Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Concerning Kon-El [Big Teen Titans Annual #3 spoilers]

Well, he's alive. In some form at least. He has been reborn as the Herald of Oracle, and essentially now just looks like a normal sized version of Oracle, if a little more streamlined and shiny. Will he eventually become Superboy again? Or is this his identity for the foreseeable future and Jon is the Superboy they're rolling with? Hard to tell right now.

Amazing Member

Yeah, not sure how I feel about this. It's nice to know Kon is out there, and that he knows who he is. But I want him back as Superboy.

I hope he comes back as Superboy... I was really beginning to enjoy the series before he was "killed". I mean, Jon (current Superboy) has potential to be interesting, but I feel the only reason he was made Superboy is because he's Superman's son...

Also, did they just create a "Herald of Oracle", or has it been a thing before (I've never heard of Oracle before New 52, besides Babs)?

There's been other characters called Herald before, but it appears to me to be essentially a new idea using a familiar name.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

At least he is alive, that's a start.

The only Superboy and possible girl I wanna see is the one Clark makes with Diana.
    And now I finally arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by Highball792 View Post
    I hope he comes back as Superboy... I was really beginning to enjoy the series before he was "killed". I mean, Jon (current Superboy) has potential to be interesting, but I feel the only reason he was made Superboy is because he's Superman's son...

Also, did they just create a "Herald of Oracle", or has it been a thing before (I've never heard of Oracle before New 52, besides Babs)?
    The Herald appeared out of nowhere during the Return of Krypton crossover. Lobdell has the old school storytelling idea of introducing new characters and not getting their origins told until much later. It doesn't work nowadays with events and crossovers derailing arcs.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

I wish they would just let Kon-El stay dead until they figure out what to do with him. I try to give new ideas a shot and all but this sounds eh...

Ah well there's always his old series.

Yeah if we could just get him back as Superboy and get rid of that abomination known as Jon Lane Kent, that would fine with me

Wow, weird idea. Personally I think both superboys have potential. I would like to see more development with jon Kent before completely bringing back kon-el. Maybe one of them could work well on Earth 2.

Thanks for the info, though, to be honest, it (becoming a shiny, one-colored herald of a galactic entity) kind of feels like a rip off of Silver Surfer...

OhForGodsSake

I tend to agree on "at least he's alive", but to a point. I adore Kon, & have since the very first panel in Reign of the Supermen. I loved his expanded TTK powers in his current universe history, HOWEVER, I never liked the hard reboot of his Titans/YJ past in the New52. In my headcanon, Kon & Tim are and shall always be endgame relationship material.

I still look forward to seeing what they do with him in New 52, but I also feel like the Kon I grew up with is most likely dead before New 52 started, but it was the best 'death' he's had.

When I first met him, it was that scene where he yelled at the Newsboy Legion, "Don't call me Superboy!" And his story ended for ME after defeating SBP & an army of Kon clones, at peace with himself at last & hopeful for his future AS Superboy.

Do I wish that version of Kon could have survived into the New 52 timeline as relatively unscathed as say, Batman's history was? Of course. Do I think the writers could have solved the problem of Firestorm being in danger of blowing up the universe without having to use a sledgehammer reboot like Pandora & Flashpoint? Sure. They could have accomplished a less brutal merger plan by channeling Firestorm's expected power meltdown into The Bleed itself, diffusing it's lethal potential throughout the Multiverse safely. The blast could have merged the three intended timelines without Pandora's meddling.

But in the end, with MY knowing the Nu-Earth timeline was doomed to explode in 30 days... at least the version of Kon I grew up with, got character closure & came full circle before everything was erased & restarted for him. He finally wanted to be called Superboy.

In a way, DC at least let me say good-bye to THAT Conner. And if the Firestorm issue could have been corrected, at least Kon of that world is still alive somewhere out in the Multiverse. But like the current Kon, at least he's still alive. Somewhere, somewhen. Poor Bart, now THERE'S a tragedy of self-sacrifice during Flashpoint... and ANOTHER issue entirely.

BANNED

This is. A good start,getting him away from the destruction of "that" krypton was what was gonna be tricky,now it's not.

Kon should comeback reluctantly,only doing it because he feels jon is going to far under his name.

Kon will take over the clone body Harvest has to combat Jon,but he will find out in time it is flawed (unlike his past body).now his body is starving for energy so it won't degrade and his TTK is no longer "all powerful" levitation and TK blasts,now it's all about mimicking supermans powers with his TTK.

BANNED

Love u Stephens, and was gonna even stay away from CBR, But I feel i have to say my part about how I want Kon. I want the Kon-El that Lobdell created with all His Psionic, TTK,TK and other powers he has shown. I love that version of Kon. Now I hate what DC did with FlashPoint and redid the DCU, and also Loved Kon of that period.

But for this NUDCU I want my Kon that was created by Lobdell, though you and I both know I do not like what Lobdell hardly at all because he's ruined Kon bynot only bad storylines, but terrible Origins that seems to be changing for either the better, or in the real Kon fans situation. Probably for the worse. I want Kon in his own awesome costume, or new costume that will be kick-arse. I want Kon to Blow up Jon L Kent into tiny atoms of nothingness, and have Kon reprise his role as Superboy to.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 05-12-2014 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OhForGodsSake View Post
    I tend to agree on "at least he's alive", but to a point. I adore Kon, & have since the very first panel in Reign of the Supermen. I loved his expanded TTK powers in his current universe history, HOWEVER, I never liked the hard reboot of his Titans/YJ past in the New52. In my headcanon, Kon & Tim are and shall always be endgame relationship material.

I still look forward to seeing what they do with him in New 52, but I also feel like the Kon I grew up with is most likely dead before New 52 started, but it was the best 'death' he's had.

When I first met him, it was that scene where he yelled at the Newsboy Legion, "Don't call me Superboy!" And his story ended for ME after defeating SBP & an army of Kon clones, at peace with himself at last & hopeful for his future AS Superboy.

Do I wish that version of Kon could have survived into the New 52 timeline as relatively unscathed as say, Batman's history was? Of course. Do I think the writers could have solved the problem of Firestorm being in danger of blowing up the universe without having to use a sledgehammer reboot like Pandora & Flashpoint? Sure. They could have accomplished a less brutal merger plan by channeling Firestorm's expected power meltdown into The Bleed itself, diffusing it's lethal potential throughout the Multiverse safely. The blast could have merged the three intended timelines without Pandora's meddling.

But in the end, with MY knowing the Nu-Earth timeline was doomed to explode in 30 days... at least the version of Kon I grew up with, got character closure & came full circle before everything was erased & restarted for him. He finally wanted to be called Superboy.

In a way, DC at least let me say good-bye to THAT Conner. And if the Firestorm issue could have been corrected, at least Kon of that world is still alive somewhere out in the Multiverse. But like the current Kon, at least he's still alive. Somewhere, somewhen. Poor Bart, now THERE'S a tragedy of self-sacrifice during Flashpoint... and ANOTHER issue entirely.
    The nu52 Kon is still saveable: he is Herald to a entity with capabilities to travel throuth space AND time. Maybe a little retcon time travel use can be made here.
    And make Jon become Superboy Prime. Two negatives can made a possitive, maybe. Or not.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin