Default When did this universe get so big?

After the announcement of Frankenstein Underground, I sat back and realised there's a LOT of Hellboy titles.

What's your favourite bits? What are you most excited for in the future? And what unexplored corners what you like to see some day?

Plus 1946/47/48/Vampire is kinda it's own thing too. Crazy

Spectacular Member

Hoping to see a Prehistory or Hyperborean book some day.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lobster View Post
    Hoping to see a Prehistory or Hyperborean book some day.
    Me too. And a Tales of the Silver Lantern Club book.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinkie View Post
    Plus 1946/47/48/Vampire is kinda it's own thing too. Crazy
    I'm really looking forward to more B.P.R.D. Vampire. Hopefully next year.
    Last edited by middenway; 10-02-2014 at 08:30 PM.

Wow... so much good stuff coming down the pipe. I am REALLY looking forward to Hellboy and the B.P.R.D. though. I think this book is going to be something special. I am also excited about Frankenstein Unbound as it sounds like it will give us more of a glimpse into the Secret Societies of the Mignolaverse. I have been waiting foe Heliopic Brotherhood and Oanes Society action!

Quote Originally Posted by Storey View Post
    Wow... so much good stuff coming down the pipe. I am REALLY looking forward to Hellboy and the B.P.R.D. though. I think this book is going to be something special. I am also excited about Frankenstein Unbound as it sounds like it will give us more of a glimpse into the Secret Societies of the Mignolaverse. I have been waiting foe Heliopic Brotherhood and Oanes Society action!
    Hellboy and the B.P.R.D. has the potential to be so many things. It kicks off with the five-issue mini 1952, but from there... For example, in 1953 Hellboy, Professor Bruttenholm, and Harry Middleton explore the British Isles. Hellboy would later think back to that as the happiest time of his life. I can't wait to see that. Although I've also got my eyes on certain events in the 1960s, '70s and '80s...

And writing that last Hell Notes made me realise just how much there is in the 19th century to explore, and not just with Sir Edward Grey either.

Maybe we will see Anastasia Bransfield show up somewhere down the line...

Spectacular Member

The Hellboy universe makes up 1/3 of my pull list, I still have Baltimore and The Goon from Darkhorse.
    The rest of my pull list is mostly Image titles with one from marvel and one from Boom studios. What
    started as a fascination of all things Star wars about 15 years ago has developed into my favorite past time.

Quote Originally Posted by Storey View Post
    Maybe we will see Anastasia Bransfield show up somewhere down the line...
    That'd be cool.

My hope is that most of the "case files" mentioned in annotations in early Hellboy issues still remain a mystery…

I would love to see a prehistory comic. I like the small references made throughout the main Hellboy storyline.

In general I'm not too interested in the expanded universe. I'm a massive fan of Mike Mignola when he's writing AND drawing, but when other artists get involved it kind of loses its magic, for me.

On my shelf I have the Trade Paperbacks of Hellboy 1-6, (TPB #7 is the first where the art is not 100% mignloa... can't really be arsed to spend £10 on that), and Hellboy in Hell 1 (which is just fantastic).