Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Superior Spider-Man 2099 by Matt Fraction?!

So over at Bleeding Cool, Rich Johnston is reporting that SpOck will live on in a new series called 'Superior Spider-Man 2099' by Matt Fraction. This spoiler is a follow-up to a story earlier this year where Rich mentioned that Peter Parker would be coming back but SpOck would continue to exist as well. At the time, I thought he was nuts. However...

During the Superior Spider-Man/Spider-Man 2099 crossover from SSM #'s 17-19, apparently the door was left open for SpOck to be time-displaced into the 2099 universe. Preview art from last month's C2E2 expo shows a Superior Spider-Man swinging around the 2099 universe.

Wow, could this be true?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/05/...or-spider-man/

- Jason G. Carr

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

That would be very weird given that we have a Spiderman 2099 in modern times written by Peter David. But...might be worth a look if true.

This would be really odd. On the fence regarding Fraction.

Fraction is writing too many books right now. Quality of his non-creator owned has suffered.

It would probably be the tie in to Spider-Verse. Like they could have a series where Spock is running around in the future, but I just really don't see that happening for more than 3 months.
    Last edited by Aruran.; 05-07-2014 at 07:13 PM.

I don't see any reason to believe that it'd be anything more than a Spider-Verse tie in.

Highly possible. I was thinking the same when I read SSM #19. Otto was simply gone for a few panels and my guess was he ended up in 2099.
    Last edited by The4orTy67; 05-08-2014 at 07:00 AM.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Hmm...

This could even lead to Spock returning to 616 proper with Peter running around as the Amazing Spider-Man. Now that would be awkward.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Whilst I would love this to create a situation which means we can have both Spock and Peter, I imagine this'll be a mini series which acts as part of Spider Verse, and in turn ties up this loose end from Superior Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Fraction is writing too many books right now. Quality of his non-creator owned has suffered.
    He's only writing Hawkeye, Sex Criminals & Satellite Sam, unless I'm missing something. How is that "too many"? Charles Soule is writing like 7 or 8 books a month.

And in my book, any SpOck is good SpOck.
    Last edited by SuperiorJaHawk; 05-08-2014 at 04:41 AM.

All-New Member

A few panels in 616 time could be any number of issues in a 2099 book. If done correctly it could be very intriguing.

Astonishing Member

I'd rather SpOck have his own 616 title written by Christopher Yost. Still, some SpOck is better than none.

While I'd like to see more of SpOck, and Fraction's an okay fit for a title like that, I don't think this is the way to do it. For one thing, the reader knows how the story's going to end. It's essentially an untold tale that SpOck's never going to remember.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

This seems like it'd be a one-shot or mini, at most.

BANNED

Please no, let Otto stay dead for awhile. It's only fair since Peter had to.