Page 221 of 311 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221222223224225231271 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,315 of 4651

Thread: TV News Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Welcome to the Salem Witch Trials!
    Or maybe a show based on cops kicking asses isn't a good thing right now.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Or maybe a show based on cops kicking asses isn't a good thing right now.
    Im sure Paw Pals wasn't kicking much ass.

Condemning all Cops for the action of rogues is the most idiotic thing i have ever seen in my 50 years of life. Dishonors both Black and White cops that have given their life to protect all.
    Last edited by Lonewolf36; 06-11-2020 at 06:23 PM.

Im sure Paw Pals wasn't kicking much ass.

Condemning all Cops for the action of rogues is the most idiotic thing i have ever seen in my 50 years of life. Dishonors both Black and White cops that have given their life to protect all.
    Not really the point though. It's about a show that highlights cops kicking asses. Not a good time for that.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Not really the point though. It's about a show that highlights cops kicking asses. Not a good time for that.
    I see your point but a cartoon geared for kids really. I mean if i was a cop i would simply walk out. I mean those calling for the disbanding of cops if they think its bad now wait till that happens.
    Last edited by Lonewolf36; 06-11-2020 at 06:37 PM.

I see your point but a cartoon geared for kids really. I mean if i was a cop i would simply walk out. I mean those calling for the disbanding of cops if they think its bad now wait till that happens.
    Only talking about Cops.
    I don't know anything about Paw Patrol. But a quick search tells me it's more fearmongering BS.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/di...-get-canceled/

You should also look into what is really meant by Disband the Police it's not about not having a police force.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 06-11-2020 at 06:46 PM.

I don't know anything about Paw Pals. Only talking about Cops.
    A kids show about puppy cops i believe. Well maybe it's not as bad as i thought yet. But i still rest my case about cops in general. All those that have given their life in the line of duty trying to protect those that are now calling for disbanding.
    Last edited by Lonewolf36; 06-11-2020 at 06:47 PM.

Fantastic Member

Well Dick Wolf(the creator of shows such as Law & Order and the one Chicago series) has stated that he's planning on changing all of his cop shows to reflect BLM and police brutality. It was also stated that Brooklyn 99's next season would be influenced by BLM.

If they were to outright tell creators to cancel all cop shows right this second because of an unfortunate incident that occurred in a real life, the networks would quite simply implode on themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by KCJ506 View Post
    Well Dick Wolf(the creator of shows such as Law & Order and the one Chicago series) has stated that he's planning on changing all of his cop shows to reflect BLM and police brutality. It was also stated that Brooklyn 99's next season would be influenced by BLM.

If they were to outright tell creators to cancel all cop shows right this second because of an unfortunate incident that occurred in a real life, the networks would quite simply implode on themselves.
    Exactly......

Ultimate Member

Though it was a comedy, Brooklyn 99's never really shied away from social issues. Addressing BLM is hardly a change.

Camden, New Jersey disbanded their police force seven years ago and violent crime actually went down by almost half. Prior to disbanding their police force Camden had one of the highest crime rates in the country.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/09/us/di...rnd/index.html

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Though it was a comedy, Brooklyn 99's never really shied away from social issues. Addressing BLM is hardly a change.
    Yeah Brooklyn 99 is more of a comedy, but even that's not stopping people from going after it and slamming it as propaganda.

Yeah Brooklyn 99 is more of a comedy, but even that's not stopping people from going after it and slamming it as propaganda.
    In light of all the targeting of black people by the Chicago PD I wonder how well Mike and Molly would be received today.

Intermediary

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Camden, New Jersey disbanded their police force seven years ago and violent crime actually went down by almost half. Prior to disbanding their police force Camden had one of the highest crime rates in the country.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/09/us/di...rnd/index.html
    one of the issues that did crop up was that the county police force became less diverse

no solution is perfect, but its a blueprint

an unfortunate incident
    It's. Not. Just. One. Incident.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    In light of all the targeting of black people by the Chicago PD I wonder how well Mike and Molly would be received today.
    Chicago PD is actually one of the best cop shows for representation. Hell the season finale just had their unit's only AA officer threatened by the undercover unit for tarnishing the memory of their dead friend with the racial profiling he was actually guilty of that lead directly to his shooting. It's never shied away from the tenuous relationship between law enforcement and AA communities.

I don't watch Blue Bloods, but from what I've read, some of the cops on that show can be worse than Hank Voight. If that's the case, if Chicago PD has to make some changes, then Blue Bloods definitely will as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    It's. Not. Just. One. Incident.

I know there have been more incidents like those beforehand, but if the George Floyd shooting hadn't happened, do you really think Cops and Live PD would have gotten canceled? Or people protesting against cop shows including a kid's cartoon?
    Last edited by KCJ506; 06-14-2020 at 02:33 AM.