View Poll Results: What are your favorite Béla Lugosi films?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dracula

2 66.67%
  • White Zombie

1 33.33%
  • The Black Cat (1934)

1 33.33%
  • The Invisible Ray

0 0%
  • Son of Frankenstein

1 33.33%
  • The Return of the Vampire

1 33.33%
  • Island of Lost Souls

1 33.33%
  • Mark of the Vampire

1 33.33%
  • The Raven (1935)

0 0%
  • The Body Snatcher

1 33.33%
  • Ninotchka

0 0%
  • Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man

2 66.67%
  • Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein

0 0%
  • Plan 9 from Outer Space

0 0%
  • Other

1 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Default Favorite Bela Lugosi Movies?

I think Béla is one of the most interesting of the classic movie monster actors. I've tried to make a poll that includes some of his best work as well as fan favorites. While I've watched a good bit of his work there are still many of his films I haven't watched yet. What are some of your favorite Béla Lugosi movies? Some of mine include The Return of the Vampire, Island of Lost Souls, Son of Frankenstein, White Zombie, Murders in the Rue Morgue, The Body Snatcher, Mark of the Vampire, The Black Cat (1934), The Devil Bat and The Ghost of Frankenstein.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Son of Frankenstein and Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein are probably my favorites, but I've never seen The Black Cat all the way through (but I have seen that ending - wow! - ).

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    I've never seen The Black Cat all the way through (but I have seen that ending - wow! - ).
    The 1934 The Black Cat is outstanding and it's always great to see Lugosi and Karloff working together. I recently watched the 1941 The Black Cat and found it pretty underwhelming. Although it does include Basil Rathbone and I did enjoy the ending to that as well.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison