Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddari View Post
    What I find weird is that we didn't get any alternate reality Cindy Moon in the "Edge of Spider-Verse" comics. Could it mean that she's the one spider who will make a difference for Earth-616?
    I am also surprised that we have yet to see an alternate reality Spider-Children, such as the daughter of Spider-Man & Black Cat(Next Avengers) who would have beaten some sense back to her mother's evil 616 counterpart.

In addition to Spider-Gwen, wouldn't it had been cool to have seen an alternate reality Spider-Woman whose real name was Natasha Romanov(bitten by the same radioactive spider on her spy mission as Madam Natasha)? Afterall, there is a Spider-Man whose identity is Dr. Bruce Banner. I wonder how a Spider-Woman version of Natasha Romanov would do, alongside her Black Widow military training and fighting skills?

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

What I find weird is that we didn't get any alternate reality Cindy Moon in the "Edge of Spider-Verse" comics. Could it mean that she's the one spider who will make a difference for Earth-616?
    Make a difference? In what way, exactly?

Incredible Member Highland Chicken's Avatar

We got spider-men variants and spider-women variants. also introducing a variant of a character that was just introduced 2 months ago would probably be considered too confusing.

I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    The question is what makes Cindy Moon so special as oppose to the Black Widow or Spider-Woman as Peter's partner?
    The the first part of the answer is nothing makes Silk special. The second part of the answer is Dan Slott either can't use BW/SW or doesn't want to use them.

I feel I said this before....
    What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

formerly 'saucemaster' saucemaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    There shouldn't ever be a relationship between Peter/Silk as they don't even love each other or even know each other at all. They're only attracted to each other because of Spider stuff that's outside their control.
    The Spider-Man/Silk hormone thing is is gross. Silk has been in solitary confinement for ten years, since she was a teen, and within minutes of getting out out she tries to have sex with the first man she sees because of 'spider hormones'.
    It's definitely on the icky end of the Mary Sue.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by emac1790 View Post
    The the first part of the answer is nothing makes Silk special. The second part of the answer is Dan Slott either can't use BW/SW or doesn't want to use them.

I feel I said this before....
    Considering how he feels about Spider-Man's relationship with a super heroine, I would say that he doesn't want to use either BW/SW. Slott might have also been responsible for killing off Peter's possible relationship with Carol Danvers, Silver Sable, and Black Cat. By the time his run ends, it'll be a very tough path for the next creative team to fix Peter's relationship mess.

BANNED

You can blame him for "ending" Peter's potential relationships with Silver Sable and Black Cat, but if you want to blame someone for ending the relationship with Carol Danvers, it wouldn't be Slott. If you want, maybe you could blame Kelly Sue DeConnick because she "dared" to allow Carol to be her own hero.

Yeah Why I'm not opposed to the Carol/Peter thing. I can understand why they chose not too go that route.

All-New Member

Make a difference? In what way, exactly?
    No idea, and that's why we read comics we can speculate all we want, but the answer is going to be on paper in the end.

Obviously we didn't get an alternate reality one because she had just been introduced, but there could be also an explanation in the story. Or, at least, I'd like to get one.

Time will tell I guess

Ps. Oh, and also, I might be mistaken, but didn't Morlun awaken when she was released from the bunker? There must be a connection between 616 spiders and the inheritors, or at least with Morlun.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    You can blame him for "ending" Peter's potential relationships with Silver Sable and Black Cat, but if you want to blame someone for ending the relationship with Carol Danvers, it wouldn't be Slott. If you want, maybe you could blame Kelly Sue DeConnick because she "dared" to allow Carol to be her own hero.
    I do not believe that Kelly Sue was ever interested with using Spider-Man in her stories in the first place. She never used him during her run on Avengers Assembled or her first Captain Marvel series, pass the first issue cameo. In addition, Kelly Sue never wanted to use Spider-Man in her first initial Captain Marvel series either because she might have wanted to use Jessica Drew instead. It was Stephen Wacker who like the idea of Carol Danvers and Peter Parker in a friendly relationship. It was he who convinced Kelly Sue to write Avenging Spider-Man #9 and #10, which took place after Captain Marvel #1. But with Carol's memory wipe, it doesn't really matter anymore. There is nothing wrong with Carol being her own hero as she always has been. The problem with Carol Danvers(at the moment) is that Kelly Sue took everyone away that made her special by wiping out her memories and made the character bland. I doubt that Carol even remembers her friendship with Peter Parker anymore. Otherwise she would have helped Peter to take down Morlun and his family.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 10-17-2014 at 11:42 AM.

BANNED

Has Carol actually gotten her memories back by this point, or was it that as soon as she lost her memories, you just never bothered to check to see if she ever got them back?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by emac1790 View Post
    She's going to take Black Cat's place in the comics, while Black Cat becomes an evil crime lord.

She'll marry Peter at the end of Spider-Verse and have a baby by next summer.

This will become a hit and Dan Slott will write Spider-Man until he dies.

Is Slott even interested with doing a Silk ongoing series?

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Is Slott even interested with doing a Silk ongoing series?
    I'm guessing since 6.5 years have passed since the last post on this the answer is no.

Astonishing Member

Silk has no importance to the Spidey mythos. I am indifferent about the character, but if she disappeared forever the books wouldn’t be affected.

I hope to see Cindy in the next cartoon movie, and the live action TV show. hopefully soon.