Default Futures End Theories

Thought it would be cool, if it catches on, to maybe have one consolidated thread to purely discuss theories for new issues of the book, since they come out so quickly. Not meant to replace the individual issue threads, just a place dedicated to specifically post some ideas on what you think is coming up in future chapters. For instance:

Jason Rusch is killed trying to stop Dr. Yamakaze, and the doctor himself is transformed into a meta with powers. Madison and Ronnie escape, and the two become the new Firestorm.

Batman is revealed to have helped play a role in Brother Eye's control of the world, and though Terry was supposed to kill Mr. Terrific, he can't get to him, so he takes another last-ditch measure: while distracted fighting the Batman/Joker hybrid, Terry kills Bruce Wayne, hoping to change everything that way. However nothing changes, the Bat/Joker still exists and Terry is still there. He escapes.

Tim and a returning Superman witness Bruce's death. Although back in action he is moments too late to mend fences and save his old friend, and Kal flips, determined even more to stop what's going on. Tim on the other hand changes his mind, tosses his new identity and embraces being Tim Drake, The Batman. His hunt for Terry McGuiness is on.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-31-2014 at 07:52 PM.

Lady Firestorm is the cover of Futures End #29

Yeah there seem to be a high chance of Jason dying

Amazing Member

Yep, Jason'll die, which issue? Futures End 31, also Terry doesn't kill Bruce, BatJoker kills Terry and Tim accomplishes the mission, blasting Brother Eye to oblivion Oh, and Yamazake becomes Dr. Polaris, why? He mentions polarity to Jason and while I can't tell the future, I'm guessing that he does become the good doctor.

Terry dying and Tim taking the Batman Beyond mantle would be a cool direction as well, like that idea. Also like your Dr. Polaris idea.

One thing that I noticed is that how all sub-plots seam to be building towards either Brainiac or Brother Eye. Except Firestorm. Their plot went nowhere for 20 issues, now it looks like it will move somewhere but its still not clear how it will connect to the big picture. Sure, Firestorm is big gun and likely to play important role in final battle, but it doesn't feel like their arc is building to anything like that.

I'll also place my chips on BatJoker killing Terry and Tim taking over as Batman Beyond.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post

Hmm... The picture seems to imply Ronnie dying (again), if Jason is merged with her and not him.

Quote Originally Posted by FishboneX View Post
    Hmm... The picture seems to imply Ronnie dying (again), if Jason is merged with her and not him.
    Both Jason and Ronnie is on the cover ( can't the full picture off the DC website)

penetrator of things

Both Jason and Ronnie is on the cover ( can't the full picture off the DC website)
    why not

hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

Quote Originally Posted by tako View Post
    why not

I honestly don't know the picture above is the way it came out when I tried.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Can't say I mind Ronnie dying. This team should be able to work well.

BANNED

Hmm... Is that the cover? Because the face in the lower right is her, this implies Jason merged with her to form Firestorm, not Ronnie.

Geez, I never even noticed the faces on that cover. Definitely implies Ronnie dies or is otherwise incapacitated from being Firestorm, not Jason.

Amazing Member

My theory? Terry is going to try and get Tim, but is very quickly attacked by Bruce. This assault delays his plan but because of him, Tim does not die at the hands of Dr. Polaris. So what does happen? Stormwatch returns to our Earth to warn against the arrival of Brainiac who somehow communicates with Superman when the Man of Steel destroys the cyborg that hunted him. With the real Superman back and Brainiac there as well, a huge battle happens in which Superman wins, and something big with BatJoker, Brother Eye and Mr. Terrific happens in the background that once Brainiac is defeated, Terrific walks through the broken streets of New York and has an epiphany. With Terry eventually slain and Tim taking his place, he and Terrific learn what it means to be a hero and stop Brother Eye.

Extraordinary Member

Hopefully. Oh my god is his character just a pain in the ass!! Also, Caitlin becomes Firestorm. Good for her.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaSandhu View Post
    Yep, Jason'll die, which issue? Futures End 31, also Terry doesn't kill Bruce, BatJoker kills Terry and Tim accomplishes the mission, blasting Brother Eye to oblivion Oh, and Yamazake becomes Dr. Polaris, why? He mentions polarity to Jason and while I can't tell the future, I'm guessing that he does become the good doctor.
    Ugh, honestly, the Firestorm portions of the comic have been painful. Jurgens' writing is about as subtle as someone whacking you in the face with a frying pan
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 11-01-2014 at 06:55 PM.

Astonishing Member

its not impossible that ronnie is receiving some well-deserved karma and might be stuck as the other half of the new dr polaris; and is locked out the way he locked out jason