Page 172 of 311 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182222272 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 4651

Thread: TV News Updates

Ultimate Member

They can try but part of the whole point of the show was to have Riggs and Murtaugh as the main characters, otherwise it's not really Lethal Weapon...

It seems (again, just thinking out loud here based on the link I posted) the idea is to be spiritually faithful to the movie series i.e. a cRaZy borderline suicidal cop paired with a straight-laced, frustrated partner. Names are besides the point as long as the personalities are intact. Plus this can't be a coincidence with two Riggs-esque characters, they must have seen the writing on the wall with Wayons and see the show/concept as something worth saving. Maybe the idea is for Cole to be one season to sort of help pass the torch, with Murtagh, to Bailey and "The Gute" as she's going to be called.

Could backfire...probably will backfire...but I see what they're doing. *shrugs*

Ultimate Member

I guess that it could work and it would give them a fresh start for whatever would come next, though I could see them easily just cancelling the show...

My 10k post...cool...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    "Lethal Weapon Adds an 'Unglued,' Riggs-esque Female Partner for Bailey".

No real dog in this, but, is it possible they're thinking or planning on making this B team the new A team to carry the show into season 3 and beyond? A sort of de facto female Riggs and Murtagh.
    So it's going from a 'Lethal Weapon' remake to a 'Cagney and Lacey' remake. At this point just put the show out of its misery and give a proper ending. If Fox is real fired up on continuing the show then have Bailey and her new partner spin-off into a new show and leave all the LW baggage behind and start fresh.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Yep.

They should have just wrapped it up at the end of last season, and called it.

If nothing else, it seems like Crawford might have been telling the truth about Wayans not really wanting to do the show.
    I saw that interview with Crawford and he was highly believable. I think Wayans sabotaged this show from the beginning. He did basically nothing for years, wanted some quick cash, and then jumped ship.
    Last edited by DennisTheMenace; 10-04-2018 at 04:34 AM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    Damon Wayans has quit Lethal Weapon. He'll finish with the first 13 episodes but plans an exit in December.

Will they end it or will we now have 2 completely different characters in the lead? I stopped watching so I guess I don't care. It was a cool show for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I'm sorry, but they simply can't continue the show if both of the leads are gone. This show has gone to one of the most entertaining on TV to a complete and total clusterfuck.
    I saw that interview with Crawford and he was highly believable. I think Wayans sabotaged this show from the beginning. He did basically nothing for years, wanted some quick cash, and then jumped ship.

Clayne Crawford was right and Wayans fucked this crew and show sideways by his actions. WB believed Wayans and backed him and what did they get there. They got a lazy entitled star who quit the show once he got everything he wanted. Damon Wayans proved Clayne Crawford right.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Which in no way excuses Crawford's behavior on set.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Who said it did? Crawford admits so himself but he was still railroaded off the show for less than good reason in my opinion and doesn’t change the fact that Wayans seems to be quite the douchebag. Did you watch his interview? I’d love to hear Damon’s version.
    Last edited by DennisTheMenace; 10-04-2018 at 08:51 AM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Who said it did? Crawford admits so himself but he was still railroaded off the show for less than good reason in my opinion and doesn’t change the fact that Wayans seems to be quite the douchebag. Did you watch his interview? I’d love to hear Damon’s version.

Who wants to hear Wayans version now ? I'm not lazy since I would show up late to the set to film and not wanna be there , but hey I pushed that guy out cause he called me on my bullshit and now I am gonna quit again lol.

Honestly Crawford admitted he went off on the production guy. He accepted how he went off on him and should have known better. He apologized and did anger management as they wanted but didn't realize it was all part of a future blackmail scheme they'd do the entire season where if him and Wayans fought they'd dangle this...oooh you better be good and dance right...you better !
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

FX has renewed Mr. Inbetween for a 2nd season.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

NBC has picked up New Amsterdam for the full season.

Fox has picked up The Resident for the full 2nd season.

Showtime has renewed Kidding for a 10 episode 2nd season.

Netflix has renewed Ozark for a 3rd season.

CBS has picked up FBI for the full season.

While not everyone gets MeTV and Decades, it seemed like this might be worth a mention...

https://comicbook.com/horror/2018/10...-metv-decades/

MeTV and Decades Celebrating Halloween All Month With Horror Programming

Netflix has cancelled Iron Fist after two seasons.

Fox has ordered 2 more episodes of Lethal Weapon and Damon Wayans will be in them.