Page 194 of 311 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204244294 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 4651

Thread: TV News Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Funny thing is the big thing everyone is asking with this news is will glomer be in it? Lol.

Funny thing is i never saw or even knew about the live action series as a kid and only saw the cartoon and was shocked later when I found out it was based on a live action show! The cartoon aired on Saturday morning for years!

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

They had a comic a few years ago also.

[IMG][/IMG]
    This brings back memories.

Elizabeth Hurley will play Morgan Le Fay on the third season of Marvel's Runaways.

Good Eats has new episodes coming after a 7 year absence.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

The DC Universe series Swamp Thing has been cancelled after 1 season. The show will finish out its ten episode run but the news of its cancellation comes paired with the report that the entire DC Universe streaming service is being "reevaluated".

Netflix has renewed Lucifer for a 5th and final season.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Man, it's getting to where SYFY is about as quick as Netflix when it comes to dropping the perceived dead weight. Bummer.

Just to give some credit where it's due, that little trooper that was playing Hailey on Happy! was a ringer. I think that Near Dark was the last time I was that impressed by a kid's performance.
    SyFy has never had a good track record, but originally it was because most of the shows they aired were acquisitions and they got to a transitionary period where they didn't want to put money and effort into producing shows that weren't SyFy originals (that's why Dark Matter was cancelled even though the ratings were solid and it was internally well received) . But this is crazy to me because Happy and Deadly Class are both SyFy originals. They canned legitimately great ongoing series with passionate fanbases in order to have strictly original content, but they forget they're still the freaking SyFy channel. Maybe shows like the Magicians convinced more people that they had good content (I usually see SyFy getting lambasted) but they have yet to release a show that has received any worldwide attention or praise. They made this move to only originals without improving their brand. Just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    The DC Universe series Swamp Thing has been cancelled after 1 season. The show will finish out its ten episode run but the news of its cancellation comes paired with the report that the entire DC Universe streaming service is being "reevaluated".

Netflix has renewed Lucifer for a 5th and final season.
    So ST is gone but Lucifer a show that's not very good keeps going whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    SyFy has never had a good track record, but originally it was because most of the shows they aired were acquisitions and they got to a transitionary period where they didn't want to put money and effort into producing shows that weren't SyFy originals (that's why Dark Matter was cancelled even though the ratings were solid and it was internally well received) . But this is crazy to me because Happy and Deadly Class are both SyFy originals. They canned legitimately great ongoing series with passionate fanbases in order to have strictly original content, but they forget they're still the freaking SyFy channel. Maybe shows like the Magicians convinced more people that they had good content (I usually see SyFy getting lambasted) but they have yet to release a show that has received any worldwide attention or praise. They made this move to only originals without improving their brand. Just my 2 cents
    A couple of things there...

When it comes to Happy!, I went in wondering just how much they could get out of source material that they had entirely covered by the close of the first season. Honestly, I thought they did a solid job with what they had.

As for Deadly Class, it is an entirely tougher pill to swallow. For anyone who is familiar with the comic 100 Bullets, you'd be aware that the story doesn't actually start until we meet Lono in issue eight and Cole Burns in issue nine. While I didn't really want to spoil it for folks who were not familiar with the comic(Deadly Class), it is laid out in a very similar fashion. The really sad part is that the SYFY version of Deadly Class didn't even get to where things take a turn and the story actually begins in the comic. Real bummer that they didn't get the chance to get to that point.

BANNED

A couple of things there...

When it comes to Happy!, I went in wondering just how much they could get out of source material that they had entirely covered by the close of the first season. Honestly, I thought they did a solid job with what they had.

As for Deadly Class, it is an entirely tougher pill to swallow. For anyone who is familiar with the comic 100 Bullets, you'd be aware that the story doesn't actually start until we meet Lono in issue eight and Cole Burns in issue nine. While I didn't really want to spoil it for folks who were not familiar with the comic(Deadly Class), it is laid out in a very similar fashion. The really sad part is that the SYFY version of Deadly Class didn't even get to where things take a turn and the story actually begins in the comic. Real bummer that they didn't get the chance to get to that point.
    Agreed with both your points; it's really a shame, solid comics with solid adaptations loaded with potential. I know that Grant wanted to do a different holiday every season for Happy and Deadly Class was just building and building, exactly. I just think SyFy put too much faith in their original content

I guess I am going to have to read the Deadly Class comic now.

As for the DCU, it just never got enough subscribers to work. I have seen it is around 700,000. I am sure the Suits at WB were thinking, "it's only $8, we will get millions of viewers" but most people are fine with one or two streaming services and all the free content they get. The market is quickly flooded and the idea that you can make money with another limited streaming service is finding it's limit.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

What really made the WB executives move quick was learning North Carolina made an accounting error and promised a tax break for filming they couldn't deliver. It was supposed to be $40+ million for Swamp Thing. NC is claiming that was a mistake and all they can guarantee was $12-14 million. Not only does it make the state look stupid to do this , WB may end up pulling any future filming in that state costing it millions of dollars etc.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

That is true for Swamp Thing. But it looks like they miscalculated on the entire streaming service.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

CBS will not renew the limited series The Red Line for a 2nd season.

HBO has cancelled Wyatt Cenac's Problem Areas after two seasons.

MacGyver has upped Levy Tran to series regular for the show's upcoming fourth season.

The up coming 4th season of the Good Place will be the last Screenshot_20190607-223248.jpg
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I guess I am going to have to read the Deadly Class comic now.

As for the DCU, it just never got enough subscribers to work. I have seen it is around 700,000. I am sure the Suits at WB were thinking, "it's only $8, we will get millions of viewers" but most people are fine with one or two streaming services and all the free content they get. The market is quickly flooded and the idea that you can make money with another limited streaming service is finding it's limit.
    When it begins in earnest was easily better than anything that made it to the screen.

While I respect the changes that they made(I get the feeling they were planning for that they might not wind up with a second season...), it is nowhere near as good as what was in the comic.

When it begins in earnest was easily better than anything that made it to the screen.

While I respect the changes that they made(I get the feeling they were planning for that they might not wind up with a second season...), it is nowhere near as good as what was in the comic.
    Thanks. I'll keep an eye out for a sale on the omnibus.

I bailed on Deadly Class when a certain SPOILER happened. I kinda hadn't been feeling it, and that was a great jumping off point.

I kind of keep wanting to catch up. I still think it's one of the best looking books on the shelves month in, month out, but Remender never seems to hold my attention as long as he wants to. Maybe I'll do that this weekend.