Page 72 of 95 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1411

Mighty Avengers:
    Blue Marvel. Luke Cage. Falcon. Power Man. Blade.

Has this ever happened before? I was just looking back and I had to verify that they were all there at the same time.
    Last edited by Iconic; 03-12-2018 at 04:36 AM.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
    Mighty Avengers:
    Blue Marvel. Luke Cage. Falcon. Power Man. Blade.

Has this ever happened before? I was just looking back and I had to verify that they were all there at the same time.
    Before Mighty Avengers? I don't think so...I think the closest we had was that team up in Black Panther with BP, Cage, Falcon, and Blade ( Dr Voodoo might have been there I can't remember).

About a year before MA, Tom Breevort or somebody told a fan that an all black super team seemed "too contrived".

If there are any appearances for Blue Marvel i think the best chance is Black Panther. For whatever the reason Coates seems to thrive off of somebody coming in to help T'challa why not Adam. This wouldn't be a bad idea if they went up against someone like an upgraded Moses Magnum, or perhaps even Sentry depending on his mental stability.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    If there are any appearances for Blue Marvel i think the best chance is Black Panther. For whatever the reason Coates seems to thrive off of somebody coming in to help T'challa why not Adam. This wouldn't be a bad idea if they went up against someone like an upgraded Moses Magnum, or perhaps even Sentry depending on his mental stability.
    Given T'Challa and Adam were teammates, it's pretty easy to imagine Adam being someone T'Challa might ask for assistance from.

Though T'Challa being on the Avengers arguably puts them a little ahead of Adam on that list. But a lot of the Avengers have pretty schedules doing their own thing, so it's not hard to imagine them being busy if T'Challa needs a bit of extra help and calling in Adam instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    As long as Blue Marvel is leader some possibilities Comet Man, Moonstone, Starbrand/Kayla Ballantine, Psi-Force, Sundragon, Beta Ray Bill, Singularity, Captain Universe (Tamara), Phoenix, Quasar (Vaughn), Ikon (Spaceknight)
    It surprises me how much these two are neglected in Marvel cosmic, especially Captain Universe.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Lesson View Post
    I think his physical aging is mental, as his biology isn’t consistent with a typical humans. He doesn’t need to eat, drink water, or sleep for sustenance, and he doesn’t breathe air. Further evidence would be Anti-Man, who doesn’t appear to have aged at all since the accident that gave them their powers.
    Totally agree with you there. I think Adam hasn't quite fully reconciled himself to the fact that he's no longer really human. Physically ageing is probably one of the things that he does intentionally to anchor himself to the human experience. It's the same thing with Monica. She could conceivably take any form that she chose, whether human or just a big glowing globule of light and EM particles.

For those that complain about the optics of an older man dating a younger woman, consider that Adam could probably appear like a man in his 20s or 30s if he wanted ... or Monica could appear like a woman in her 40s or older, if she wanted. If the two were to share a mini series, I suspect the writer would probably introduce that dynamic, so that the audience could move beyond age and really delve into the more important factors that make their relationship ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymousmc View Post
    It surprises me how much these two are neglected in Marvel cosmic, especially Captain Universe.
    Honestly I'm still not entirely sure what Captain Universe was supposed to be. Was she some sort of aspect of Eternity or something? Because it seemed like Hickman sort of make it a bigger deal than it previously was.

But anyways yeah... since the power seemed to stablilize into one person they probably should use that character more often for the bigger scale cosmic stuff at least.

Another question I wanted to ask: If the Ultimates are revamped, who would you like to see on the team?
    I probably would want a core of 4 founding members (potentially all OP characters) who bring in adjunct members as needed depending on the mission. At some point or another all of the below characters would be an Ultimate. The names in blue would be the first squad.

Blue Marvel
    Spectrum

Adrienne Brashear
    Hela
    Athena
    Captain Britain
    Silver Surfer
    Jane Thor (the ultimate crisis would force her to make the ultimate sacrifice)
    Warlock (Technarch)
    Marvel Girl/Phoenix Force echo (Rachel Summers)

Talisman (Elizabeth Twoyoungmen)
    Sentry
    The Shaper of Worlds
    Oshtur
    T'Challa (Black Panther)
    Shuri (Black Panther)
    Her
    Invisible Woman
    Power Princess
    Kid Gladiator
    The Impossible Kid
    Midnight Sun
    The Vision
    The Original Human Torch
    Storm
    Sersi
    Miracleman
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 03-12-2018 at 08:58 AM.

I think his physical aging is mental, as his biology isn’t consistent with a typical humans. He doesn’t need to eat, drink water, or sleep for sustenance, and he doesn’t breathe air. Further evidence would be Anti-Man, who doesn’t appear to have aged at all since the accident that gave them their powers.

Another question I wanted to ask: If the Ultimates are revamped, who would you like to see on the team? I’m thinking Captain Marvel would move on, but I hope they keep T’Challa. Maybe replace Carroll with Riri Williams and open up a spot for Hyperion.
    Honestly I am fine with the Ultimats as is. If the book returned, I'd be totally with them having the exact same roster.

The only reason to change it would be if marvel didn't want Carol and T'Challa pulling double duty on the Avengers and Ultimates. But there are plenty of Avengers who have been on multiple teams.

If I absolutely HAD to add someone to the team, I'd add a telepath and a magic user so all their bases can be covered. Maybe Moon Dragon and Dr. Strange (though Strange being on the Avengers potentially falls in that double duty category again). They already have strength, energy manipulation, and intelligence covered... so magic and telepathy I think rounds them out well.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I probably would want a core of 4 founding members (potentially all OP characters) who bring in adjunct members as needed depending on the mission. At some point or another all of the below characters would be an Ultimate. The names in blue would be the first squad.

Blue Marvel
    Spectrum

Adrienne Brashear
    Hela
    Athena
    Captain Britain
    Silver Surfer
    Jane Thor (the ultimate crisis would force her to make the ultimate sacrifice)
    Warlock (Technarch)
    Marvel Girl/Phoenix Force echo (Rachel Summers)

Talisman (Elizabeth Twoyoungmen)
    Sentry
    The Shaper of Worlds
    Oshtur
    T'Challa (Black Panther)
    Shuri (Black Panther)
    Her
    Invisible Woman
    Power Princess
    Kid Gladiator
    The Impossible Kid
    Midnight Sun
    The Vision
    The Original Human Torch
    Storm
    Sersi
    Miracleman
    Some times ago, Anon posted a cosmic team on /co/.
    It was Galacta, Singularity, Starbrand, Nightmask and Tarene. That would be a decent Ultimate squad.

Ultimates would include Blue Marvel as leader then
    Adam Warlock
    Quasar
    Dr. Strange
    Nightmask
    Death's head 2
    Drax.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If I absolutely HAD to add someone to the team, I'd add a telepath and a magic user so all their bases can be covered. Maybe Moon Dragon and Dr. Strange (though Strange being on the Avengers potentially falls in that double duty category again). They already have strength, energy manipulation, and intelligence covered... so magic and telepathy I think rounds them out well.
    I was thinking the same thing, although I went with Talisman in lieu of Dr. Strange and sub Rachel for Moondragon. I like the thought of having a balanced group.

Don't care how off-base I sound but the Blue Marvel badly needs a BLACK writer that is ambitious about the character... Wish Priest was writing him.

Quote Originally Posted by KidStranglehold View Post
    Don't care how off-base I sound but the Blue Marvel badly needs a BLACK writer that is ambitious about the character... Wish Priest was writing him.
    I wonder what Kevin Grevioux (the creator) would do with him now that he's fleshed out a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by KidStranglehold View Post
    Leave the book, out of fear of being pegged as god king writer of all black characters. I will settle for a writer with, you know true talent writing him. I may regret it but i want to see what type of magic Jason Aaron could work with him given the goal to make Blue Marvel the best character Marvel has.