Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default What X-Movie would you love to see, but they'll never make?

What X-Men related series or story arc would you love to see Fox or Marvel explore, but you know it's just never gonna happen?

Personally, I'd love an Excalibur movie, but it's not happening because:

1. They'd probably have to spend time and money developing Captain Britain and no studio would ever pick up a Captain Britain movie within the forseeable future
    2. Fox and Marvel would fight like cats and dogs over who gets the rights (Fox owns X-Men characters, Marvel studios owns everyone else)
    3. So far, they've barely introduced Nightcrawler as anything more than a catalyst for the plotline of X2 (though he was kickass in that fight scene)
    4. No way they're going to attempt to explain why Rachel Summers exists as an adult along with Kitty and Nightcrawler.
    5. I haven't read past Claremont's run yet, I've heard it gets darker, but most of the plot lines seem a little too wacky to work realistically with. Guardians of the Galaxy barely scraped past the "too kooky" limbo stick, IMO.
    6. They might not want to make a movie about a series that ended years ago for financial reasons (wanting people to pick up current comics, if Marvel got the rights)

Kitty is the only very established character they could work with (thanks DOFP!), but I don't know if Ellen Page draws in a crowd like Hugh Jackman. From a technical and monetary standpoint, it would be much too large a gamble to make an Excalibur film.
    You want to read good X-Men fanfics?
    https://www.fanfiction.net/~pantiara

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

The mutant massacar or Inferno.

Storm-led team trilogy.

Movie 1) Angel kidnapped, taken underground. The X-Men go to get him, almost are beaten. Storm battles Callisto for Morlock leadership, stabs her in the heart. Offers them safe haven at the mansion, they don't want to go. Tag: Mr. Sinister has been watching the tunnels, pan over to see Gambit and the Marauders.

Movie 2)Mutant Massacre. Slaughter the Morlocks, Storm has crisis of faith. X-Men take heavy casualties, including Storm loosing her powers! They save a few of the Morlocks. Epic Sabretooth vs. Wolverine battle. Tag: Forge is working for the government as part of Freedom Force(and Sinister unbeknownst to them), goes to help Storm.

Movie 3) Fall of the Mutants. Storm on the process of regaining her powers, Wolverine leads the team against Freedom Force, who then team up to fight the Adversary. Storm and Forge get back just in time to turn the tide, Forge must sacrifice the X-Men to banish the Adversary. Tag: Roma revives the team, they go to the Outback. Second Tag: Mr. Sinister reports to Apocalypse!

Second trilogy based on the Outback era/the Twelve.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

An animated film based on the Demon Bear Saga.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

BANNED

X-Men/Alpha Flight

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

A movie covering from the end of Mutant Massacre to Fall of the Mutants, with an Outback sequel.

I mean they could do it, but they'd make it Wolverine centric. Like it's just him and Storm, and he's the one with the relationship with Forge.

Mutant Massacre. The Messiah trilogy is also a great idea. But yeah, Mutant Massacre.

And for a Magneto solo: A movie based on Magneto Testament. Even if the movie would need a bit more action to entertaing the majority of the viewers.

Inferno!!!
    Followed closely by Mutant Massacre and Second Coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I'm confused as to why everyone says they'll never make a mutant massacre themed movie... actually I'd say it's a good bet they'll use the basis of that storyline for the Gambit solo flick coming up. It's either that or his Bella Donna drama, probably. But it wouldn't have all the x-men in it, naturally.
    You want to read good X-Men fanfics?
    https://www.fanfiction.net/~pantiara

I'd Like to see Astonishing X-Men. The whole Breakworld story Arc and Kitty getting blasted off in the bullet.

Amazing Member

Something using the Utopia/Now! team just so we can have a good new team to focus on rather than Wolverine again.

No, I've got it....would an Exiles Movie count as an X-Men movie.

Incredible Member

Well Fox has all movie rights for Excalibur which is unfortunate because it'll become another Wolverine fest

X-Cutioner's Song

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Not a movie, but a TV series based on the X-Men outlaw years. I.e., middle 80's, CC+JRJR+Paul Smith run, when they sometimes haven't got even a home and their adventures were close to street life. Something that could be developed largely in a realistic but enjoyable way, spending well-deserved time on every character.