Page 112 of 311 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 4651

Thread: TV News Updates

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The show pretty much was one that even if long term ideas was to put them into movies (and its clear that they would have taken the TNG movie series over) , it was a failure. The show ended with such a low key finale , it was like telling those still watching ...this is how we at Paramount view Enterprise now.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The show pretty much was one that even if long term ideas was to put them into movies (and its clear that they would have taken the TNG movie series over) , it was a failure. The show ended with such a low key finale , it was like telling those still watching ...this is how we at Paramount view Enterprise now.
    at the time, the last couple TNG movies were underwhelming

Honestly I think Paramount was a little tired of Star Trek, the idea of going back to a young Kirk and Spock had been bouncing around since around that time anyway

Ultimate Member

I never really liked Archer, at times he was the risk taker and all but then he'd try to be too much of a Boy Scout and practically need to lose members of his crew before he'd admit that whoever they were facing might not be a good alien...also didn't like how they kept using aliens that he haven't seen since, I can understand some of them but like with Phlox that we haven't seen any of his species since the show for some odd reason...while the later TNG movies might not have been good they did have their moments I must admit...except for the one where Data dies...that Enterprise just never looked right...

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    The temporal cold war went throughout the show, it was the easy out for whatever problem they had, HATED that they killed Trip, always wanted he and T'Pol to be together. I liked the theme song in the first season or two, then they changed it and I didn't like the change...it didn't do as well but I wouldn't call Enterprise a failure...
    I had no problem with the temporal cold war, especially introducing time- travelers, allows them to use 25th century and beyond tech into the series, I though that was brilliant honestly.. just dedicating to that premise, that's why I hated Season 3 so much.

By the standard of the other shows running for 7 seasons, Enterprise was a failure because it ran for just 4.

However, besides the horrific theme song, a rewatch of Season 1 had me liking the series. The 2nd and 3rd season is where the show kind of lost me, but the fourth season was superb and probably what the show should've been like all along. When the complete series got reissued recently I picked it up and plan to rewatch the series again.

One thing to note is that the series finale was an abomination because it was more like an episode of TNG reducing the actual show's cast to bit players on their own series. One of the best things to come out of the prose novels for Enterprise was how the first book essentially rewrote how the series ended to give it a far better turn of events.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

NBC has renewed Trial & Error for a 2nd season to run next midseason.

You can check out the trailer for Dark Matter Season 3 HERE!

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

BANNED

Deep Space Nine will always be my favorite since it managed to have a perfect cast who all seemed really close, almost like a family, or a group of friends rather than a crew. And the way they put so much emphasis on the side characters was incredible. I'd honestly never seen that in a TV show before. They also managed to tell great individual stories but also tie them into the long running arc. Everything about that show was superb in my opinion. I remember they wanted to do a movie but Paramount felt audiences only cared about the TNG cast.

I hate the reboot movies, and everything they stand for. I mean, I loved Beyond, but I cannot and will not ever support a universe that pretty much erases the 50+ year history of Star Trek. The movies are well choreographed and have great casts with fun ideas but it still takes place in that goddamn timeline and it just hurts so much that all my favorite moments in Star Trek pretty much never happened. It was a bad move, because now the fanbase is divided, and CBS/Paramount has decided not to remaster any more Star Trek shows because they're "not as popular."

It just sucks. They could have gone about it an entirely different way. The problem with Nemesis wasn't the cast, audiences weren't tired of the TNG crew, it sucked because the people involved had never seen a single episode of Star Trek and thought they could make it whatever they wanted.

It keeps me up at night. I really wish the reboot never happened and that someone at Paramount had enough faith in Trek to put out a good movie regardless of the cast. But oh well, at least we have the novels, which are actually very enjoyable imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Deep Space Nine will always be my favorite since it managed to have a perfect cast who all seemed really close, almost like a family, or a group of friends rather than a crew. And the way they put so much emphasis on the side characters was incredible. I'd honestly never seen that in a TV show before. They also managed to tell great individual stories but also tie them into the long running arc. Everything about that show was superb in my opinion. I remember they wanted to do a movie but Paramount felt audiences only cared about the TNG cast.

I hate the reboot movies, and everything they stand for. I mean, I loved Beyond, but I cannot and will not ever support a universe that pretty much erases the 50+ year history of Star Trek. The movies are well choreographed and have great casts with fun ideas but it still takes place in that goddamn timeline and it just hurts so much that all my favorite moments in Star Trek pretty much never happened. It was a bad move, because now the fanbase is divided, and CBS/Paramount has decided not to remaster any more Star Trek shows because they're "not as popular."

It just sucks. They could have gone about it an entirely different way. The problem with Nemesis wasn't the cast, audiences weren't tired of the TNG crew, it sucked because the people involved had never seen a single episode of Star Trek and thought they could make it whatever they wanted.

It keeps me up at night. I really wish the reboot never happened and that someone at Paramount had enough faith in Trek to put out a good movie regardless of the cast. But oh well, at least we have the novels, which are actually very enjoyable imo.
    Yeah the reminder that nemisis exsists is super frustrating. B4, clone picard, the atv chase scene

NBC has officially canceled Chicago Justice.

Sophia Bush is leaving Chicago P.D. after four seasons.

HBO has renewed Veep and Silicon Valley. However, T.J. Miller is leaving Silicon Valley after this current season.

The Disney Channel has renewed Andi Mack for a second season.

Netflix has canceled The Get Down after one season.

Broadchurch will air its 3rd and final season on BBC America beginning June 28th. Season 3 trailer

Floriana Lima (Maggie Sawyer) will not be returning as a series regular for Supergirl Season 3. She will be billed as a recurring guest star and appear in multiple episodes though.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post

The problem is the TNG crew for the most part were just not movie stars outside of Patrick Stewart. None of them and it showed. The TNG crew had one good movie and that was First Contact the rest were not that good. After Nemesis they were never going to make another TNG cast movie. They had a choice in either restarting it or just leaving on the shelf forever.

WGN has canceled Underground after 2 seasons.

NBC has changed their mind and will keep This Is Us on Tuesdays this fall.

Cinemax has canceled Quarry after 1 season.

Netflix has cancelled Sense8 after two seasons