Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Default Who should headline ANANXF?

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... the shade is REAL.

Peter David in the most recent interview on the cancellation of X-Factor :

"No, [the comic is being canceled] because not enough people are buying it," he wrote. "Which is exactly the reason they cancelled 'Gambit' as well, so it’ll probably be a long time before he gets to star in another book.

ouch. but true. They give Gambit chance after chance and still this guy suffers from the equivalent of male comic book impotence, failing to get readership up. Even Gambit's embarrassing dick slip pics and KITTENS couldn't save this title.

This thread is for discussing 2 things:
    1. Where should the ANXF cast get shuffled to.
    2. Which established B-list X-men do you think should headline the All New All New team and what should their purpose be?

Excelsior!

PAD threw Gambit under the bus but let's be honest- the rest of that cast was trash.

I wouldn't mind seeing Gambit return to the school in Amazing to honor Wolverine.. he, Nightcrawler, and Iceman would be a cool pairing with Storm, Firestar, Rachel, and whoever else.

If the book relaunches again, I hope it's basically a New Mutants team.

There's only one X-member that could launch this book into relevancy. Colossus.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Gambit will be back on his feet while Doug and the rest of Harrison's gang are collecting unemployment.

Shame about Lorna.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    If the book relaunches again, I hope it's basically a New Mutants team.
    I could see this. It's time they finally graduated to a full fledged X-team and let some of the other students graduate to NM status. watching them vacillate as the fresh faces of the X-family is kind of tedious. They all need to go from a bunch of Robin's to a bunch of Nightwing's, y'know?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Gambit will be back on his feet while Doug and the rest of Harrison's gang are collecting unemployment.

Shame about Lorna.
    It's always a shame about Lorna, can we agree that she is box office poison already?

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

What about All New X-Treme X-Men?

With having on board:
    Storm
    Sage
    Rogue
    Pixie
    Lifeguard
    Neal Shaara
    Indra
    Bishop
    Rockslide (need a fun factor)
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    PAD threw Gambit under the bus but let's be honest- the rest of that cast was trash.
    Maybe he was asked to include a popular X-Men character in the book, Gambit was it, and he resented him. It's true the cast was terrible, but that's been PAD's MO in X-Factor (look at the cast with Multiple Man, M, Wolfsbane, etc.). I think it probably didn't help that they all wore matching uniforms. It might work on the Fantastic Four, but outside of that it usually leads to failure. That, and the art was awful. Add it all up, and even PAD couldn't save this book. A shame, I was enjoying it.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

It's always a shame about Lorna, can we agree that she is box office poison already?
    Can't be worse than Dazzler's numerous reinventions--all of which seem to fail.

Seriously though, the problem with the current volume was the inclusion of characters like Cypher and the robots to steer attention away from the main three.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    Can't be worse than Dazzler's numerous reinventions--all of which seem to fail.

Seriously though, the problem with the current volume was the inclusion of characters like Cypher and the robots to steer attention away from the main three.
    Yeah but Dazzler's a character that's intentionally built to spill so she can pick her own ass up off the ground. Lorna's earmarked for greatness and after 50 years, still has yet to make an impact.

I have to agree. Gambit isn't indie enough to fit in an indie type book. The cast, uniforms, and concepts weren't doing anything for me. And I love PAD and his previous X-Factor is one of my all time favorite X-runs.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I have to agree. Gambit isn't indie enough to fit in an indie type book. The cast, uniforms, and concepts weren't doing anything for me. And I love PAD and his previous X-Factor is one of my all time favorite X-runs.
    Even as a stretch, conceptually, the team was a misfire. Warlock and Danger??? Doug Ramsey tipped the "cornflake" factor of this team way over the watershed and it could have been tempered with characters like Feral, Warpath, Bishop, or someone of that ilk.

Astonishing Member

Even as a stretch, conceptually, the team was a misfire. Warlock and Danger??? Doug Ramsey tipped the "cornflake" factor of this team way over the watershed and it could have been tempered with characters like Feral, Warpath, Bishop, or someone of that ilk.
    It's worth reading for PAD's portrayal of Polaris and Quicksilver...but I agree Gambit doesn't fit...and I don't care anything about the rest of the cast.

Fantastic Member

Relaunch as Uncanny X-Factor! I would bring back Shatterstar and put him on the team. Colossus would be a good pick and then he could say he's been on multiple satellite X-teams. Then maybe have Lorna take up Wanda's offer and join an Avengers team in some capacity. And Gambit back to the X-Men. Alternatively, an attempt at a new Excalibur assuming it doesn't instantly tank.

Lorna should go to the school and teach. they need someone who has actually completed accredited college courses there.