Page 12 of 311 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: TV News Updates

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Nickelodeon has cancelled Sam and Cat after Jeannette McCurdy posted a series of "scandelous" photos of her self on various social network sites and had a short lived affair with a basketball player.
    Would that be Sam, not Kat, then?

And is that definitely the reason, not what you believe it to be?

From what little I've seen of Sam + Cat, I knew it was going to be cancelled. Two off-the-wall characters like that just don't work without the main characters of the original to ground them. Best of luck to both ladies in their future careers.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Would that be Sam, not Kat, then?

And is that definitely the reason, not what you believe it to be?
    Yeah sam. And yeah it is mostly speculation and I don' t agree if that was the reason. Frankly I think she was trying to torpedo her teen starlet image. Btw I never said Cat was the one who did it did I?

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    From what little I've seen of Sam + Cat, I knew it was going to be cancelled. Two off-the-wall characters like that just don't work without the main characters of the original to ground them. Best of luck to both ladies in their future careers.
    It wasn't near as entertaining as iCarley. I never watched victorious much.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Worth giving a shot though.

Like, one of the standout Friends characters: give them a spin-off, sure, why not?

A colourful cast of many in Family Guy, not enougb time to shine on all: The Cleveland Show, sure why not?

Realize I sound a bit like Dr Zoidberg now, but, sure, why not?

I've not yet seen any of Sam & Cat, so I don't know if they had any straightmen to ground them, original characters, separate to iCarly, or Victorious, or even Skype calls with old faves, like Carly, Gibby, Andre, or Tori.

Or, relatives of them actually introduced, get a better sense of their home life, all that.

But, even if I still have my gripes with certain Dan Harmon, or Nickoloden shows, here and there, like certain bits of those, yeah. Hopefully they'll have something or other good, on Nick, or off, in the future.

Yeah sam. And yeah it is mostly speculation and I don' t agree if that was the reason. Frankly I think she was trying to torpedo her teen starlet image. Btw I never said Cat was the one who did it did I?
    Ah, no need for any anger.

I never said that, or anything, so no need to get on the offensive, or defensive.

Would hope they're more professional then that, especially with all the different risque content of past few years, for shows, and stuff. Long as professional on set, on time, put the effort on, etc, is grand enough.

Ah, who knows, but her choice, sure, I suppose.

I apologize if I ever came across as attacking you, or anything like that. Was just wanting to make sure if that was reason, or what you thought was.

Ah, no need for any anger.

I never said that, or anything, so no need to get on the offensive, or defensive.

Would hope they're more professional then that, especially with all the different risque content of past few years, for shows, and stuff. Long as professional on set, on time, put the effort on, etc, is grand enough.

Ah, who knows, but her choice, sure, I suppose.

I apologize if I ever came across as attacking you, or anything like that. Was just wanting to make sure if that was reason, or what you thought was.
    no i just meant I didn't think implied that it was cat. Airiana Grande is Cat Jeanette is Sam. And Im pretty sure this is the same network that cancelled zoey 101 when jamie spears got pregnant.

BANNED

I never watched it but I know Sam & Cat was one of Nicks top live action shows

guess it opens up the chance for someone else

if The Strain lasts past this season Ill be surprised. shitty shitty acting

It wasn't near as entertaining as iCarley. I never watched victorious much.
    You're right on the money saying it wasn't as entertaining as Icarly, or Victorious for that matter. Even in its later, much crazier seasons, ICarly was miles ahead of what they pumped out for Sam + Cat.

Worth giving a shot though.

Like, one of the standout Friends characters: give them a spin-off, sure, why not?

A colourful cast of many in Family Guy, not enougb time to shine on all: The Cleveland Show, sure why not?

Realize I sound a bit like Dr Zoidberg now, but, sure, why not?

I've not yet seen any of Sam & Cat, so I don't know if they had any straightmen to ground them, original characters, separate to iCarly, or Victorious, or even Skype calls with old faves, like Carly, Gibby, Andre, or Tori.

Or, relatives of them actually introduced, get a better sense of their home life, all that.

But, even if I still have my gripes with certain Dan Harmon, or Nickoloden shows, here and there, like certain bits of those, yeah. Hopefully they'll have something or other good, on Nick, or off, in the future.
    The only straightman character I can think of on Sam & Cat was Dice. The other original characters exclusive to that show were Goomer, an MMA boxer who was even dumber than Cat, and Nona, Cat's off-the-wall grandmother whom didn't make a lick of sense half the time.

There was one episode where Jade, Freddie, and Robbie guest starred. Gibby and Nora (the evil psychotic fan that tortured them) also guest starred in an another episode.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

TNT has renewed:

The Last Ship (13 episode 2nd season)

Major Crimes (15 episode 4th season)

Falling Skies (10 episode 5th AND FINAL season)
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

The first look trailer for Homeland Season 4 is HERE!
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Fx has renewed Fargo and Louie but there wilk be changes to louie. I don't watch it so I couldn' t begin to speculate what those changes will be. Maybe they fire louie ck and hire louie anderson (is he still alive) jist checked he is still alive.

And it looks like the changes are for fargo not louie. Well no crap there are going to be changes to fargo.
    Last edited by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus; 07-21-2014 at 12:57 PM.

BANNED

Louie will be only 7 episodes its upcoming season with a story arc that covers 3 or 4 episodes

Fx has renewed Fargo and Louie but there wilk be changes to louie. I don't watch it so I couldn' t begin to speculate what those changes will be. Maybe they fire louie ck and hire louie anderson (is he still alive) jist checked he is still alive.

And it looks like the changes are for fargo not louie. Well no crap there are going to be changes to fargo.
    Without giving anything away, is that because of how Season 1 went/ended?

Was glad to hear about Louie. Been catching that show post airing for some time, and found a great deal of curiosity, disgust, bewilderment, confusion, humour, sadness, anger and more from watching almost four Seasons.

Hope the rest of 4 improves upon what I've seen so far - 3 was a bit better, especially with the Letterman stuff and so on, though the New Years' episode was very weird.