Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    I'm pretty confident that Doc Ock will return, as Marvel has killed him off before and they realized he was just too good of a villain to keep dead. Not to mention, we still have yet to find out what really happened to Doc Ock's body and who dug up and robbed his grave.

What I'm hoping for is Doc Ock will still retain all his memories of when he was in Peter's body, but, given how he's an insane megalomaniac, he might believe that Peter has ruined all the "opportunity" and "gifts" that Doc Ock "gave" him. He could even go into a classic villain monologue when he next confronts Spidey along the lines of: "I gave you everything, arachnid. A doctorate from a prestigious university. A company that was on the cutting edge of science and technology to rival that of Stark Enterprises that would've made you billions. Equipment that made you into the greatest and most efficient crime-fighter this city has ever known. The love of a kind, intelligent, beautiful woman. And you squandered it all! I see now that I misjudged you, Parker. The world was indeed better off without you in it. And because I gave you life, it is now my responsibility to take it from you!" To which Spidey respond with "Are you insane?! You stole my life! It wasn't yours to give in the first place!"

That's how I think Doctor Octopus could potentially become a villain again without getting rid of all the development he underwent during Superior Spider-Man, IMO.
    That is an awesome idea. To answer the OP I'll miss him as a Villain but not much else.

I just read Superior Spidey #6.AU or however it is spelled. Gage wrote it. Nearly perfect exploration of Otto in a post-apocalyptic scenario. It's almost scary how he just forms a new masterplan and comes close to ruling the world by controlling Ultron's armies. Awesome.

Ock's real body is still missing, so I'm assuming he'll be back somehow, especially with a Sinister Six movie in the works. But SpOck thought he had deleted Peter and he came back, so SpOck still has a way back. Plus there's the whole time travel stuff. Who knows how long he was bouncing around time for or where he went.

I'm just hoping we se SpOck vs Ock at some point.

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    I'm pretty confident that Doc Ock will return, as Marvel has killed him off before and they realized he was just too good of a villain to keep dead. Not to mention, we still have yet to find out what really happened to Doc Ock's body and who dug up and robbed his grave.

What I'm hoping for is Doc Ock will still retain all his memories of when he was in Peter's body, but, given how he's an insane megalomaniac, he might believe that Peter has ruined all the "opportunity" and "gifts" that Doc Ock "gave" him. He could even go into a classic villain monologue when he next confronts Spidey along the lines of: "I gave you everything, arachnid. A doctorate from a prestigious university. A company that was on the cutting edge of science and technology to rival that of Stark Enterprises that would've made you billions. Equipment that made you into the greatest and most efficient crime-fighter this city has ever known. The love of a kind, intelligent, beautiful woman. And you squandered it all! I see now that I misjudged you, Parker. The world was indeed better off without you in it. And because I gave you life, it is now my responsibility to take it from you!" To which Spidey respond with "Are you insane?! You stole my life! It wasn't yours to give in the first place!"

That's how I think Doctor Octopus could potentially become a villain again without getting rid of all the development he underwent during Superior Spider-Man, IMO.
    So. Much. Win. I'd love to see this.
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dexy View Post
    I'm just hoping we se SpOck vs Ock at some point.
    Well we kind of saw that in Arms of the Octopus where he punched himself in the face.

For me, Doc Ock is one of my favorite villains so Superior Spider-man was a real treat for me. I actually found his mannerisms to be a bit funnier than pete's normal behavior. But i guess that was mainly due to the fact that he was attempting to do good but could not stop acting like a supervillain. Not only in that he did darker things but the way he thought and spoke was still cliche villain lingo.

I really hope we see a Superior Spiderman during Spiderverse. Probably from a universe where Goblin Nation either didn't happen, was postponed, or Otto stopped it. (The Green Goblin is a villain that I would have no qualms with Otto beating and then executing) That could be a moment for that Otto/Pete confrontation everyone is clamoring for. And I'd get some more Superior Spiderman. Lol maybe Otto could give Pete tips about how to make Parker Industries work.

My first thought was that Otto will come back minus his memories of the SSM and will wind up threatening 'peter's' new girlfriend of Anna Maria. This will force Peter to dredge up Otto's memories and 'upload' them back to Otto in some form.

Superior Spider-fan Agent Scarlet's Avatar

Thinking about it, I'd love to see him come back as both spOck and a villain.

Fantastic Member

I'm mostly sad Pete never got a really good return match with Ock. Ock murdered him like twice, then just sort of gave up the ghost before Pete could have a return match.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitheringToot View Post
    That's why him giving up at the end really upset me ... Otto Octavius has NEVER been a quitter.
    Think of it this way: He didn't give up. He didn't quit. He won, using the only method at his disposal, doing something that his enemy would never suspect he was capable of.

I loved Superior Spider-Man, every page of it, but I'll admit there was also never a time I wasn't looking forward to Peter coming back... and the series ended exactly the way it needed to, and better than I thought it would. And now, I'm really looking forward to Otto coming back; with the movie, this seems inevitable.

But really? When he comes back, I hope he comes back as a hero. Not as the Superior Spider-Man, but as the Superior Doctor Octopus, having learned both from Peter's memories and from his own experiences as Spider-Man and wanting to make up for his crimes.

Because Superior Spider-Man ended on one hell of a moral victory, both for Peter and for Otto, and bringing Otto back as a villain again would diminish it.

Quote Originally Posted by FaerieGodfather View Post
    Think of it this way: He didn't give up. He didn't quit. He won, using the only method at his disposal, doing something that his enemy would never suspect he was capable of.

I loved Superior Spider-Man, every page of it, but I'll admit there was also never a time I wasn't looking forward to Peter coming back... and the series ended exactly the way it needed to, and better than I thought it would. And now, I'm really looking forward to Otto coming back; with the movie, this seems inevitable.

But really? When he comes back, I hope he comes back as a hero. Not as the Superior Spider-Man, but as the Superior Doctor Octopus, having learned both from Peter's memories and from his own experiences as Spider-Man and wanting to make up for his crimes.

Because Superior Spider-Man ended on one hell of a moral victory, both for Peter and for Otto, and bringing Otto back as a villain again would diminish it.
    This. And Otto, not a quitter? since when? XD

He /won/. He did what he set out to do. He saved Anna Maria. That was all he really cared about in the end. I realize people are frustrated that Peter didn't get a 'clean win' over Otto, but did he really need one? Everything Otto built went down in flames without Peter Parker having to do a single thing. Otto destroyed himself all on his own. Peter won that way. I'm sure that when Otto comes back, Peter'll get his chance to beat up Otto Octavius again before all is said and done, but, honestly, Peter has already been proven Otto's superior in every possible way. What would be the point?

I think a 'The Superior Doctor Octopus' title could be a blast. xD

Put Gage on it and let him and Slott have a blast with the inevitable team up/fighting, and we're gonna get some of that in Spiderverse anyways. xD

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

I would love if Marvel use Dr Octopus as a heroic villain again,using minions to fight threats or imposing his own sense of justice.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Edwards View Post
    Same.

I liked him for a time as Spider-Man, but his story for me had ran it's course by the 9th issue. I would honestly like to see him as a villain again as regressive as that may sound.

He was a great villain for Spider-Man and honestly, I still feel he got off far too easy for his crimes in near complete human eradication. I'm still irked by that and I hope Slott doesn't just let him off the hook.
    Reread those first 9, the stories are weak individually but together it's pretty solid

BANNED

I'm fairly certain Dan Slott will probably bring him back sometime in the near future. He probably has already laid a few seeds down to bring Otto back and will have it as a major storyarc before he's done.

BANNED

C,mon, be serious! Nobody will miss Doc Ock because they will find SOME way to bring him back...IF they want to.

Astonishing Member

I would love to see a Dr. Ock ongoing series with Dan Slott at the helm.

And his opponent is: