Page 89 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3979858687888990919293 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1411

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Adam's tales wouldn't be limited to just outer space. As I envision it, his enemies hail from just about every corner of the Marvel Universe and a few that we haven't seen yet. Ewing's concept of the First Firmament made me wonder when the matter/antimatter asymmetry was first introduced into all creation, which then made me think that perhaps there were forces opposed to that concept waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back then, which means that Adam probably has ancient enemies from the dawn of time, some of whom are probably right here on Earth in the present day.

Although most of the stories are epic sci-fi fantasy mold, there are probably just as many stories in my head that are Earth-based with Adam struggling in his role as a change agent. Just the other day I had an idea for a team-up with Adam and the Rangers. They find themselves caught up in the immigration debate when a special media report breaks about a rogue branch of the border patrol singling out mutant/mutate children seized during illegal crossings for their own dark and twisted purposes. At the end of the story, Adam decides to run for higher office and convinces Bonita Juarez (Firebird) and Drew Daniels (The Texas Twister) to do the same in their respective states. Adam loses his run for the Senate, but Congresspersons Texas Twister and Firebird happens! Both turn out to be staunch allies of Adam's in the years to come. Decades hence, Drew Daniels eventually ends up running for President when it's all said and done, buoyed by a coalition of support that Adam helped build.

Anyway, my vision for the Blue Marvel doesn't matter. I just hope that Marvel someday finds someone who is willing to share their vision of Adam and gives them an opportunity to see it through a 12 issue run minimum.
    To be frank, I think the ideas you stated here are incredible; particularly the last one because of how relevant it is to today's climate and the lessons learned from how the issue was resolved through thoughtfulness, politics, and playing the long game... instead of the traditional method of punching the crap outta something in hopes for quick results. That's a valuable lesson to see an all-powerful type hero showcase his nuance and intelligence in.

I'd say your vision matters, we just gotta get some of these tunnel-vision mf'ers who work at Marvel to take a look and broaden their limited creative scope! Until they do, do your part by keep on sharing your ideas

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Definitely this. Sentry is to the Void as Blue Marvel is to Anti-Man. Have them all come together and redefine the cosmic landscape! But first, if I'm writing this, I develop two key points:

1. A Power Like No Other. What makes Adam and Anti-Man unique is that the ultimate source of their abilities is the as yet unnamed fictional barrier and/or force between the matter and antimatter realms across ALL plains of existence, including divergent realities. The way I envision that field/force is that the matter realm and the antimatter realm are constantly expanding outward, but also constantly colliding into one another. What prevents complete annihilation of everything? The real world scientific theory basically boils down to matter-antimatter asymmetry. So let's just call it the Asymmetric Field/Force for now. This proposed Asymmetric Field keeps 99.999% of everything from absolute negation and annihilation. But given the physics involved, the Asymmetric Field is also one of the most powerful sources of raw energy in all of existence. The amount of energy housed there is truly limitless and unquantifiable. Not all of the energies found in the matter or antimatter realms could equal it. It's certainly more energy than even a billion-billion suns could muster. There's so much energy, in fact, that some of it finds its way back to the divine TOAA ... at least until Adam and Anti-Man came along. Now that power is theirs to command. But neither is really ready to accept that responsibility...until the Void comes along looking to start some isht with some of its allies, Those Who Sit Above In Shadow.

2. Cosmic Politics and the Conceit of the Amoral Code. Odin and the Gods in general are not on our side. Their allegiance is to themselves, and if push comes to shove, everyone and everything else is collateral damage. That holds true for all Cosmics. Adam experienced this to some extent during the Incursions and the Eternity's Chains story arcs, albeit with different power brokers and those wishing to influence the cosmos involved. He'll experience it again when he goes to visit Ulana and his godson, as the Watchers governing council target her for capital offenses. The "crime" was for allowing Adam to nourish Uatu's infant son with his energies. Apparently, the Watcher code applies here as well: do nothing but observe. Ulana should have let her baby perish as the "natural order" of things, not ask Adam to interfere. Ultimately the Council rules that Ulana and her son are to be put to death in a long drawn out process where both are placed in a contraption that prevents their bodies from converting Delta Rays into life sustaining energy. Adam's punishment is that he is forced to watch them die, bound by the Watcher's combined psionic energies and by a neutronium harness and shackles. Adam loses it when he sees Baby Uatu die. Completely loses it. His grief is so severe that he tears a hole in the space/time continuum, summoning Anti-Man to his side. I'm not sure if there are any Watcher Council members left when Adam is done...but I know that it's Anti-Man that pulls him back from the brink of destroying everything. (So the question is now whether or not Anti-Man is actually Conner Sims, or a facet of Adam's own power? Is Anti-Man really just Adam's memory of Conner in energy form and not the man himself? And why is the Neutral Zone seemingly where Adam houses all of his failures, to his lost son Kevin, to the memory of Conner Sims? How powerful is Adam??? Maybe the Queen of Nevers knows.)

Suffice to say, I could fill a few sub-forums with all of the ideas that I have for Adam. It might start off as a solo, but I'd eventually shift him to a team dynamic. He's a man that has always wanted to belong to a community of individuals, all sharing common cause for the greater good. I easily see him being an Avenger in the main team, or putting his own twist on an Ultimates team that speaks for Earth to all of the Cosmics who would dare cross the blue planet.
    Amazing pitch, I would love to read a story like this and it absolutely captures the essence of Adam.

I'd like to see Adam have a battle with Tryco Slatterus the Champion, and have more interactions with the cosmic characters out there. I'd also like to see a team up mini series with Silver Surfer.

Marvel comics left this character(and Monica) stranded in the desert.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Guardian of Good View Post
    After reading previous post treatment of Blue Marvel I'm only further in the belief that Marvel could make this happen so easily and there are regular people out here who vision for a character that's not even their own.

Marvel would likely have to re-work Blue MArvel's origin if they ever wanted to integrate him into the MCU. And now Captain Marvel will take his schtick as the old forgotten/retired hero who no one remembers but is unbelievably strong.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Guardian of Good View Post
    I believe Monica is supposed to be in Avengers No Road Home. So that's something at least. Since Monica and Adam are in a relationship, hopefully he at least gets a cameo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Marvel would likely have to re-work Blue MArvel's origin if they ever wanted to integrate him into the MCU. And now Captain Marvel will take his schtick as the old forgotten/retired hero who no one remembers but is unbelievably strong.
    And that's the sad thing, people not in the know will think he's just a Captain Marvel knockoff which basically takes his MCU chances from slim to none. The Blue Marvel burial is real my friends.

Mighty Member

Ehh. Before Captain Marvel there was Hank Pym, and they could introduce BM through Pym. Hell, they could introduce a lot if they did an Ant-Man movie in the past. They aren't doing much with The Ant-Man corner but making them fun romps, but it could easily be the super science Venture Brothers-esque corner of the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    Ehh. Before Captain Marvel there was Hank Pym, and they could introduce BM through Pym. Hell, they could introduce a lot if they did an Ant-Man movie in the past. They aren't doing much with The Ant-Man corner but making them fun romps, but it could easily be the super science Venture Brothers-esque corner of the MCU.
    Antman is on a different level in terms of power and scale.

I don't think he should be introduce "through" Atman. There can be a connection like how Hank Pym and Tony Stark had a connection but anything more than that runs the risk of making him a derivative character which is something that should be avoided at all costs. Marvel just needs a good story angle that works for him. If they do introduce him it won't be right away. Captain Marvel probably needs a couple years and two to three movies at least, before Blue Marvel makes an appearance. They also need to be visual different and significantly distinct in terms of powers and functions like all the other superpower heroes are.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Antman is on a different level in terms of power and scale.

I don't think he should be introduce "through" Atman. There can be a connection like how Hank Pym and Tony Stark had a connection but anything more than that runs the risk of making him a derivative character which is something that should be avoided at all costs. Marvel just needs a good story angle that works for him. If they do introduce him it won't be right away. Captain Marvel probably needs a couple years and two to three movies at least, before Blue Marvel makes an appearance. They also need to be visual different and significantly distinct in terms of powers and functions like all the other superpower heroes are.
    I wonder if they should consider changing his name for the MCU if they ever use him. Just the fact that he's called Marvel potentially makes him sound like a derivative of Captain Marvel.

Maybe for the MCU they can mash him up with Sentry, and call him the Blue Sentry or something like that.

Invincible Member

I hope not. Part of the appeal for me is that his name is deliberately corny, like something straight out of the silver age.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I hope not. Part of the appeal for me is that his name is deliberately corny, like something straight out of the silver age.
    Oh, I definatey agree with that. But there are other names which could work. Blue Sentry, Blue Guardian, Blue Champion, Blue Avengers, Blue Defender, etc. There are a lot of nouns you can stick at the end of the world blue to make a corny super hero name.

That said, sharing the name Marvel with Carol probably isn't a HUGE deal. I'm just taking into consideration the issue of people potentially considering her a derivative of Captain Marvel. Sort of like Spider-Woman, even though she literally had absolutely nothing to do with Peter in any way, shape or form.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

They'd probably call him something corny like Blue Blazar, Doctor Atom, Professor Particle, Ultra Lord, Negato, or something like that.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Spectacular Member

I would really like to see the Brashear family along with Monica in their own animated 30 minute Adventure. It's something that could be aired as a short on YouTube or their streaming service that's supposed to be starting soon. I don't know how they are for content, but a show like this would guarantee my money from the gate