Page 218 of 311 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268 ... LastLast
Results 3,256 to 3,270 of 4651

Thread: TV News Updates

USA is apparently moving away from scripted series. In another move designed to get there, they have cancelled The Purge after 2 seasons and Treadstone after 1 season.

NBC has renewed A Little Late With Lilly Singh for a 2nd season.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    USA is apparently moving away from scripted series. In another move designed to get there, they have cancelled The Purge after 2 seasons and Treadstone after 1 season.

NBC has renewed A Little Late With Lilly Singh for a 2nd season.
    The Purge is one I been catching up on with Hulu. The Little Late with Lilly Singh seems like a stupid decision given how terrible the show seems to be. But its not the 1st time a network doubled down on terrible shows.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Incredible Member

So I guess "Character isn't welcome."?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    Sadly for a USA Network its cheaper to do **** reality shows like Crisley Knows Best than do scripted shows. Of course USA Network's scripted hey day was the 2000's with Monk , Burn Notice and Psych . After that things began to slowly fall apart as nothing really captured that momentum those shows had.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Sadly for a USA Network its cheaper to do **** reality shows like Crisley Knows Best than do scripted shows. Of course USA Network's scripted hey day was the 2000's with Monk , Burn Notice and Psych . After that things began to slowly fall apart as nothing really captured that momentum those shows had.
    Yeah, honestly I thought Treadstone sucked. Never seen The Purge, so can't judge

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    More like "lack of character is welcome" now for sure.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

The CW has delayed most of their returning scripted series until January 2021 due to the coronavirus pandemic. They've announced their fall and winter schedules and you can check them out HERE!

Intermediary

The CW has delayed most of their returning scripted series until January 2021 due to the coronavirus pandemic. They've announced their fall and winter schedules and you can check them out HERE!
    I feel like, that past few years, the CW has really become a model of stability

very few cancellations
    steady viewership

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post

very few cancellations
    steady viewership
    And declining quality in my eyes. I've stopped watching everything that I used to watch.

BANNED

very few cancellations
    steady viewership
    yeah but will they ever put out a show like nikita again? probably not

Intermediary

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    yeah but will they ever put out a show like nikita again? probably not
    I preferred the USA version with Peta Wilson, tbh

I preferred the USA version with Peta Wilson, tbh
    Same here. I liked the first season of the CW show but lost interest soon afterwards. The USA show with Peta Wilson was appointment viewing for me the whole way through.

ABC has renewed American Idol for a 19th season.

NBC has renewed Good Girls for a 4th season.

BANNED

Same here. I liked the first season of the CW show but lost interest soon afterwards. The USA show with Peta Wilson was appointment viewing for me the whole way through.
    watching it today it's very clear that shows like alias and covert affairs borrowed much from that series. not in a bad way

Fox has renewed Last Man Standing for a 9th season and The Resident for a 4th season.

Freeform has renewed Motherland: Fort Salem and Everything's Gonna Be Okay for second seasons.

FX has renewed Breeders for a 2nd season.