Page 170 of 311 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220270 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 4651

Thread: TV News Updates

Joshua Jackson will not be back as a series regular for the 5th and final season of the Affair.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Ultimate Member

Maybe he has some other role coming up...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Maybe he has some other role coming up...
    Somewhere, Mulder is proud...

Incredible Member

Clayne Crawford talks about the things that went on behind the scenes of LETHAL WEAPON.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    Clayne Crawford talks about the things that went on behind the scenes of LETHAL WEAPON.
    I'ma go out on a limb and say he's claiming to be the victim?

What'd they do to his character, anyways? Bus crash?

Ultimate Member

I think that he got shot and then died...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I think that he got shot and then died...
    Yep.

And there's enough blame to go around for both Crawford and Wayans to take their share.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Crawford deserves some sort of a civic medal for name checking that they killed Optimus in the "Transformers" movie. That was priceless.

As for "Victim"?

I wouldn't say that as much as just "Bad Scene".

Ultimate Member

I dunno why they can't recast some roles.

"Riggs, new haircut?"

New guy: Yup!

Boom, done.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I dunno why they can't recast some roles.

"Riggs, new haircut?"

New guy: Yup!

Boom, done.
    Probably because the viewers likely wouldn't accept it given what they know about the behind the scenes shenanigans. Better to bring in a new character. Or cancel the show outright.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I'ma go out on a limb and say he's claiming to be the victim?

What'd they do to his character, anyways? Bus crash?
    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Crawford deserves some sort of a civic medal for name checking that they killed Optimus in the "Transformers" movie. That was priceless.

As for "Victim"?

I wouldn't say that as much as just "Bad Scene".

Well end result ...ratings have started to go into the shitter. The ratings have dropped 32% from last seasons opener from season #2. The move looks like it backfired....

- Crawford brings up that Variety claims he yelled at children. But as he explains he would never yell at children since he's a father and the guy there agrees as he knows Crawford for 20+ years. Anyhow as he claims he's yelling at the production guy "Newman" who he got frustrated with and how things was going. As a result of this he had to go take anger management courses , be monitored on set etc. Also they kept the clip of it and would blackmail him behind the scenes all year long with it.

- Crawford claims that Wayans told him he did not wanna do Lethal Weapon. That he came outta retirement for a TV series because he had an idea for a new TV series and went to Peter Roth (WB guy) and Roth was like , that's a great idea Damon , but ...how about this. Its there they pitched Lethal Weapon. Which as Crawford claims Wayans agreed to do the pilot and thought it would fail. That they are bringing in some guy from Georgia (him) and its based off the movies (which never work).

- Him and Wayans clashed through season #1 , but to keep things smooth WB gave him a masseuse and more in his trailer to try. But things got worse once Crawford went to direct his episode. This led to Wayans calling in sick one day. Then as he claims , Wayans would tell him ...I don't trust you or them. I will not hold a gun , run or do anything physical in a scene. Then he left again.

Crawford claims he called the producer and begged the guy to try and get things done. That Wayans had left again and was told , "You wanted to direct , well direct. We handle the actors."

- Claims that for the episode he agreed to be in less scenes so he could direct and let Damon be the main guy. But once he refused to do certain things he told the producer , ok I'll rewrite these scenes tonight and film and do that so Damon doesn't have to do this. Was told NO and to shoot episode like its supposed to be. So Crawford claims he said the producer , him and Roth need to sit down with Damon and get everything settled so they can work then.

He claims he sent e-mails for awhile to Roth begging for help dealing Wayans on set and was met with silence.

- The 2 producers he names came to the set for the 1st time in a long time to keep both guys civil. So he tells Damon ok , your gonna hold the gun ..."Nope" , then he was told NOPE about running and Wayans told him to shoot Robert (Wayans stunt double). The producers told him to do that and Crawford is like , WTF is this ? I like Robert the stunt guy but people will wanna see Damon Wayans and i wanna shoot Wayans in the scene .

- Crawford claims that he just got so frustrated with Wayans for 2 years and admits he did say that , "Your only famous because of Keenan..." and Wayans fired back. But the tape that was leaked clipped his replies to Wayans back after he was told to ____ . "I said we could take Steve f'n Harvey and do your lines....hell we could take Keenan outta retirement and he could do it ! Or hell Damon Jr !" (Crawford claims he ripped into his ass that was clipped off)

- Claims Damon's nickname on set with everyone was LEE "Lazy Entitled Elitist" . Because he didn't clearly wanna be there and the set knew this. The co-host believes they likely pulled him to the side and sold him a bill of goods that he'd be the main star and as he saw it wasn't happening.

- He doesn't hate Damon or blames him for this show , he blames the lack of leadership behind the scenes .

- Is saying that a lot of the "crew" (70+ crew members from hair/makeup/sound) were fired after the season . As he claims , if he was such a threat to the crew , why was they fired after he was let go ? Brings up that some cast members had Thanksgiving with his family.

- The co-host claims a number of his friends who worked as crew on the series said that there was a divide on set . Pro-Crawford vs Anti-Crawford. The ones who were pro were let go and the ones were kept.

- Anyhow the entire scene after the car deal had Wayans and things break down into a fight nearly. Matt Miller (showrunner) was with Crawford as Wayans took off . Crawford asked , what are we gonna do ...what now. All Miller would answer "I don't know...i don't know .." Roth called em into office and ...chewed out Crawford for it as he told Miller to tell Roth what happened and all Miller did was "shh Crawford". So the end result was they approved his rewrites and he directed a good episode which he feels pissed WB off worse. Cause they wanted it to fail it seems.

end of part #1...
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well end result ...ratings have started to go into the shitter. The ratings have dropped 32% from last seasons opener from season #2. The move looks like it backfired....
    Well, come on.

What are the odds that you could kill off Riggs or Murtaugh, and continue a "Lethal Weapon" series?

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Isn't that just comparing the last season's average though. The final episode of season 2, episode 22, got an 0.8 with 3.15 million viewers. The first episode of season 3 got a 0.8 with 3.43 million viewers.
    So the first episode of season 3 actually had more viewers than the last episode of season 2. And season 2 had a drop of 46% from season 1. So season 3 had a less steep drop than season 2.

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/l...n-two-ratings/

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/l...three-ratings/

I don't really care one way or the other but facts is facts. The ratings were already in a shitter before Crawford was fired.

The real drop was towards the tail end of the season. By then, some things were starting to get out there.

Incredible Member

Saw the season 3 premiere of LW and to me the magic is not there anymore. I don't see Wayans/Murtaugh being so broken up about Riggs dying (Glover/Murtaugh yes, a little bit). They didn't seem to have that close a friendship. And it seemed very strange that Cole goes one week on the job from writing parking tickets to being a homicide detective even with his CIA background and the recommendation of a detective who's been called on the carpet many times.

Don't plan on watching the rest of the season and I don't feel the show will last past this season the way it's going. I could be wrong though.

[should have left Murtaugh as captain and pass on the baton to Bailey and a new partner (I liked Cruz) as Lethal Weapon: Next Generation. Especially if true that Wayans didn't like doing all the physical action]