Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by kid_omega_prime View Post
    ok so let me get this right... bm year one is first the the dkr and forget all star batman ? is that the just of it ?
    Depends on who you ask. Fans who have no love for ASBR (nor souls) will say it should be ignored. However if you ask Frank Miller who in the past has clearly stated his intentions...then he will say yeah it's supposed to form a set of books. And don't forget Dark Knight Strike Again!

Does anyone know why the trades for this never have issue 10?

I doubt there's a reason apart from them being the DC Trade Dept; boggling the mind as usual.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    Because people will still buy the incomplete one.

DC's collections seems based entirely in doing as minimal work as they can, which is why simple text or coloring errors can be reprinted edition to edition. The exceptions seem to be absolutes, though not always, and the rare omnibus.

The way the market is "good enough" is enough.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

ok so let me get this right... bm year one is first the the dkr and forget all star batman ? is that the just of it ?
    Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    Depends on who you ask. Fans who have no love for ASBR (nor souls) will say it should be ignored. However if you ask Frank Miller who in the past has clearly stated his intentions...then he will say yeah it's supposed to form a set of books. And don't forget Dark Knight Strike Again!
    I don't consider TDKR main continuity either. To me it isn't THE end to the Batman story, just a possible end (and a great story).

Year One happened, as it appeared in a main Batman ongoing and was regularly referenced in other books. Now it doesn't matter anyway because of the New 52.

It's true, I have no love for ASBR or souls.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

I love them all, in their own special ways, but I think DKSA is a better comic than DKR. Batman saving Flash from slavery, Superman and Wonder Woman from blackmail, and encouraging kids to put on crazy clothes and party at a concert because %)(*&#* the evil Luthor-run government! Poor apathetic J'onn. Cute-weird Saturn Girl. The Atom standing like a titan. Hal Jordan showing the full power of a Green Lantern. Batman, feet on the dash of the bat-jet, happy and smiling, after putting the fear into the join chiefs of staff with Catgirl.

Outside of the shift in perspective during the "I have a date with Bruce Wayne" scene, I have no significant problems with All-Star at all. Contextually, everything makes sense, and contextually, you should be able to understand anything disagreeable with Batman or most of the heroes in the story is transient. Robin's doomed, but everybody else is going to shape up and do right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    The Tpb for 1-9 came out before issue 10 when we still thought that issue 11-16 was going to come out eventually. They never bothered to add it in a second edition.

The only way to get all the issues in one collection is the absolute for $99,99
    http://www.amazon.com/Absolute-All-S...ll+star+Batman