Page 84 of 95 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1411

Adam or Monica would have been excellent additions for GOTG. I really wish someone besides Ewing gave a damn about these amazing characters. There is no reason for Adam to be on the sidelines or comic limbo.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    The sad part of it is that he could easily have been put on Guardians of the Galaxy or the other Avengers title that is coming up.
    I was thinking the same thing. They'd rather have an Infinity Gauntlet Wolverine or Cosmic Ghost Rider, apparently. Elevating street level heroes to the cosmic plane seems to be all the rage these days. The people who constantly caution that Blue Marvel is too OP must be losing their minds at the concept of Immortal Hulk, or the notion of the IG gaining adamantium claws, right? I mean that's not ridiculously OP in the least compared to Adam, is it???
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Adam or Monica would have been excellent additions for GOTG. I really wish someone besides Ewing gave a damn about these amazing characters. There is no reason for Adam to be on the sidelines or comic limbo.
    We'll get to see Monica in early 2019 actively participating in an Avengers book at least. Guess that will have to do.

But it really is sad to admit that I bought more DC books in 2018 than Marvel. Up until now that had never happened before. Not in 40+ years of buying comics.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”

~James Baldwin

I am glad Monica will be in the new weekly but in the back of my mind i feel it's only cause of Ewing's involvement. That said i will take it I just wish Adam could at least get that.

Who knows, maybe they kill off Adam in the next Avengers title and end our misery? Or elevate him to Cosmic Godhead status so that he's really too powerful to join a team and we never have to worry about seeing him again. Or worse, make him a full blown Watcher. That's pretty much what he was anyway. They sat him down and forced him to watch other heroes get the glory as his prime slowly faded.

~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    hmm.. get Adam and Monica engaged! sales!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    pls develop the relationship first

Very true, it should be no issue to write Adam into a role where you need an uber powerhouse as a pilot hook and then, if you have to put him away for a while. Instead Marvel wants to take Wolverine and force fit him into a power character...???!! Goes to show that Marvel comics dept are full of crap when they claim that they are doing their best to push less characters. They do all kinds of extra for already established characters. Let's not forget why Wolverine was killed off in the first place, overuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'm waiting for someone to ask Monica about how she really feels about Adam, his history, his family, etc., and where she sees herself fitting into his life, and Adam in hers. I want some "This Is Us" Sterling K. Brown (as Randall Pearson) and Susan Kelechi Watson (who plays his stunning wife, Beth) type moments. Real affection, real dialogue, deeply loving in every way, and yet not flinching from those moments when brutal honesty is required in order for their relationship and their family to grow and evolve. I'm still not convinced that Adam and Monica are in love yet. They are attracted to one another, yes, but love? I don't know about that.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 11-24-2018 at 03:25 PM.

~James Baldwin

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Very true, it should be no issue to write Adam into a role where you need an uber powerhouse as a pilot hook and then, if you have to put him away for a while. Instead Marvel wants to take Wolverine and force fit him into a power character...???!! Goes to show that Marvel comics dept are full of crap when they claim that they are doing their best to push less characters. They do all kinds of extra for already established characters. Let's not forget why Wolverine was killed off in the first place, overuse.
    It's amazing to me how comic book inspired movies have earned billions, but the comics that inspire these movies seem to simply spin their wheels when it comes to actually developing their characters.

Every thing is just plodding along until the next crossover. That kinda pushes out the newer characters like Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Who knows, maybe they kill off Adam in the next Avengers title and end our misery? Or elevate him to Cosmic Godhead status so that he's really too powerful to join a team and we never have to worry about seeing him again. Or worse, make him a full blown Watcher. That's pretty much what he was anyway. They sat him down and forced him to watch other heroes get the glory as his prime slowly faded.
    Adam deserves so much more than what he is getting and I agree they mighht as well make him a Watcher if he's just gonna do nothin... God I miss Ultimates.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    It's amazing to me how comic book inspired movies have earned billions, but the comics that inspire these movies seem to simply spin their wheels when it comes to actually developing their characters.

Every thing is just plodding along until the next crossover. That kinda pushes out the newer characters like Adam.
    The thing is the movies only put out 3 movies a year. Whereas the comics put out dozens a month. If marvel only published 3 comics, I"m pretty sure they would be doing a better job of developing the few characters they were using in those 3 books. So it's not entirely fair to compare.

But I do agree it's very hard to push new characters. You basically need to wait for some writer to "adopt" that character. I'll say this about Bendis... love him or hate him, he at least gave a LOT of new characaters a shot. Not necessrily Adam, but a lot. Sentry, Hood, Ares ... and obviously his own creation Jessica Jones. Characters which under different circumstances might have fallen into limbo were given arguably the biggest spotlight in the industry at the time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The thing is the movies only put out 3 movies a year. Whereas the comics put out dozens a month. If marvel only published 3 comics, I"m pretty sure they would be doing a better job of developing the few characters they were using in those 3 books. So it's not entirely fair to compare.

But I do agree it's very hard to push new characters. You basically need to wait for some writer to "adopt" that character. I'll say this about Bendis... love him or hate him, he at least gave a LOT of new characaters a shot. Not necessrily Adam, but a lot. Sentry, Hood, Ares ... and obviously his own creation Jessica Jones. Characters which under different circumstances might have fallen into limbo were given arguably the biggest spotlight in the industry at the time.

TBF, movies do tend to take a lot more moving parts these days to create. Comics are a storyboard way of story telling and don't need the incredible amounts of workers and money involved to make.

On the hand many manga get released weekly and people love them.

But Im also going to acknowledge how poor the working conditions are for manga/comic artists and writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    TBF, movies do tend to take a lot more moving parts these days to create. Comics are a storyboard way of story telling and don't need the incredible amounts of workers and money involved to make.

On the hand many manga get released weekly and people love them.

But Im also going to acknowledge how poor the working conditions are for manga/comic artists and writers.
    Oh, I agree that movies are MUCH harder to make than comics. There's a reason it takes 5 minutes plus for the credits of a movie to finish... lots and lots of moving parts.

I'm just saying because there are far less movies made, it's sort of an apples an oranges comparrison.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Oh, I agree that movies are MUCH harder to make than comics. There's a reason it takes 5 minutes plus for the credits of a movie to finish... lots and lots of moving parts.

I'm just saying because there are far less movies made, it's sort of an apples an oranges comparrison.

I think I should ask: In what way does the number of comics released affect it? I mean, I can see the upper end having a ton of great comics with a middle of mediocrity and a bottom of turriblenes, but lately it seems to be meh across the board.