Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    I do have a nitpick from the issue. What was up with the Thunderer going into that crazy form when the hooded man showed. In the past Lei Kung has always been reserved and had a efficient fighting style. I would not think he would be one to waste energy by performing a form before a potential fight. I know that Andrews was probably paying homage to the old school kung fu movies that would have a fighter do that but I just never saw the Thunderer doing that.

That said the story does have an epic kung fu movie feel to it thus far and that I do like.
    Totally. He's teased us with some good fight scenes; now I'm ready for some killer splash pages and all-out action!

So, I asked Kaare Andrews about the Thunderer situation. He confirmed she is indeed Orson Randall's daughter, and that Lei Kung referring to her as his daughter will make sense next issue.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

lol, sometimes you just have to wait and let the story happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    lol, sometimes you just have to wait and let the story happen.
    Given the way the K'un Lun setup post-Immortal Iron Fist has been mostly disregarded everywhere else, I just wanted to make sure she was the same character and not a previously unseen daughter for Lei Kung. Not really an essential part of the story, though.

Well, I'm more sold on the story than I was before, but now I'm less sold on the art. All I want is some clean art, and while the last page was cool, the rest of it was anything but.
    The future of mankind is not 10 billion people fighting over a single planet, but rather 100 billion people spread among the stars.

Quote Originally Posted by themortalfist View Post
    Hey! Good to see you here too! OK, you're making me feel a little bit better about his OVERALL motivation. Yes, you're spot-on. He never really got his revenge. So that motivation has been dormant, and I totally support that. I just wish it didn't come with mommy issues!

I thought the same thing when I read the issue. What mom would yell at their 9 year old to get revenge for killing her husband instead of saying "I will make you pay for killing my husband"? Also Andrews made Wendell a little too crazy about getting back to K'un L'un compared to other representation of this scene in the past. In fact both of Danny's parents seemed a little crazy in the first two issues. I always thought that Meachum clearly cut the rope that Wendell was hanging from. Is Andrews saying that Danny remembered it wrong in the past?
    I don't think Andrews changed the fact Meachum cut the rope. The only thing that really did change was adding a little crazy to Danny's father. It's a big change, don't get me wrong, but I think it's leading to something. My theory is that Danny may be slowly losing it (especially after the end of issue #2), and we'll see those "crazy eyes" on him soon. His father was overly obsessive about finding K'un L'un. We never looked into that obsession too much, it's very well possible it could've started to drive him crazy, though I get the concern about changing things like that. I still only consider it a mild retcon though.

The line Danny's mom gave him just seemed out of place, I'll agree with you guys on that.

As for Orson's daughter, I wrote it off as the Thunderer adopting her as his own.

Also, anyone hear any news on the Immortal Weapons appearing anytime soon?

Quote Originally Posted by DeShawnstantine View Post
    His father was overly obsessive about finding K'un L'un. We never looked into that obsession too much, it's very well possible it could've started to drive him crazy, though I get the concern about changing things like that. I still only consider it a mild retcon though.

The line Danny's mom gave him just seemed out of place, I'll agree with you guys on that.

As for Orson's daughter, I wrote it off as the Thunderer adopting her as his own.

Also, anyone hear any news on the Immortal Weapons appearing anytime soon?
    The line from Danny's mom almost seemed so off that I wonder if it ever even happened. It might be the way Danny personally remembers things due to his survivor's guilt. I think Kaare is definitely attempting to make the night the Rands died purposefully ambiguous, perhaps because Danny still has something to learn about what actually happened.

I assumed that Danny, Davos, and Sparrow were the sons and daughter that Yu-Ti spoke of, as they are all his "children" either by blood, legacy, or symbolically.

I believe Kaare has said he has no current plans for the Immortal Weapons; hopefully we'll see them eventually if sales are strong enough during this arc. I love the mythology that IIF gave us!

-Pav, whose first guess as to the identity of the Hooded Bad Guy is none other than Wendell Rand...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Mighty Member

Oh by the way, didn't the egg hatch in the Avengers v X-Men series? I remember the dragon, Shao Lao, being too young to fight the phoenix. I guess that must be a retcon. So I wonder if the hooded figure has the egg now. What roll will Davos play in this? So many questions, I am anxiously waiting the next issue. And that is good considering how long we had to wait to get this series. Long live Iron Fist, the Living Weapon. May we get at least 50 issue of this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    -Pav, whose first guess as to the identity of the Hooded Bad Guy is none other than Wendell Rand...
    You know what they say; no body, no death.

Oh by the way, didn't the egg hatch in the Avengers v X-Men series? I remember the dragon, Shao Lao, being too young to fight the phoenix. I guess that must be a retcon. So I wonder if the hooded figure has the egg now. What roll will Davos play in this? So many questions, I am anxiously waiting the next issue. And that is good considering how long we had to wait to get this series. Long live Iron Fist, the Living Weapon. May we get at least 50 issue of this series.
    Let's overlook what happened in AvX. A lot of damage was done to the Iron Fist mythos... I much prefer this story.

Mighty Member

Let's overlook what happened in AvX. A lot of damage was done to the Iron Fist mythos... I much prefer this story.
    With this story we have to overlook it. I tell you I am experiencing event fatique with Marvel. I know it sells well and that is why the continue to produce them, but they have a tendency to job characters that are not A-listers.

Fantastic Member

I'm thinking maybe when The Avengers went through the portal to K'un Lun it was in some unspecified point in the past, but I'm just getting a headache coming up with a reasonable excuse so I'll leave it alone.

Anyhow, the thing that kept bothering me about this story was Ninjas since they are apart of Japanese lore. I'm also wondering if the Cyber Ninjas are tied to Master Khan's silent enforcer the Ninja since he was the one who killed Harold Meachum.

I'm also wondering who the hooded guy was? It's definitely a person Lei Kung knows. I'm just wondering if it's someone we seen in the past.

Too bad Ward Meachum isn't around and Joy Meachum made peace with Daniel Rand.

Fantastic Member

Does anyone think that Heather Rand and Harold Meachum had an affair? I would like to see this expounded upon. Hmmmm? What if it turned out Iron Fist was actually Harold Meachum's son? Naw!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    The line from Danny's mom almost seemed so off that I wonder if it ever even happened. It might be the way Danny personally remembers things due to his survivor's guilt. I think Kaare is definitely attempting to make the night the Rands died purposefully ambiguous, perhaps because Danny still has something to learn about what actually happened.

I assumed that Danny, Davos, and Sparrow were the sons and daughter that Yu-Ti spoke of, as they are all his "children" either by blood, legacy, or symbolically.

I believe Kaare has said he has no current plans for the Immortal Weapons; hopefully we'll see them eventually if sales are strong enough during this arc. I love the mythology that IIF gave us!

I believe that was a lot of people's fist guess since Wendell fell into the abyss.

What's with the wings on Shou-Lao anyway? I know Danny's dragon-brand always had wings, but I thought the dragon itself was wingless.