Page 75 of 95 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1411

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Hmmm... why didn't I think of this before?

I was so caught up in the sociopolitical aspects of Adam's origin that I completely missed the historical touchstones. The Apollo 11 mission, which was the first successful manned trip to the moon, didn't happen until 1969. Kennedy was assassinated in 1963, which means that Blue's little meeting with Uatu (after he had been forced into retirement) was the first time that a man from Earth had stepped foot on the moon. Ever. Adam's lunar visit pre-dates the Apollo mission by at least 6-7 years.

Now that we've clearly established that Adam "discovered" the moon (eat your heart out, Columbus), we can now officially call it Blue's Moon. Or New Brashearia. Whatever works.

So shall it be written...
    That could actually be both a cool and funny story, that Blue Marvel legally owns the Moon.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Josiah X I believe. Yeah, that whole family seems to have vanished.
    Did Marvel's lawyers just take a nap that day? Sheesh

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    That could actually be both a cool and funny story, that Blue Marvel legally owns the Moon.
    It would be one of those offbeat filler stories strictly for laughs. Then again, considering the space race was the primary impetus for the Fantastic Four's fateful flight, maybe not entirely tongue in cheek? I can see it now -- Uatu, Namor and Adam sitting around drinking Atlantean ale, smoking a rare dried leaf that Uatu grows on the Blue Area of the moon and playing poker when Adam pushes in all of his chips ... including the moon... to call Namor's bluff.

Josiah X I believe. Yeah, that whole family seems to have vanished.
    That's kind of normal for Marvel. Ten, maybe twenty years later some writer will pick up the characters and they'll be the next Netflix or big screen hit. At least that's what I think will happen to Adam and his family. The next great writer for Blue Marvel is probably just some grade school kid right now, raised in the now epic era of comics and movies based on same.

It would be one of those offbeat filler stories strictly for laughs. Then again, considering the space race was the primary impetus for the Fantastic Four's fateful flight, maybe not entirely tongue in cheek? I can see it now -- Uatu, Namor and Adam sitting around drinking Atlantean ale, smoking a rare dried leaf that Uatu grows on the Blue Area of the moon and playing poker when Adam pushes in all of his chips ... including the moon... to call Namor's bluff
    Uatu is dead, I think Nick Fury Sr. took his place.

Ha! of course its own by Blue Marvel

It would also be funny to see Adam give back all the flags on the Moon that were planted by American astronauts and flags of other countries, saying "Don't pollute my land with your ugly flags" lol

That's kind of normal for Marvel. Ten, maybe twenty years later some writer will pick up the characters and they'll be the next Netflix or big screen hit. At least that's what I think will happen to Adam and his family. The next great writer for Blue Marvel is probably just some grade school kid right now, raised in the now epic era of comics and movies based on same.
    I'd say that might be normal for Isaiah or Josiah... but I find it unusual that Eli wasn't used, even when the Young Avengers got another book. They went so far as to create a new Patriot rather than using Eli, so I think something is up there.

But as far as Adam, I'm sure someone will use him sooner or later.

Ha! of course its own by Blue Marvel

It would also be funny to see Adam give back all the flags on the Moon that were planted by American astronauts and flags of other countries, saying "Don't pollute my land with your ugly flags" lol
    Adam is a war vet, so he probably wouldn't call the US flag ugly. Just saying.

Adam is a war vet, so he probably wouldn't call the US flag ugly. Just saying.
    Yes, but I was joking and acting like Adam was an old man telling kids to get off his lawn lol.

I didn't mean that the poker game would take place now. I meant a lost tale set back in the 1960s or '70s.

Its early and subject to change, but Kevin Grevioux is scheduled to be at BledCon at the end of July. If you have any Blue Marvel comics, might be an opportunity to get them signed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Its early and subject to change, but Kevin Grevioux is scheduled to be at BledCon at the end of July. If you have any Blue Marvel comics, might be an opportunity to get them signed.
    He should write a new mini for Blue Marvel!

Are there any existing villains in the Marvel Universe that you'd like to see Blue Marvel face? Seriously, if he was more active, what would a Blue Marvel rogue's gallery look like? And now that Anti-Man has been made cosmically aware and no longer fears "the cage", what would be the driving impetus in making him Blue Marvel's arch nemesis now?

Are there any existing villains in the Marvel Universe that you'd like to see Blue Marvel face? Seriously, if he was more active, what would a Blue Marvel rogue's gallery look like? And now that Anti-Man has been made cosmically aware and no longer fears "the cage", what would be the driving impetus in making him Blue Marvel's arch nemesis now?
    Advanced Idea Mechanics (theoretically, they could be a threat to him - they might also try to recruit him or his children)
    the Sphinx

Didn't he die recently? I mean, he can come back, of course, but I thought he was dead atm.

That said, I'd like to see a lot of new baddies for him that he'd faced over the years. I'd also like to see him up against Annihlus.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Didn't he die recently? I mean, he can come back, of course, but I thought he was dead atm.

That said, I'd like to see a lot of new baddies for him that he'd faced over the years. I'd also like to see him up against Annihlus.
    We won't really know if Anti is dead once and for all until Adam, or perhaps Kevin, checks the Neutral Zone. The last time that we thought that he was dead, that's where he rematerialized. I think that's going to be his M.O. always. He's bound to a primordial force that exists outside of the known universe. And I think Adam is his cosmic counterbalance.

I agree. I think Annihilus would be a great villain. Not just from a Negative Zone aspect, but from the standpoint that his ruthless personality is diametrically opposed to Adam in just about every conceivable way. It really is too bad that Marvel didn't launch a substitute Fantastic Four book with Adam, Monica, Sue and Ben forming a short-lived team. Then Adam could have met quite a few of the FF's villains.