Page 63 of 95 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
    That vest look translates to film much better than any of his previous looks though. (I'm looking big picture) But yeah, Adam has quite a few looks for a guy that's fairly new.
    If they ever do a Blue Marvel movie, he'd probably need both costumes. The classic cape and helmet is needed for his superman phase in the 70s when no one is aware that he's black. And the new look with the vest probably would suit his more modern appearances where he's more a Reed Richards than a superman.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly I doubt they could carry an on-going. And that's no diss against them, since I honestly believe 99% of the characters in comics can't carry an on-going indefinitely. Out of the thousands of characters in marvel there's maybe half a dozen or so who have proven over the decades they can indefinitely carry an on-going title.

That said, the possibility (probability) of failure shouldn't prevent them from trying. Throw something at the wall enough times eventually something will stick.
    Blue Marvel’s backstory alone would make him a household name should he one day receive a film. I’m confident that if Marvel actually committed to pushing the character, he could stand next to if not surpass Captain America, Iron Man, and Hulk as a flagship hero in the same in way Black Panther is now. He has everything that it takes, he just needs someone to take a chance on him.

Edit: I didn’t like the best look at first, but it’s grown on me. It makes sense that he’d drop the cape for a more practical look given his maturation during retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Lesson View Post
    The Ultimates are listed as an active team so I don’t see why their story would end now, especially with their being only a single Avegers title going forward. There’s too much star power there to be ignored, even without T’Challa & Carol Danvers, so I don’t see them going away just yet.

On a side; Blue Marvel, Anti-Man, and MAC were recently added to Marvel’s flagship mobile game, Future Fight, along with Ewing’s first Ultimates run as a series of story missions. Along with them being featured prominently in Marvel’s previous two crossover events, I’m not sure why people are so pessimistic about their future. They seem to have a place in the MU going forward.

Edit: This isn’t a feat I see mentioned often, but in CW 2 - 5 we have Adam smacking up Luke Cage, and shrugging off a blast from Nova before keeping pace with him as he exits orbit:

Attachment 62650
    Attachment 62651
    Marvel needs to figure out why Ewing ignored the star power. It started good, but then after Civil War II it became about rebuilding the cosmic structure. Comic stuff works when it is similar to street level stories. When you go too philosophical and spend a lot of time building up villains(troubleshooters) without going through the stars, people lose interest.

I think he and or Monica could easily carry on ongoing if Marvel actually pushed it. I'm looking forward to Fresh Start failing so they can stop using diversity as an excuse for their poor print sales.
    I was thinking about a space adventure where they are working for Wakanda to locate new uninhabited planets to colonize. They could run into all the bad villains in space and fight them. While working on their fusion form slowly perfecting it until it stabilizes into a new character that they can use in extinction level events.

Blue Marvel’s backstory alone would make him a household name should he one day receive a film. I’m confident that if Marvel actually committed to pushing the character, he could stand next to if not surpass Captain America, Iron Man, and Hulk as a flagship hero in the same in way Black Panther is now. He has everything that it takes, he just needs someone to take a chance on him.

Edit: I didn’t like the best look at first, but it’s grown on me. It makes sense that he’d drop the cape for a more practical look given his maturation during retirement.
    I think it would probably a house hold name of hate. lol
    When they find out why he quite and the role of his wife, I don't see that as going over very well with general audiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I think it would probably a house hold name of hate. lol
    When they find out why he quite and the role of his wife, I don't see that as going over very well with general audiences.
    And, yet, the general public holds MLK in a more favorable light than Malcolm X, the Black Panthers, and Marcus Garvey.... And, to be fair to Adam, he’s with Monica now. Bear in mind, his hanging up his cape at the request of American Government at the height of the civil rights movement, and the ire that would draw from his community would be interesting to see on screen. There’s multiple angles from which a story can be fleshed out.

And, yet, the general public holds MLK in a more favorable light than Malcolm X, the Black Panthers, and Marcus Garvey.... And, to be fair to Adam, he’s with Monica now. Bear in mind, his hanging up his cape at the request of American Government at the height of the civil rights movement, and the ire that would draw from his community would be interesting to see on screen. There’s multiple angles from which a story can be fleshed out.
    And if MLK had stopped fighting for Civil Rights at the behest of the President, would he still be the most favorable?

And if MLK had stopped fighting for Civil Rights at the behest of the President, would he still be the most favorable?
    Blue Marvel was never a Civil Rights activist, so I don’t understand the comparison. On the other hand, MLK was a pacifist who had affairs with white prostitutes. If that didn’t prohibit him from becoming an American icon across all communities, I don’t see why hanging up his cape and marrying a white woman would keep a potential film Blue Marvel from being a success.

Blue Marvel was never a Civil Rights activist, so I don’t understand the comparison. On the other hand, MLK was a pacifist who had affairs with white prostitutes. If that didn’t prohibit him from becoming an American icon across all communities, I don’t see why hanging up his cape and marrying a white woman would keep a potential film Blue Marvel from being a success.
    You brought him in. lol

Being white is fine, but white and a spy. Add on top being told to hang up his cape because he is black. I don't see non comic book fans enjoying that. lol

You brought him in. lol

Being white is fine, but white and a spy. Add on top being told to hang up his cape because he is black. I don't see non comic book fans enjoying that. lol
    To point out that maintaining a relationship with white women as a prominent black figure during the 60’s isn’t damning in the eyes of the general public(in retrospect). I.e. If MLK can become the global icon that he is despite his extramarital affairs, marrying Candace wouldnt be an obstacle too large for a Blue Marvel film to be successful. I think you were drawing an additional comparison between Adam hanging up his cape and MLK hypothetically giving up on civil rights, but I don’t believe those decisions would hold the same weight for most people. One is pure fiction, and affects no one. The other was an obvious necessity that impacted the life of every American.

I believe Candace being a spy would make Adam a more empathetic character for most people. While giving up on being a super hero at the request of the government would be a regrettable decision that he grows from. He can no longer sit on the sideline and do nothing when he has the power to change the world. An evil prevails when good men do nothing type of redemption story.

To point out that maintaining a relationship with white women as a prominent black figure during the 60’s isn’t damning in the eyes of the general public(in retrospect). I.e. If MLK can become the global icon that he is despite his extramarital affairs, marrying Candace wouldnt be an obstacle too large for a Blue Marvel film to be successful. I think you were drawing an additional comparison between Adam hanging up his cape and MLK hypothetically giving up on civil rights, but I don’t believe those decisions would hold the same weight for most people. One is pure fiction, and affects no one. The other was an obvious necessity that impacted the life of every American.

I believe Candace being a spy would make Adam a more empathetic character for most people. While giving up on being a super hero at the request of the government would be a regrettable decision that he grows from. He can no longer sit on the sideline and do nothing when he has the power to change the world. An evil prevails when good men do nothing type of redemption story.
    If the movie took place during Civil Rights, do you think a non comic audience won't use their knowledge of the time period to make comparisons even though the characters are fictional?

It that where the case, all the Black Panther articles about who is right and wrong would't exist. lol

Got to remember that he only quit being a public hero. He still operated under the radar which is where he lost his oldest son.

And we know with this being a movie, adjustments are likely to be made to streamline the story.

Invincible Member

Actually, nevermind...

You brought him in. lol

I think that's actually what makes it an interesting story. Not unlike Wakanda deciding not to help other African nations, BM deciding to hang up his cape in a polarizing time I think created some interesting discussion. It's nice to have that sort of stuff between the punching.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
    Got to remember that he only quit being a public hero. He still operated under the radar which is where he lost his oldest son.
    A point worth remembering.

The various perspectives regarding how the movie going public might perceive the Blue Marvel's fictional history is an excellent example of how interesting a character he is and could be with a proper platform and push.

And yet....i keep getting (fill in the blank with under performing Marvel character).

....is the rule of 3 being applied to Adam?
    Don't complain. Create.