Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    maybe a new X-factor book could be like a "Mutants for Hire" premise? An kind of temp agency where mutants are hired onto various MU teams that need extra firepower, respectively, or need specialized mutant help for certain tasks or missions? it could chronicle individual mutants and their respective missions but overall the book would be about whoever are in charge, keeping an eye on the temps that they hire out. Husk would fit well into this environment.
    H4H over fac-simile any time of the day.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Let the cast had been Gambit, Bishop, Dani, Bedlam, Polaris, Quicksilver and Pixie? YAS.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    There were a lot of things wrong with this title. The cast, with the exception of Quicksilver, was pretty dull. (Marvel hasn't had a clear direction for Gambit since the 1990's.) The matching uniforms were uninspired and worse of all the art was sooooo flat! The coloring could have fixed that, but they insisted on monochromatic color overlay for like 80% of the series! (It's ok in small doses, for mood or the occasional flashback, etc. but it becomes very boring visually to read an entire comic like that.)

I'm sure Marvel will relaunch simply to keep the X-Factor trademark but I'd really rather they didn't. Sometimes things need to die. Do a one-shot X-Men annual with the blurb "Guest Starring: X-Factor!" If you are worried some other rival comic company is going to snatch up the brand name.
    Quicksilver and his crybaby gimmick has been played out for 15 years. He was lying and whining nonstop...used his own daughter. Those are good qualities to have when you belief in nothing going to justify it. Should of kept his job as Wanda's errand boy.

As for Gambit? He's been worthless for quite some time. Should of died in X men 200. They still brought him back acting like he was pretending to be a bad guy and more convoluted messes that made no sense. Him being a sidekick for Laura was a decent role but he damn sure shouldn't be in no lead spot. He's no charismatic or endearing enough for that. He doesn't belief in anything. They brought Rogue to his singles book...no confusion over the love triangle stuff and still no one cared. Just another angst situation. Yes. David never should of had this guy as a pop character like Carey did for Rogue. He's got no plot threads left.

I think with some books they should do a straight to trade paperback. Like when movies go straight to dvd. The books that Marvel feels it is taking a chance on release the first arc in trade paperback and see how it does. According to the sales then maybe release it as a monthly.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Loved Giandomenico's artwork in this book -- reminded me of Aeon Flux.
    That probably explains my distaste for it, Aeon Flux always had hideous character designs, imo. It's fine for an indie comic, but don't put that style of artist on a low-tier selling Marvel book and NOT expect to do indie comic sales figures. (Captain Marvel and She-Hulk take note.)

BANNED

Readers are to blame, not writing? Tsk, tsk. Giandomenico art was wasted on this.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    That probably explains my distaste for it, Aeon Flux always had hideous character designs, imo. It's fine for an indie comic, but don't put that style of artist on a low-tier selling Marvel book and NOT expect to do indie comic sales figures. (Captain Marvel and She-Hulk take note.)
    Fair enough -- I can see where his work wouldn't be for everyone.

Fact is, most of the top-tier "mainstream" Marvel artists wind up getting shifted over the Avengers line or only working on Bendis books (Opena, Immonen, Coipel, Pichelli, Bachalo, etc) so Giandomnico was probably one of the best options available to work on this title.

Anyway, I still put most of the blame on the casting in general, and Ramsey in specific.

I hate to say this because I can't stand the character. But what about Rachel (instead of Forge because the future has changed) heading up an X.S.E. title?! She could take up her a new codename as the "Hound" and go around policing mutants.

Her team could consist of:

Rachel-Leader and the tracking and team telepath.
    Dazzler-Got some actions that she want's justified. Never want's to see what happen to her happen to anyone else.
    Bishop-Big ass guns and is there to try and redeem his past actions.
    Frenzy-Because she need to be somewhere and a little more fleshed out. Team powerhouse.
    Justice-Previous Avenger. Will bring a sense of legitimacy.
    Armor-There for her "Advanced" training.
    Chamber-Because he has nothing better to do.

Blindfold and Sage could work as HQ.
    Last edited by blinkingblah; 10-03-2014 at 12:06 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    I hate to say this because I can't stand the character. But what about Rachel (instead of Forge because the future has changed) heading up an X.S.E. title?! She could take up her a new codename as the "Hound" and go around policing mutants.

Her team could consist of:

Rachel-Leader and the tracking and team telepath.
    Dazzler-Got some actions that she want's justified. Never want's to see what happen to her happen to anyone else.
    Bishop-Big ass guns and is there to try and redeem his past actions.
    Frenzy-Because she need to be somewhere and a little more fleshed out. Team powerhouse.
    Justice-Previous Avenger. Will bring a sense of legitimacy.
    Armor-There for her "Advanced" training.
    Chamber-Because he has nothing better to do.

Blindfold and Sage could work as HQ.
    That team makes too much sense -- everyone knows it's much more entertaining to read about Gambit pickpocketing random strangers in the lobby of his new workplace and Danger propositioning Lorna for sex.

Not to mention the fact that you actually have a few people of color (not named Storm) in your lineup featured in prominent positions, and that's strictly a no-go in the X-Titles these days.

Rogue as POV character and team leader. Gambit can tag along and be her shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    That team makes too much sense -- everyone knows it's much more entertaining to read about Gambit pickpocketing random strangers in the lobby of his new workplace and Danger propositioning Lorna for sex.

Not to mention the fact that you actually have a few people of color (not named Storm) in your lineup featured in prominent positions, and that's strictly a no-go in the X-Titles these days.
    LMAO okay i'll switch out Armor for Kymera and Bishop for Storm and Frenzy for a clone of Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Siena Blaze View Post
    Rogue as POV character and team leader. Gambit can tag along and be her shadow.
    Been there done that, it was called Xmen Legacy.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

I'd have to add Blink to my team as the team teleporter. She would mostly hang with Sage and Blindfold at HQ til the team needs to be picked up.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    Been there done that, it was called Xmen Legacy.
    And it was horrible.

Incredible Member

I have to say, the art was one of my least favorite things about this book. While I was well drawn, the color scheme was really hard on the eyes. As for casting, I really believe they were good picks, with the exception of Quicksilver. He just sort of stole the spotlight, which hurt the book for me really. All the others were marginalized characters who really needed a place they could be presented as heroes, and prove themselves. A lot of the story seemed to revolve around that idea. Right from the start with Wolverine casting out Gambit, Lorna finally in a position of respect after being dumped off a cliff as a drunken rageaholic, and Doug a suicidal mess. The bots were kind of just thrown in there, which is alittle sad, but like their human allies, they too needed a place to show their worth. Quicksilver didn't need that. He has a standing position in the Avengers, which he's going right back to after this run, even after blowing off Havok here. This should have been all about the others getting a fair shake for a Change. It really disappoints me that isn't really what we've gotten so far.