Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    And it was horrible.
    You aren't kidding. It's why we don't need to repeat it.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Fantastic Member

Rogue, Colossus, Pixie, Polaris, Surge, Caliban (bring him back)

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    maybe a new X-factor book could be like a "Mutants for Hire" premise? An kind of temp agency where mutants are hired onto various MU teams that need extra firepower, respectively, or need specialized mutant help for certain tasks or missions? it could chronicle individual mutants and their respective missions but overall the book would be about whoever are in charge, keeping an eye on the temps that they hire out. Husk would fit well into this environment.
    Something like this. X-Factor definitely needs to get back to the streets. The corporate angle wasn't doing it for me. Chamber is the prime character I like for this tho.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Something like this. X-Factor definitely needs to get back to the streets. The corporate angle wasn't doing it for me. Chamber is the prime character I like for this tho.
    I like it! I still don't understand why mutants like blink aren't rolling in the dough. Charging people for immediate transportation wherever they want to go.

teleporting mutants should get together and form a company like UBER...

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vitamin View Post
    Readers are to blame, not writing? Tsk, tsk. Giandomenico art was wasted on this.
    LOL, like we chose that mindnumbingly uninspired cast of characters?

It's taking the piss to think that Gambit's going to succeed where his titular book JUST failed, albeit now surrounded by even more detritus and c-list.

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    I hate to say this because I can't stand the character. But what about Rachel (instead of Forge because the future has changed) heading up an X.S.E. title?! She could take up her a new codename as the "Hound" and go around policing mutants.

Her team could consist of:

Rachel-Leader and the tracking and team telepath.
    Dazzler-Got some actions that she want's justified. Never want's to see what happen to her happen to anyone else.
    Bishop-Big ass guns and is there to try and redeem his past actions.
    Frenzy-Because she need to be somewhere and a little more fleshed out. Team powerhouse.
    Justice-Previous Avenger. Will bring a sense of legitimacy.
    Armor-There for her "Advanced" training.
    Chamber-Because he has nothing better to do.

Blindfold and Sage could work as HQ.
    There's a lot of characters there who I have no interest in, but that is an awesome premise. I'd definitely read it!

Quote Originally Posted by Spasticat View Post
    There's a lot of characters there who I have no interest in, but that is an awesome premise. I'd definitely read it!
    LOL
    Thanks and I don't even like 4 out of the 7 but for some reason I think it could work. Frenzy is still an unknown so I am not even sure about her either.

I'd keep Polaris, Gambit, Quicksilver and Danger and add Sabretooth, Frenzy and Forge. I'd have them be run by S.H.I.E.L.D. as a sort of mutant "Suicide Squad". Outlaws working for the government against their will, except the team's existence would be VERY publicised. Maria Hill would want them to be a simbol that humans and the government can control mutants, even wildcards like Sabretooth.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing Gambit return to the school in Amazing to honor Wolverine.. he, Nightcrawler, and Iceman would be a cool pairing with Storm, Firestar, Rachel, and whoever else.

If the book relaunches again, I hope it's basically a New Mutants team.
    Would be better to relaunch New Mutants then, no?

BANNED

Well, this is the first I'm hearing about cancellation... very disappointing while WatXM, Amazing and the female book all plod on directionless and not as good as this book.

Fantastic Member

original idea:

Let's make the 05 appearing in All-New X-men into the New X-Factor. It worked the first time around.

There's a lot of unwarranted Doug hate in this thread.

The cast was good and different combination style from what we've seen before.
    Seeing the different character interactions in a new setting was interesting.

From what I can see, a lot of the ideas in this thread just seem to be requests for more of what we already have or rehashed of teams we've had before?

BANNED

My team for All-New X-Factor!

Leader: Multiple Man
    Members:
    Gambit
    Polaris
    Shatterstar
    Dazzler
    Bishop
    Captain Britain

BANNED

I say go back to the team that made them popular in the first place.
    Havok
    Polaris,
    Quicksilver,
    Madrox,
    Wolfsbane,
    and Strong Guy.
    These characters have all gone through utter hell since their time as a team and it would be fun to see them come back together and try to heal as they did when they were originally brought together. It won't happen, most likely, but this is the team that could make people attentive toward the brand once more.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xargukon View Post
    There's a lot of unwarranted Doug hate in this thread.

The cast was good and different combination style from what we've seen before.
    Seeing the different character interactions in a new setting was interesting.

From what I can see, a lot of the ideas in this thread just seem to be requests for more of what we already have or rehashed of teams we've had before?
    For the record, while I'd say my "hate" of Doug is warranted, I'll likewise admit that he has potential. The writers just need to stop trying to make him something that he isn't (a fighter, a hacker, etc) and focus on using his power over languages -- and subsequently speech -- more effectively. Put him in a good relationship with someone (that isn't Warlock) who helps him build up his self-esteem and let him focus on his strengths instead of sitting around complaining all of the time about everything under the sun.

I don't read stories to see characters constantly whine about what they can't do -- Spiderman (for example) usually has all kinds of problems in his life, but he takes them on like a true hero and usually makes jokes about them in the process. Maybe PAD was going in this direction, maybe not.

But the fact remains that obviously something about this book -- and this cast -- didn't "click" despite all the protests to the contrary.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 10-04-2014 at 08:46 AM.