Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 12.99%
  • No

67 87.01%
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    Back in the day Storm was susceptible to psionic attacks and when Lobdell wrote Onslaught.

o
    I see lol..... Come to think of it, storm does have a tendency to win her one on one battles XD
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Here are two examples of Magneto owning Storm then.

And these are just 2 examples, as Magneto outclasses Storm in every way, shape or form.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post

And these are just 2 examples, as Magneto outclasses Storm in every way, shape or form.
    Funny because that scan you just posted showed the opposite. It showed Magneto receiving compassion and losing until Storm let up.

o

Actually, it only suggests this first, as Magneto explains one panel later that in reality Storm merely amped up his own powers.

BANNED

Actually, it only suggests this first, as Magneto explains one panel later that in reality Storm merely amped up his own powers.
    because she lightened up at the last moment which he also says.

o

Unbeatable would mean she would win at all times, but if the Hulk were to hit her once at full power. The fight would be over. Having great power doesn't make you unbeatable. Rachel was able to control Cyclops on a whim recently, she could do the same to Logan, Storm, and others. Does that mean she too is unbeatable?
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

I'm not one to be upset when my favorite loses but was that statement necessary? Its not like magneto didn't beat teams of x-men on his own, but when it's storm people are quick to drop statements like this.....
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    Unbeatable would mean she would win at all times, but if the Hulk were to hit her once at full power. The fight would be over. Having great power doesn't make you unbeatable. Rachel was able to control Cyclops on a whim recently, she could do the same to Logan, Storm, and others. Does that mean she too is unbeatable?
    Good points.
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

Okay, so I'm seeing some older stuff here which is cool.

But I'm not seeing anything too recent.
    Unless it happened in "No More Humans" (which I haven't read yet), then Storm hasn't lost a fight in 15 years.
    That...can't be right, can it?

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    Right.

So it looks like I may have oversold the 'invincibility' angle here.
    This was more about actual fights fought and lost.
    Remember, I was trying to make a Storm getting PWN'd thread.

Instead, I think I accidently created a "Storm - Unpwnable since '99" thread.
    Last edited by Striderblack01; 10-04-2014 at 01:44 PM.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroexxx View Post
    I'm not one to be upset when my favorite loses but was that statement necessary? Its not like magneto didn't beat teams of x-men on his own, but when it's storm people are quick to drop statements like this.....
    Eh, I'd say the same if I'd be talking about Wolverine, Cyclops, Colossus or whoever else is beneath Magneto.

Storm, for all her offensive powers, is still made of flesh and bones.
    One well placed hit and she goes down, as War Machine demonstrated during Gischler's run

Spectacular Member

nobody is unbeatable in a comic where:

cyclops shoots at a non-superhuman and there are no intestines flying around, only people that faint.
    spiderman punches a robber and there are no crushed skulls, only broken noses.
    the same psionicist has range of powers that is determined by the writer.
    nightcrawler and kitty, the people with the two most EASILY ABUSED powers (phase shift + teleportation of unwilling enemies even to a wall, without any chance for them to resist) are considered "smaller guns" than mere superstrong people like colossus.

there is no "powers editing" in marvel. everyone wins or loses based on "awesomeness" and "rule of cool".

if it werent.... thered be no "world war hulk":
    (kurt) "so let me get this straight... i can touch this car, instantly teleport right next to him with the CAR MATERIALIZING INSIDE HIS BRAIN, and he has no defense against it? i can teleport on his back, touch him, and teleport him right inside the earth so his brain materializes right beside the mud, instantkill... and he has no defense against it? why are we so scared of him again?"
    (kitty) "i dunno, he sure as heck cant hurt me. just tell me to pick a pensil, phaseshift, get near him while phased so he cant hurt me, leave the pencil un-phase inside his brain. everyone can just go for pizza."
    (rachel) "i have been shown to posess molecular telekinesis when i transformed clothes and did other stuff. I CAN SHUT DOWN HIS ADRENALINE by picking up the molecules."
    (iceman) "so if i try to freeze directly his brain instead of just iceblast at his skin, explain to me what his defense is."
    Last edited by Kikaze; 10-04-2014 at 01:56 PM.

Eh, I'd say the same if I'd be talking about Wolverine, Cyclops, Colossus or whoever else is beneath Magneto.

Storm, for all her offensive powers, is still made of flesh and bones.
    One well placed hit and she goes down, as War Machine demonstrated during Gischler's run
    Dat art though.........
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post
    Okay, so I'm seeing some older stuff here which is cool.

But I'm not seeing anything too recent.
    Unless it happened in "No More Humans" (which I haven't read yet), then Storm hasn't lost a fight in 15 years.
    That...can't be right, can it?

Right.

So it looks like I may have oversold the 'invincibility' angle here.
    This was more about actual fights fought and lost.
    Remember, I was trying to make a Storm getting PWN'd thread.

Instead, I think I accidently created a "Storm - Unpwnable since '99" thread.
    Kinda hard to lose a fight when you're placed on wallpaper duty
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Well, the OP doesn't really mean "invincible" but that Storm is rarely shown as losing a fight.

If you want one (but it's also old), there is when she lost her power to Forge's gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Well, the OP doesn't really mean "invincible" but that Storm is rarely shown as losing a fight.

If you want one (but it's also old), there is when she lost her power to Forge's gun.
    Precisely, just wait until the well known storm dislikers get a load of this thread. Considering she was on wallpaper duty until recently its obvious she wouldn't really be involved
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡