Page 169 of 311 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179219269 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 4651

Thread: TV News Updates

Paramount Network has cancelled American Woman after one season.

Doom Patrol has cast Timothy Dalton.

Black Lightning casting news. (I really like the actress. Almost makes me want to tune in to the show again)

This won't make me watch this travesty of TV programming, but Dancing With The Stars will have Nancy McKeon (Jo on The Facts of Life) as part of its Season 27 cast. (I've had a crush on her forever.)

Younger is moving from TV Land to Paramount Network for its 6th season.

Docto Who premiere news.

Billy On The Street is getting an 8 episode web series revival. News Link

In a huge surprise, Netflix has picked up Designated Survivor for a 3rd season.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Paramount Network has cancelled American Woman after one season.

Doom Patrol has cast Timothy Dalton.

Black Lightning casting news. (I really like the actress. Almost makes me want to tune in to the show again)

This won't make me watch this travesty of TV programming, but Dancing With The Stars will have Nancy McKeon (Jo on The Facts of Life) as part of its Season 27 cast. (I've had a crush on her forever.)

Younger is moving from TV Land to Paramount Network for its 6th season.

Docto Who premiere news.

Billy On The Street is getting an 8 episode web series revival. News Link

In a huge surprise, Netflix has picked up Designated Survivor for a 3rd season.
    I've loved her forever. She acted the he'll out of every scene she was in on Medium
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    I've loved her forever. She acted the he'll out of every scene she was in on Medium

Yep, she's awesome.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

There's another Law & Order spinoff coming that will focus on hate crimes.
    I've always heard Wolf wanted a L&O show to surpass Gunsmoke in consecutive years on the air for a live-action scripted American prime-time series with ongoing characters. The 2018-2019 season (20th overall) will be the tie for SVU, the 2019-2020 season (21st overall) will be the tie-breaker. I wonder if the idea is to end SVU after it finally surpasses Gunsmoke and they're gearing up for SVU's replacement. Or, and probably more likely, they'll keep SVU on the air as long as possible after season 21 or until Hargitay gets tired of the show, and Hate Crimes will be the de facto successor when/if that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I've always heard Wolf wanted a L&O show to surpass Gunsmoke in consecutive years on the air for a live-action scripted American prime-time series with ongoing characters. The 2018-2019 season (20th overall) will be the tie for SVU, the 2019-2020 season (21st overall) will be the tie-breaker. I wonder if the idea is to end SVU after it finally surpasses Gunsmoke and they're gearing up for SVU's replacement. Or, and probably more likely, they'll keep SVU on the air as long as possible after season 21 or until Hargitay gets tired of the show, and Hate Crimes will be the de facto successor when/if that happens.
    Because that worked so well when Law & Order was cancelled and replaced by Law & Order: Los Angeles. TV shows aren't tires so that when one has been around for a while you take it off and put another one on.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Because that worked so well when Law & Order was cancelled and replaced by Law & Order: Los Angeles. TV shows aren't tires so that when one has been around for a while you take it off and put another one on.
    Its my understanding Original Recipe was on its last legs and NBC told Wolf he can either have a final L&O season with the same truncated episode count OR a spinoff which could go on for multiple seasons...Wolf chose the spinoff. Even though choosing the former would have broke the Gunsmoke record.

The difference this time is that SVU isn't on its last legs, but it is entirely possible after season 21 cast members may want to move on, including Hargitay. Its less a take it or leave deal like it was with a Original Flavor and more a hope for the best prepare for the worse situation. Which is why I added the addendum ("Or, and probably more likely,...").

HBO has renewed Insecure for a 4th season and Ballers for a 5th season.

Netflix has renewed Insatiable for a 2nd season.

60 Minutes executive producer Jeff Fager is out of a job.

Actor Doug Davidson is reportedly out of the CBS soap The Young and the Restless after 40 years.

Problems continue for American Gods Season 2.

USA has cancelled Shooter but is shopping it around to other networks. The 3rd season finally aired 9/13/18. All plot lines were resolved if the series is not picked up by another network.

FX has renewed Snowfall for a 3rd season.

OWN has renewed Greenleaf for a 4th season.

It seems like Hallmark Channel's Home & Family could be headed for the #MeToo arena if the allegations made by ex-host Mark Steines are true.

HBO has renewed The Deuce for a 3rd and final season.

AMC has canceled Dietland after 1 season.

Disney Channel has renewed DuckTales for a 3rd season. The show's 2nd season will begin airing in October. article link.
    Last edited by Deathstroke; 09-21-2018 at 08:41 PM.

Disney Channel has renewed DuckTales for a 3rd season. It will reportedly start airing in October.
    I think it’s season 2 that will start airing in October.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I think it’s season 2 that will start airing in October.
    You are correct, I misread the article. I'll fix my original post.

Harlots has been renewed for a 3rd season by Hulu.

Inside The Actors Studio is moving from Bravo to Ovation in the Fall of 2019. James Lipton is stepping down as host.