Page 7 of 95 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Was it just me or was Blue Marvel drawn very similar to Justin Hammer in this latest issue? HE looked GREAT (credit to Land) but his look was reminiscent Hammer....

Other than that i'm glad to see his power set on display in this comic. I geeked out a bit.

BANNED

MA #12 was sweet nicewith sum gd shwings of BM.

Has he featured or appeard anywhr else since his cameo in Robinson's FF?

BANNED

OH! Fellas its official....

-- BM is an expert dodger of magical projectiles(possible weakness 2 magic)

-- does "nt need 2 breathe"

-- has anti-matta eye-beams

-- & can literally cre8 "his own lyt", y'all.

Ha! Add those 2 BM's list of abilities fello fans.

Now can sum1 pls assist 2 post dem scans.
    Last edited by SilverZeal; 07-25-2014 at 08:48 AM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    Was it just me or was Blue Marvel drawn very similar to Justin Hammer in this latest issue? HE looked GREAT (credit to Land) but his look was reminiscent Hammer....

Other than that i'm glad to see his power set on display in this comic. I geeked out a bit.
    He reminds me of the actor Fred Williamson (center) from back in the day. Land did a good job with BM's 70s look imho.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    OH! Fellas its official....

-- BM is an expert dodger of magical projectiles(possible weakness 2 magic)

-- does "nt need 2 breathe"

-- has anti-matta eye-beams

-- & can literally cre8 "his own lyt", y'all.

Ha! Add those 2 BM's list of abilities fello fans.
    Depending on how you spin this, BM's susceptibility to magic may be something, or it may be nothing. After all, pretty much everyone in the Marvel Universe is susceptible to magic at some level as Zom, Odin, Shuma Gorath and others have proven. The tricky part there is that some will view BM's weakness as yet another parallel to Superman.

As for BM creating light, it's great that Ewing reiterated that aspect of BM's power. Matter-antimatter annihilation releases gamma ray photons (among other things) so "creating light" is probably an understatement. Theoretically, there are two people on the team that BM's powers could boost on demand -- Spectrum and She-Hulk.

Less clear to me, however, is whether or not Ewing is trying to establish that Blue Marvel actually has control over all antiparticles in general, or just a specifc type of antiparticle, say a positron. Yes, photons are their own antiparticle. Presumably so are gravitons. If BM has control over all antiparticles, that explains quite a bit with respect to some of the feats that we've seen. That also potentially makes him even more powerful than anything we've seen from him thus far.

Incredible Member

CA: Adam Brashear, the Blue Marvel, is both a relatively new addition to the Marvel Universe and, retrospectively, a pretty major figure. Can you talk about your vision of that character and what you’d like to achieve with him?
    AE: I don’t know if ‘vision’ is the right word — it feels a bit heavy for what’s basically some ideas — but when [editor] Tom [Brevoort] suggested him for the team, I did end up getting really into him. He struck me, when I read Kevin Grevioux’ original series, as quite a sad, stoic figure — someone who’s suffered tragedy in his life, who doesn’t know if he’s always been in the right — and that’s what grabbed me, this character who has awesome levels of power and strength in both his civilian and superhero identities, and sometimes it’s still not enough.
    Also — I like weird science, and I wanted to play with how other genres fit into a superhero universe, and how easily you can be forgotten by history and science if your face doesn’t fit. I suppose, really, I’d just like to see him get more use elsewhere. I feel like the Marvel Universe could really benefit from a bit more Adam Brashear.

Read More: Al Ewing Talks 'Captain America & The Mighty Avengers' | http://comicsalliance.com/al-ewing-c...ckback=tsmclip
    Call me paranoid but.....that came across as slightly less than positive.

Call me paranoid but.....that came across as slightly less than positive.
    I read that as Ewing calling out the writers of other Marvel books. Here we have a powerful tragic hero that has been around since the 1960s. Whether you like his origin or not, now that he's actively returning to the superhero business it makes very little sense for him not to appear in the pages of other comics, if for no other reason than to preserve the continuity of this fictional universe. Instead, Blue Marvel's activities continue to be relegated to the fringes, the surest path to limbo if ever there was one. Ewing nailed it: "How easily you can be forgotten by history... if your face doesn't fit." Hopefully other writers will take the hint and at least plug in BM for a guest appearance or two. Every little bit helps.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I read that as Ewing calling out the writers of other Marvel books. Here we have a powerful tragic hero that has been around since the 1960s. Whether you like his origin or not, now that he's actively returning to the superhero business it makes very little sense for him not to appear in the pages of other comics, if for no other reason than to preserve the continuity of this fictional universe. Instead, Blue Marvel's activities continue to be relegated to the fringes, the surest path to limbo if ever there was one. Ewing nailed it: "How easily you can be forgotten by history... if your face doesn't fit." Hopefully other writers will take the hint and at least plug in BM for a guest appearance or two. Every little bit helps.
    I interpreted his comment that way as well with the additional (and i' may be reading heavily into his comment here. In fact i probably am) indirect implication that perhaps he feels it's unfair that he is the only one using the Blue Marvel and doesn't want to bear that "burden" alone.

Ultimate Member

If Land was drawing, then it's safe to say that it was plagiarized off of someone/something.

"What if Adam Brashear was chosen to become the next Captain America?"

This thought has been running through my mind ever since I heard the news about Sam. What an interesting development that would have been.

BANNED

Makes No Sense. I mean I think its Kinda core that Cap is a more street level type of Hero. Same Reason you don't make Red Arrow Superman.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    If Land was drawing, then it's safe to say that it was plagiarized off of someone/something.
    I have no issues with Lands art ( in fact i like it ) but i'll admit that did cross my mind.

The looks is extremely similar. I'll have to find images of that comic character so i can post them side by side..

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Makes No Sense. I mean I think its Kinda core that Cap is a more street level type of Hero. Same Reason you don't make Red Arrow Superman.
    I wasn't thinking in terms of powersets, but rather the complete redemptive quality of the story.

Incredible Member

In all of the hub bub regarding the title change for our beloved Mighty Avengers series i forgot to mention just how much i love the pose of the Blue Marvel on the cover of the Captain America & The Mighty Avengers cover . The pose/ silhouette looks great.

I have no issues with Lands art ( in fact i like it ) but i'll admit that did cross my mind.

The looks is extremely similar. I'll have to find images of that comic character so i can post them side by side..
    I'm the same way. I don't get the hate he gets but I do enjoy his art in short bursts