What X-Men related series or story arc would you love to see Fox or Marvel explore, but you know it's just never gonna happen?

Personally, I'd love an Excalibur movie, but it's not happening because:

1. They'd probably have to spend time and money developing Captain Britain and no studio would ever pick up a Captain Britain movie within the forseeable future
2. Fox and Marvel would fight like cats and dogs over who gets the rights (Fox owns X-Men characters, Marvel studios owns everyone else)
3. So far, they've barely introduced Nightcrawler as anything more than a catalyst for the plotline of X2 (though he was kickass in that fight scene)
4. No way they're going to attempt to explain why Rachel Summers exists as an adult along with Kitty and Nightcrawler.
5. I haven't read past Claremont's run yet, I've heard it gets darker, but most of the plot lines seem a little too wacky to work realistically with. Guardians of the Galaxy barely scraped past the "too kooky" limbo stick, IMO.
6. They might not want to make a movie about a series that ended years ago for financial reasons (wanting people to pick up current comics, if Marvel got the rights)

Kitty is the only very established character they could work with (thanks DOFP!), but I don't know if Ellen Page draws in a crowd like Hugh Jackman. From a technical and monetary standpoint, it would be much too large a gamble to make an Excalibur film.