Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Rick & Morty co-creator, EP and star Justin Roiland has been fired from the show over domestic abuse allegations. The show will continue and a recast of the voices will be done. Article Link.
    I'm guessing we'll get a similar announcement for Solar Opposites soon.

That’s a huge bummer as I love the show, but if the allegations are true it’s something that had to be done. There are apparently a number of grooming allegations against him too. Wouldn’t be surprised if this starts to snowball.

He’s made some creepy statements in the past about teenage girls and there was a Rick and Morty audio commentary that Dan Harmon said they had to re-record because Roiland was getting way too obsessed with the character Summer (the teenage daughter).

While I’ve really enjoyed the show it’s sad that a big chunk of the fanbase is seemingly pretty toxic. Not surprised that Adult Swim has turned off the comments sections for this announcement on social media.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

This is an audience that had people go to McDonalds and go crazy over a certain sauce years ago. Not the nicest audience anyhow.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    This is an audience that had people go to McDonalds and go crazy over a certain sauce years ago. Not the nicest audience anyhow.
    Please don't lump all the people who love this show into a pile with a few idiots.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 01-25-2023 at 07:13 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Rick and Morty was never funny.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Rick and Morty is a show I sampled several times and just could not find the hype that others have for it. Glad for everyone to have something but it just didn't click for me.

I care so little about the show I didn't even bother to read what the guy was accused of doing. What I glean from the comments here is that it sounds bad.

Curious about how Michael "Abraham" Cudlitz will do as Lex Luthor. Will he shave his head or wear a bald cap?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Yep knew it was coming. And he has resigned from Squanch Games as well.

Krista Vernoff, the showrunner for both Grey's Anatomy and Station 19, will be leaving her post at the end of this current TV season. Article Link.

After an 8-year absence, Adult Swim has renewed Aqua Teen Hunger Force for a 12th season.

CBS has renewed Bob Hearts Abishola for a 5th season.

Here's the teaser trailer for the upcoming Prime Video series Daisy Jone & The Six.

Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Well in news that doesn't shock anyone .... HBO Max announced they have canceled Doom Patrol and Titans. Because ....well ....no reason. More need to save money because they plan to put reality trash onto the app once its merged.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Well in news that doesn't shock anyone .... HBO Max announced they have canceled Doom Patrol and Titans. Because ....well ....no reason. More need to save money because they plan to put reality trash onto the app once its merged.
    As Cilff would say, 'What the ****!'
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ultimate Member

Titans isn't much a loss, shame about Doom Patrol, though

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    As Cilff would say, 'What the ****!'
    Everyone was betting Discovery would cancel these for f-ck knows what reason. Its gonna take Gunn a couple years to get his vision of the DC Universe rolling. Canceling your shows to wait on that is....well its stupid. I fully expect Lois & Superman to be canceled next year.

BANNED

I feel bad for Doom Patrol, and it has to suck that Titans just got a new comics relaunch announced the same day as they cancel the show

Netflix has renewed the true crime series My Lover My Killer for a 2nd season.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.