Page 102 of 311 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 4651

Thread: TV News Updates

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Forseti View Post
    Actually, "melodrama" generally means character development and emotional growth are sorely lacking. It's drama without depth.
    Yeah, basically. With both series, we get constant monologues about 'Oh, what a savage beast man is', and...pretty much nothing else. They come across ammo and food supply caches like they were in a video game, never seem to learn basic survival skills or situational common sense.

The main series at least has the (sorta) excuse of religiously following Kirkman's main series. Fear, not so much

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Forseti View Post
    Actually, "melodrama" generally means character development and emotional growth are sorely lacking. It's drama without depth.
    Well ...if were gonna discuss melodrama fully , there are various terms with it. Since were gonna go technical with it all...

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/melodrama

One is as you listed. Another definition is this one...

Definition of melodrama for English Language Learners
    : drama in which many exciting events happen and the characters have very strong or exaggerated emotions
    : a situation or series of events in which people have very strong or exaggerated emotions

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melodrama

Melodrama films are a subgenre of drama films characterised by a plot that appeals to the heightened emotions of the audience. They generally depend on stereotyped character development, interaction, and highly emotional themes. Melodramatic films tend to use plots that often deal with crises of human emotion, failed romance or friendship, strained familial situations, tragedy, illness, neuroses, or emotional and physical hardship.

Victims, couples, virtuous and heroic characters or suffering protagonists (usually heroines) in melodramas are presented with tremendous social pressures, threats, repression, fears, improbable events or difficulties with friends, community, work, lovers, or family. The melodramatic format allows the character to work through their difficulties or surmount the problems with resolute endurance, sacrificial acts, and steadfast bravery.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeah, basically. With both series, we get constant monologues about 'Oh, what a savage beast man is', and...pretty much nothing else. They come across ammo and food supply caches like they were in a video game, never seem to learn basic survival skills or situational common sense.

The main series at least has the (sorta) excuse of religiously following Kirkman's main series. Fear, not so much
    As we have seen , its not like every day they come across ammo and food caches. Just earlier in the season Rick and Aaron claimed they had a couple more days to find something for the Saviors. Its not all luck (like when Michonne and Rick landed in a place with MRE's. Hell back in season 5 , the group was nearly dying from lack of water etc.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    As we have seen , its not like every day they come across ammo and food caches. Just earlier in the season Rick and Aaron claimed they had a couple more days to find something for the Saviors. Its not all luck (like when Michonne and Rick landed in a place with MRE's. Hell back in season 5 , the group was nearly dying from lack of water etc.
    They come across supply caches almost as soon as they need them, and perfectly suited to what they needed.

I really don't know how you define Rick and Michonne finding that stockpile as anything but luck. They were just poking around randomly, and boom.

And I remember season 5. How they wee unable to find a river in VA, I'll never know, but those dogs sure were handy

Allison Sweeney is returning to Days of Our Lives.

You can check out the teaser trailer for the third and final season of the Netflix series Bloodline HERE!
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

They come across supply caches almost as soon as they need them, and perfectly suited to what they needed.

I really don't know how you define Rick and Michonne finding that stockpile as anything but luck. They were just poking around randomly, and boom.

And I remember season 5. How they wee unable to find a river in VA, I'll never know, but those dogs sure were handy

Well the roof fell in if we remember. Then they landed , shared a laugh and was like surprised. The whole series is about luck and situations they are able to come across in survival. All of the main characters have nearly died a few times and managed to survive by some lucky situation. Or someone arriving in the nick of time. I mean could it happen in real life ? Perhaps...who knows really.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well the roof fell in if we remember. Then they landed , shared a laugh and was like surprised. The whole series is about luck and situations they are able to come across in survival. All of the main characters have nearly died a few times and managed to survive by some lucky situation. Or someone arriving in the nick of time. I mean could it happen in real life ? Perhaps...who knows really.
    Sure, people get lucky every once and a while, but Rick's group is almost supernaturally lucky, all the time, and their only issue with survival seems to be 'Can we kill?'

I'd kinda like to see drama of a different flavor already.

Sure, people get lucky every once and a while, but Rick's group is almost supernaturally lucky, all the time, and their only issue with survival seems to be 'Can we kill?'

I'd kinda like to see drama of a different flavor already.
    Well Rick's group is lucky to an extent. I mean we already saw Glenn and Abraham's luck run out pretty much. Because it can happen. I mean sure we likely won't ever see the BIG 4 killed off anytime soon ...

Rick
    Maggie
    Daryl
    Michonne

Because they are the main stars of the show. Hell you could add Carl to that list as well. Since as Gale Ann Hurd told the young actor Chandler Riggs before she offered him the role , "This is gonna be a very long term role. Are you up for it ?" Because as she told on Talking Dead , she wanted to let him know this was gonna be a number of years he was gonna be in this show.

That don't mean much this is the upcoming 8th season playing a role for 8 years is a long time so him getting killed off next season or even this past season would till make the person who gave him the role not a liar.

Quote Originally Posted by RyDub View Post
    That don't mean much this is the upcoming 8th season playing a role for 8 years is a long time so him getting killed off next season or even this past season would till make the person who gave him the role not a liar.
    Well if ya read the comics , the character seems destined to last til the very end of the series.

I've read the comics, actually had the first 21 issues of it so I am very aware of how the comics go. If you read the comics as I am sure you have since you threw that out there you would know while some things remain the same other things have changed drastically. Like Andrea for instance. i haven't read the comics in a while kind of fell off of them, but she survived so much further in the comics then she did on the show as did Dale, and so many others.

Bravo has renewed The Imposters for a 2nd season.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

TV Land has renewed Younger for a 5th season and Teachers for a 3rd season.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    TV Land has renewed Younger for a 5th season and Teachers for a 3rd season.
    Younger has been on five seasons. Wtf. They must not take long breaks because i haven't lived in my apartment for more than five and I watched two seasons of bunheads before sutton got younger.

Okay 2 and 3 aired in the same year and 4 hasn't even started yet.

Freeform has renewed Shadowhunters for a 3rd season.