Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ironman2978 View Post
    I'm not afraid to say I'm still a little hesitant on getting this book. At least Jimmy has a reason for not getting a good shot of Superman more on Superman moving too fast instead of Jimmy messing up somehow and getting Superman to stand still for a shot. It's look kind of interesting and I'm kind of glad Geoff is keeping in continuity but yeah...I would want to read reviews or something first.
    Yeah, I must say that this "call back" to the inept Jimmy Johns was writing in his previous Superman run kinda worries me. Hated that version of the character. A bit early to say anything with certainty, though.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

I dunno, like ironman said, it really wasn't anything Jimmy did wrong here. Its not like he tripped over his shoelaces or something and missed the shot. I thought he was actually portrayed here pretty cunning in how he got right in there and found a way to snap the shot; it was just bad luck that Superman was going really fast and all he got was blur.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I dunno, like ironman said, it really wasn't anything Jimmy did wrong here. Its not like he tripped over his shoelaces or something and missed the shot. I thought he was actually portrayed here pretty cunning in how he got right in there and found a way to snap the shot; it was just bad luck that Superman was going really fast and all he got was blur.
    I'm not sure how you can say it portrays him as "cunning", when we have no idea how he got here, but anyway. I mean, all we see him do is boasting a bit about how this shot is "his great chance", because messing up.
    That being said, his previous "inept Jimmy" never did anything explicitely wrong either. It was a combination of bas luck and bad timing that always left him being the joke of the profession because he only had Superman's boot to offer to his editor.

:shrug: I just thought he looked good being in the thick of a fight, keeping his cool and doing what he came there to do. Hiding yet making use of his devices to get the shot seems crafty to me. Doesn't matter to me how he got there.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-10-2014 at 05:03 AM.

:shrug: I just thought he looked good being in the thick of a fight, keeping his cool and doing what he came there to do. Hiding yet making use of his devices to get the shot seems crafty to me. Doesn't matter to me how he got there.
    Would have looked better had his clever use of his device actually gave him the shot, wouldn't it?

Not to me, really. Kid can't help it if Superman is simply moving too fast to be clearly seen.

Not to me, really. Kid can't help it if Superman is simply moving too fast to be clearly seen.
    You would think he would be aware of what speed Superman can reach. What with him being his pal and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    You would think he would be aware of what speed Superman can reach. What with him being his pal and all.
    Isn't Jimmy more of Clark's pal than Superman in the new52?

Yup. They did a 180 there, no real indication he's had many run-ins with Superman at all in this continuity.

Extraordinary Member

Default So, now that we've seen it: what do you think of the Geoff Johns Superman preview?

I, for one, liked what I saw. It was also great to see that at least some stuff from Pre-New 52 still happened. Also, anyone who is still worried over JRJR on art should definitely check this out. The art is great. It's distinctive and fresh looking without being jarring or distracting to the story.

It got me pretty excited for it. JRJR's art really stands out for the better, and I'm glad that Lobdell's finally off the book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Short of DC rebooting the actual Universe people will still love the original costume.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I'm more intrigued by the one before that says 'Superman Dead'.

BANNED

I'm sorry but in this day and age of realistic comics you just can't have a giant gorilla robot. That's not realistic.

How is Jimmy supposed to starve? Didn't he just inherit close to a billion dollars?