Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default The Theory of Silk's importance in the Spider-Verse

Considering how important Marvel feels about Silk, do you believe that the reason for that is because Cindy Moon's destine to become the Spider-Queen? Afterall, Silk is a cocoon. I have a feeling that Silk will give rise to the new Spider-Queen. Do you agree?

BANNED

I do think that it will be at least brought up as a possibility that may or may not come to pass. I'm not sure about the chances of it actually happening beyond that possibility being mentioned. The biggest point of the theory is that "replacement Spider-Man" foretold at the end of Spider-Island might be shown in Spider-Verse as a future son of Peter and Cindy. I highly doubt that things will go that far, though.

So… I believe it's her destiny, but I'm also not ready to commit to the idea it will be fulfilled. I hope that makes sense.

Incredible Member Highland Chicken's Avatar

I do think it has something to do with offspring, considering Morlun went after Patton only 3 days after he became a totem.

Astonishing Member

I think that Slott has big plans for Silk, which might become a game changer if she becomes the next Spider-Queen. Her self titled series will explore her origins as well as her future after learning the fate of her parents. As a potential Spider-Queen, Cindy Moon might become the character to unite all of the Spiders together, not including the Multi-Verse.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 10-15-2014 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I think that Slott has big plans for Silk, which might become a game changer if she becomes the next Spider-Queen. Her self titled series will explore her origins as well as her future after learning the fate of her parents. As a potential Spider-Queen, Cindy Moon might become the character to unite all of the Spiders together, not including the Multi-Verse.
    Possibly but i hope not, it would put too much importance on Cindy and it started off as Spider-Man, I would/could buy that the Spider Legacy is a Parker trait and Peter and Cindy's son/daughter will continue but if that i'm not weary of.
    Truth is the best policy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    Possibly but i hope not, it would put too much importance on Cindy and it started off as Spider-Man, I would/could buy that the Spider Legacy is a Parker trait and Peter and Cindy's son/daughter will continue but if that i'm not weary of.
    I do not think that Cindy's evolution will have anything to do with Peter Parker at all. I do not think that Peter will even be the father of Cindy's child. I do feel that Cindy is destine to become the Spider-Queen, which will not have Peter as her mate at all. Although this could be the case as part of Slott's last gift to all of us before he moves on to other endeavors. I personally feel that giving Peter Parker a love interest with a person who be doesn't even know will go the way of Carlie Cooper. But it's Marvel choice if they want to marry Peter and Cindy in the year 2017, which could very well be Slott's defining moment as they are keeping very quite about their relationship. I would think that Peter Parker x Jessica Drew would make for an interesting and dynamic couple than Peter and Cindy, who comes off as just another generic character.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 10-15-2014 at 02:05 AM.

I can't see them doing it - the whole Cindy/Peter thing. Why do you think they've had Anna show up as a convenient chaperone every time things get heated?
    Thinking like a pedantic internet troll (someone! help me!) for a moment, here's ONE (warped) way of looking at it:
    Person A is attracted to Person B due to reasons beyond their control. In this case, a bad case of spider-hormones (apparently).
    They get together, everything goes nicely, they eventually have kids, everyone is happy.
    Sooner or later, along comes some well-meaning but sadly deluded writer who thinks that the fans don't want this.
    At this point, it is revealed that it wasn't a bad case of Spider-Hormones, but really [fill in bad guy here].
    The fans then start screaming about how this is an abusive relationship, and Person A took advantage of Person B, and we have to retcon the baby, or Person B is a terrible person... sound familiar?

Eh. They could surprise me. I'll stick around and see.

She's Spider Hope Summers.

Fictional Computer Hacker August_Gorman's Avatar

Maybe she'll end up paired off with Kaine.
    ____

Currently Reading: The Amazing Spider-Man, Attack On Titan, Fight Club 2, On Guard We Stand, Ultimate End
    ____

Gus Gorman: "Hey, man!"
    Lorelei Ambrosia: "That's his last name. He likes to be called Superman."

I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

She's going to take Black Cat's place in the comics, while Black Cat becomes an evil crime lord.

She'll marry Peter at the end of Spider-Verse and have a baby by next summer.

This will become a hit and Dan Slott will write Spider-Man until he dies.

What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by emac1790 View Post
    She's going to take Black Cat's place in the comics, while Black Cat becomes an evil crime lord.

She'll marry Peter at the end of Spider-Verse and have a baby by next summer.

This will become a hit and Dan Slott will write Spider-Man until he dies.

The question is what makes Cindy Moon so special as oppose to the Black Widow or Spider-Woman as Peter's partner? Unlike Silk, Peter's friendship with the Black Widow and Spider-Woman is already built into their working relationship as either of them has the potential of becoming so much more. The Black Widow and Spider-Woman are very good alternates to the Black Cat because there are anti-heroes who always look out for Spider-Man's best interest. Like the Black Cat, Natasha and Jessica have strong emotional tensions for Spider-Man in their own unique way of expressing them. Some could say that whenever Peter and Jessica work together, they feel like an old married couple, while the Black Widow's beginning to realize her forgotten friendship with Spider-Man, as a result of them working together during the Ends of the Earth storyline(as well as the death Silver Sable). So the Black Widow sees that she has a few things in common with Spider-Man over the death of a loved one.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 10-15-2014 at 02:28 PM.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Otto View Post
    I can't see them doing it - the whole Cindy/Peter thing. Why do you think they've had Anna show up as a convenient chaperone every time things get heated?
    Thinking like a pedantic internet troll (someone! help me!) for a moment, here's ONE (warped) way of looking at it:
    Person A is attracted to Person B due to reasons beyond their control. In this case, a bad case of spider-hormones (apparently).
    They get together, everything goes nicely, they eventually have kids, everyone is happy.
    Sooner or later, along comes some well-meaning but sadly deluded writer who thinks that the fans don't want this.
    At this point, it is revealed that it wasn't a bad case of Spider-Hormones, but really [fill in bad guy here].
    The fans then start screaming about how this is an abusive relationship, and Person A took advantage of Person B, and we have to retcon the baby, or Person B is a terrible person... sound familiar?

Eh. They could surprise me. I'll stick around and see.
    There shouldn't ever be a relationship between Peter/Silk as they don't even love each other or even know each other at all. They're only attracted to each other because of Spider stuff that's outside their control.

BANNED

Its not even necessarily love but no one wants to see a relationship based on "Spider Hormones and Destiny". Destiny Marriages works in finite fantasy stories its just part of the framework but no one wants to see that bs in superhero comics especially given the cyclical nature of comics.

What Silk's importance is remains to be seen. "Spider Bride" probably doesn't mean what we think it does.
    The "Spider" could be the one at the heart of the web, but the whole thing ("Bride" without any say in the matter) feels icky, however I look at it.
    I just hope we don't get treated to a repeat of Carol Danvers ghastly experience.

All-New Member

What I find weird is that we didn't get any alternate reality Cindy Moon in the "Edge of Spider-Verse" comics. Could it mean that she's the one spider who will make a difference for Earth-616?