintain a good profile

These are 2 of my favourite characters at marvel, utterly brilliant

Invincible Member

Marvel has never used diversity as an excuse for poor sales. That's fake news by people who don't like Marvel putting out more diverse titles.

Honestly I doubt they could carry an on-going. And that's no diss against them, since I honestly believe 99% of the characters in comics can't carry an on-going indefinitely. Out of the thousands of characters in marvel there's maybe half a dozen or so who have proven over the decades they can indefinitely carry an on-going title.

That said, the possibility (probability) of failure shouldn't prevent them from trying. Throw something at the wall enough times eventually something will stick.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
    I'm ready and waiting to throw my money at any and everything Blue Marvel.

An action figure would be nice. ...

A book. If a team book, cool. Just as long as he plays a substantial role. And something cosmic but a little more action oriented.

I'm just hoping he gets some love with this new initiative.
    My sentiments as well.

I can't help but wonder if those that green lit the Black Panther film are truly surprised at its level of success. I wonder this as, if the success was truly not foreseen , at the very least greed (i.e. a desire to duplicate BP success. Hollywood loves a "sequel") should greatly increase the odds of the Blue Marvels profile being raised.
    Don't complain. Create.

Incredible Member

Absolutely. Especially if they get Blue Marvel out of the current Guy Gardner type vest he is wearing and put him back into his original costume (with or without helmet). THAT look makes m want to spend money on the character and in this age of entertainment option excess that's what matters.
    Don't complain. Create.

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    Absolutely. Especially if they get Blue Marvel out of the current Guy Gardner type vest he is wearing and put him back into his original costume (with or without helmet). THAT look makes m want to spend money on the character and in this age of entertainment option excess that's what matters.
    That vest look translates to film much better than any of his previous looks though. (I'm looking big picture) But yeah, Adam has quite a few looks for a guy that's fairly new.