Page 93 of 95 FirstFirst ... 438389909192939495 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1411

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I dunno, I don't think it changes the mainstream continuity all that much. If an editor wanted a series where Adam existed as a superhero and didn't retire and dealt with racial and political issues of the times, it doesn't have to change anything having to do with the X-men adventures, Spider-Man, the Avengers etc. Many of those old stories still work in the same way.
    I was referring to the civil rights movement and stuff, but yeah I guess he wouldn't majorly affect those characters. The only thing I can think of now is that maybe the Avengers would try to recruit him as a founding member since he would've still been active. I could also see him stepping in to help the X-Men with the public's perception of mutants since he would have a history of standing for oppressed groups.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Adam's damning flaw is that he accepted the box that others made for him, even though he had the power and intellect to either reshape those parameters, or thrive outside of them.
    But he did that... damning or not, and that either A: he gets a redemption arc or B. H has to live with the choice and be derided for it. (but uatu is a good answer)

The more people argue it should be cut out the more "B" sound like the correct choice, because there is a real fallout.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Monica will be one of the members of the new Avengers book to be released in 2019. We're told that there may be a Blue Marvel cameo or two as well, but as of now he's not the member of any team, or receiving a series at all in 2019.
    Are you talking about No Road Home? Or is there another series starting after that storyline is done? If so, I’m here for that. Monthly Monica is something I’ve waited for for years. I’m about to buy Ewing’s Ultimates to read, because I’ve heard great things about it.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Are you talking about No Road Home? Or is there another series starting after that storyline is done? If so, I’m here for that. Monthly Monica is something I’ve waited for for years. I’m about to buy Ewing’s Ultimates to read, because I’ve heard great things about it.
    Yep, I was referring to No Road Home. Looking forward to Monica, Hercules, Vision, Scarlet Witch, et al.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    But he did that... damning or not, and that either A: he gets a redemption arc or B. H has to live with the choice and be derided for it. (but uatu is a good answer)

The more people argue it should be cut out the more "B" sound like the correct choice, because there is a real fallout.
    He lives with it and I don't see anyone undoing it. I'm simply saying that if it was up to me, we'd approach his origin story differently.

As it stands, his past is his past. That's not the reason why current writers aren't using Blue Marvel. It's just one of the reasons why some fans may not take to him. Or perhaps one of many straws that breaks the camel's back.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”

~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Yep, I was referring to No Road Home. Looking forward to Monica, Hercules, Vision, Scarlet Witch, et al.
    I really hope they reintroduce the Eternals in that storyline. Especially Sersi.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

I wish we could do away with the minis take sometimes (or make that BM be a LMD or something). There is to much story potential in BM as a thinker, a warrior, and even inspiration. He should of left earth. I'd rather him have done that. I rather him come back and be some kinda way because not much has changed. I just want more of this guy (especially since I can't get my Icon fix)...and give him a better costume lol

Give Adam some enemies that he can go toe to toe with, and not seem so overly powerful. Maybe have him involved in a plot involving the Egyptian god, Set. Maybe he’s developed a plot to rule his pantheon, and Adam is recruited by Isis or Amen Ra to become their champion. The Exemplars would be awesome foes for him too.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Quote Originally Posted by ArsonoptiX View Post
    I wish we could do away with the minis take sometimes (or make that BM be a LMD or something). There is to much story potential in BM as a thinker, a warrior, and even inspiration. He should of left earth. I'd rather him have done that. I rather him come back and be some kinda way because not much has changed. I just want more of this guy (especially since I can't get my Icon fix)...and give him a better costume lol
    I miss his original costume. It had more of an iconic vibe.

His current costume in all fairness does arguably suit him better. He comes off more as a scientist/explorere than a super hero in it. And realistically there's no reason to wear a mask or a cape. But still... it looked cool.

Quote Originally Posted by ArsonoptiX View Post
    I have tried more times than I can count to draw his original costume as designed. Stylistically, nothing works. I'm not sure how they finally settled on that look, but I'm thinking sleep deprivation and/or possibly narcotics were involved.

~James Baldwin

I like his current costume cuz it reminds me of Future Trunks a little bit, lol. His first suit is still my #1 favorite though, I like how it had that classic silver age vibe to it with the cape and mask and all. I think it would be really cool if they applied an "Incredibles" old school stylistic vibe to it if they introduce him in the movies. But I do want him to get a new suit, preferably a modernized version of his first suit, cape and all. He doesn't need the helmet during normal hero work in the city and stuff, but he could still use it for special exploration like he did in the Ultimates book.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    I like his current costume cuz it reminds me of Future Trunks a little bit, lol. His first suit is still my #1 favorite though, I like how it had that classic silver age vibe to it with the cape and mask and all. I think it would be really cool if they applied an "Incredibles" old school stylistic vibe to it if they introduce him in the movies. But I do want him to get a new suit, preferably a modernized version of his first suit, cape and all. He doesn't need the helmet during normal hero work in the city and stuff, but he could still use it for special exploration like he did in the Ultimates book.
    The helmet can be functional. Maybe like Iron Man it can have screens pop up for him to see. Maybe it can give him radar or sonar or communication.

Whatever... the point being it looked cool, so just run with it. I get the whole point of demasking him in the narrative... but that doesn't mean he can't still wear it for completely utilitarian reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The helmet can be functional. Maybe like Iron Man it can have screens pop up for him to see. Maybe it can give him radar or sonar or communication.

Whatever... the point being it looked cool, so just run with it. I get the whole point of demasking him in the narrative... but that doesn't mean he can't still wear it for completely utilitarian reasons.
    Exactly. I find that some heroes just look cooler with masks/helmets like Green Lantern and in this case, Blue Marvel.

I like the new look. I believe the mask has a different symbolic function now. With it on, he was able to be a loved hero in the 60s. If he had worn a domino mask or something similar he probably would not have reached those heights. Putting a helmet back on symbolically regresses him back to having to hide who he was.

Just for kicks, I'm creating a super group circa early 1960s featuring...

1. Adam
    2. A version of the Ghost Rider (who may or may not be a young, feisty, "free love" counterculture Aunt May)
    3. A version of the Scarlet Scarab
    4. And introducing Misty Knight's mom (who has never been named or even mentioned ever) as a new hero and Adam's first love

I need 3-4 more individuals to round out the squad. Who would you like to see join Adam?

~James Baldwin