Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Darthfury, I may regret asking this, but why did you think that combination of antagonist and writer would work so effectively on a Doc Ock monthly?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Darthfury, I may regret asking this, but why did you think that combination of antagonist and writer would work so effectively on a Doc Ock monthly?
    I could see Marvel allowing Dan Slott to make Doc Ock an anti-hero who works hard to redeem himself in the eyes if the law. Not to mention that he gets control of Parker Industries by blackmailing Peter into it. In addition, Slott could use this angle to re-establish his relationship with Anna Maria, even though it might be a very tough act to follow. I would love to see Doc Ock work with Marvel's best intellectual minds as well as make him into a unique hero in his own right, like the Punisher.

It's a fact that Dan Slott loves Doc Ock, which is why he made all of Peter's friends look dumb so that he could make his story last longer. And we can give thanks to the Editors who have agreed to look the other way and allow Dan Slott unprecedented control over Spider-Man and his related characters.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 05-13-2014 at 10:44 AM.

Astonishing Member

I do. I really enjoyed SpOck.

Nope not at all. It was a fine read but it is over. I do look forward to Doc Ock returning as a villain or I don't mind the suggestion that Darthfury has.

BANNED

I'd theorize that the way Otto returns is that, after Peter reveals to Anna that it wasn't him who she fell in love with, but Otto Octavius in his body, Anna will attempt to resurrect Otto in order to bring the man she loves back to life. Anna would find Otto's body, and find a way to restore his memories and bring him back to life. However, this wouldn't be the Otto who she fell in love with, but the megalomaniacal supervillain who wanted to destroy the world and doesn't recognize Anna. This would essentially allow the reset button to be hit on Otto and to bring him back to being a supervillain and erasing his knowledge of Peter's duel life.

Granted, this is way out there, so I sincerely doubt that is the way they'll go.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMacQuarrie1 View Post
    I'd theorize that the way Otto returns is that, after Peter reveals to Anna that it wasn't him who she fell in love with, but Otto Octavius in his body, Anna will attempt to resurrect Otto in order to bring the man she loves back to life. Anna would find Otto's body, and find a way to restore his memories and bring him back to life. However, this wouldn't be the Otto who she fell in love with, but the megalomaniacal supervillain who wanted to destroy the world and doesn't recognize Anna. This would essentially allow the reset button to be hit on Otto and to bring him back to being a supervillain and erasing his knowledge of Peter's duel life.

Granted, this is way out there, so I sincerely doubt that is the way they'll go.
    Otto's body was missing before Otto 'died' in Parker's body, so it's not that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Otto's body was missing before Otto 'died' in Parker's body, so it's not that.
    I forgot to add that bit in my hypothesis. I think she'd "find" the body or the person who abducted it would bring her in.

Or none of this happens and I'm completely wrong again.

All-New Member The Amazing Spider-Man's Avatar

I won't. I think he has run his course.

Both as a villain and as the 'superior' Spider-Man.

I enjoyed the first few issues, sure, but I was dismayed at how rushed the last issue was. I'm glad there'll be additional closure of the character with two remaining issues of Superior Spider-Man.

So, now that Ock's back in August does this make this issue kinda obsolete?

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts View Post
    So, now that Ock's back in August does this make this issue kinda obsolete?
    Not really. It's essentially an untold tale, and we were going to get a few of those with Ock.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Yep, he was my favorite Spidey villain and now second favorite Spider-man (sorry, Ben).

Looking forward to new Superior in August.

Well, as he says on his return to the present, he'll find a way, we haven't heard the last of Doctor what.

He came back from the dead once, so I'm guessing the villainous Doc Ock will be back by the time the Sinister Six movie comes out at least, and hopefully SpOck will be as tough to delete as Peter was.

I will. Superior Spidey was one of my first comic books. I would have much preferred a continuation in an alternate reality where SpOck put down the Goblin Nation and we see him live out the rest of his life as SpOck. Sounds better to me than having one running around in 2099.

BANNED

I don't miss Otto, and I for one am loathing his return in August. He doesn't deserve to wear the name Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVenom View Post
    I don't miss Otto, and I for one am loathing his return in August. He doesn't deserve to wear the name Spider-Man.
    So you hate what if books or alternate universe stories where Peter isnt the same as the Peter in the 616 too right? Wouldnt the same 'doesn't deserve to wear the name Spider-man' critique still apply?

Otto never deserved the name. That was the point of the story. Its what made it fun to read.