Page 137 of 311 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187237 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 4651

Thread: TV News Updates

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    If AoS was on CW it wouldnt be in danger. The DC shows have a lower bar to clear. And i love the shows thats not a knock. Inhumans was bad and got what it deserved but AoS just doesnr get enough viewers for a network as big as AbC. But apparently it has real good timeshifting numbers so who knows maybe Dinsey does another season on theyre new Streaming service. But IMHO the best superhero tv shows are what Marvels doing on Netflix(Minus Ironfist). Punisher was my favorite tv show of 2017.
    Agents of Shield's real problem is that, in the grand scheme of things, they just don't matter. No movie is gonna recognize their canon or status qou change, which is almost demanded by the high profile nature of the concept. It's a no win situation, and I think most people can sense that

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Agents of Shield's real problem is that, in the grand scheme of things, they just don't matter. No movie is gonna recognize their canon or status qou change, which is almost demanded by the high profile nature of the concept. It's a no win situation, and I think most people can sense that
    I don't understand... Why does popular fiction have to matter in any other way than being popular enough to sustain its continued production? Can we really not look at things for their own merits anymore these days?
    Live true or lie well.

BANNED

the backdoor pilot for 'Wayward Sisters' will air in Jan 19ths episode of Supernatural

I think someone mentioned it already, but we flipped pages

Extraordinary Member

Agents of Shield's real problem is that, in the grand scheme of things, they just don't matter. No movie is gonna recognize their canon or status qou change,
    This is not true.
    Here some info on that.
    by Eddie
    I did a full MCU film binge before Civil War, and the last two Phase 2 films actually have subtle AoS connections that apparently went over everyone's heads. Nick Fury got the Helicarrier from "old friends". He's referring to Coulson. Not only do we see that in AoS, Coulson's also the only common friend of Fury and the Avengers that could have possibly hooked him up with one. Ant-Man also reveals to the film audience that Hydra is still around despite being"finished" in Ultron... except AoS viewers were already in on that thanks to the S2 finale. They're small connection, but they do exist (Fury's dialogue in particular really couldn't have been referring to anyone else).

by belltown213-0-557076
    There was even a little Agent Carter Easter egg shout out to the character Dottie Underwood in Civil War when Bucky told Cap he used to date a red head named Dot back in the 50's.
    Infinity War will probably feature a bunch of MCU TV character similar to how the X-Men series just spotlights the main mutants while the rest are there as wall paper to fill out a scene.

by Neoxon
    For the record, most of the issues concerning the TV side of the MCU is mainly with the characters (be it Quake, Coulson, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Misty Knight, Punisher, & now Ghost Rider) crossing over into the movies (Ex: Infinity War), not if the TV/Netflix stuff is actually canon or not. Feige himself said that having the TV characters at some point is inevitable, & it's not like anything in the movies directly contradicts what's on the TV/Netflix shows (or vice versa). Both the TV/Netflix shows & the movies are still in Earth-19999, it's just that Perlmutter is supposedly holding back the characters from being able to cross over into the ensemble films. Hopefully they can work this out by the time the Inhumans movie drops (likely 2021, judging by Feige's recent comments at Comic Con), so they can at least make a slight nod to the Inhumans outside of Attilan.

by Josh Harper
    What does Ashley mean when she says "There's no connection between the movie and tv universes"? They are still in the same universe, and even if the references are small they would still make no sense at all if they weren't in the same universe, also Leob and Feige have both acknowledged the films, ABC shows and Netflix shows are all in the MCU (I'm certain of this because I was searching for quotes on the subject recently). Unless she means creatively they are seperate, then yeah, that's completely true.
    byJosh Harper
    "If you ignore Agents of SHIELD" that's like saying if I ignore the fact that I have a heart then I'm actually dead. Ignoring something doesn't mean it doesn't exist. You're right that Agents of SHIELD has much bigger references to the MCU and is very clearly linked with the multiple cameos and guest appearances from movie characters (Lady Sif, Maria Hill, Nick Fury, even Coulson himself), but the Netflix shows do clearly have links, albeit much smaller ones, but we do literally see Stark tower in a picture, The Hulk in a picture, a Levitation in a picture, Hammer Tech weapons, name drops of Stark and Captain America, etc. Whilst they are small, yes, they are still showing us quite clearly that it's the same universe. Leob has confirmed it many times and Feige has said "We want to incorporate the show characters into the movies" meaning even he deems them canon to the MCU.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
    Marvel Cinematic Universe tie-ins
    In July 2013, Jed Whedon said the series would work in tandem with the Marvel films, both past and upcoming, to weave in between the films, and to "try to make them more rewarding on both ends." He explained that each Marvel project is intended to stand alone first before there is any interweaving, and noted that the series has to work with the film division and be aware of their plans so as not to interfere when introducing someone or something to the universe. Bell elaborated that this was preferable so that people who do not watch the films can still follow the series, and vice versa. He stated that "ABC and Marvel both want the series to be able to make sense on its own", but that it was beneficial for the films to have the series fill in any "gaps" for them, due to having to be "big" and moving "quickly through a lot of huge pieces", unlike television which has time to deal with more nuances.
    by Midlife Comix2 hours
    Gonna have to disagree with you on the whole "They would have just called the Avengers" thing. As we know from comics the FF, Avengers, X-Men, etc don't just pop up in each others comics all the time that easily to clean things up. How many times has Spidey been outmatched and ran to the Avengers, the Sanctum Santorum, or the Baxter Building only for those teams to conveniently be "out of town"? 1000's of times. So when it happens in Live Action it's different? Not at all. You see Daredevil fight things like Vampires but does he just call Blade every time? Nope! So why would that HAVE to happen in Live Action? And as far as references not only was "The Incident" referred to but also the Hulk, Thor, Cap, etc Cottonmouth mentions Cap, and Method raps about Iron man in Luke Cage. Yes I get some of these are obscure references but references none the less. Also remember [SPOILERS for DD Season 2] when Frank grabs that CD labeled "Micro" from his house before blowing it up? Skye aka Daisy from Agents of SHIELD mentions her hacker friend "Microchip" and this was way back in Season 1 of that show. For those that don't know Microchip is The Punishers partner in his war supplying the Punisher with weapons and tech support. Also if youve been watching AoS theres at least FOUR different direct references, technology, and direct dialog from previously aired episodes of AoS that "somehow" made it into Civil War. Not a coincidence.

Loeb Reveals Why Marvel's TV Superheroes Haven't Appeared in the Movies
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...he-movies-2016

By the way i think agents of shield is the best comicbook/superhero show currently and i thought inhumans was really good,but looks to be the weakest mcu show.
    Bye.
    Last edited by mace11; 01-10-2018 at 03:56 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    This is not true.
    Here some info on that..Bye.
    It's completely true. What meaningful canon of the TV shows has the movie recognized? No one's even mentioned that Coulson's still alive

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Forseti View Post
    I don't understand... Why does popular fiction have to matter in any other way than being popular enough to sustain its continued production? Can we really not look at things for their own merits anymore these days?
    We look at things by their own merits all the time. But this isn't something that got were it is on it's own merits. It's lead is someone who played a solid part in the avengers movie and whose resurrection played a large part in the plot lines in early seasons. It's interest to many people is it's tie in to a larger marvel universe whether that is the movies or marvel stuff in general. Or do you honestly believe it would have made it even this far if it wasn't a marvel show in an era where marvel tv/film properties are really popular? Additionally, a show that was sold, and continues to sell it'self, on other marvel brands(like ghost rider, the kree, inhumans) doesn't get to then turn around and be judged on it's own. Because it was never on it's own. If you like the show fine, so do I. But it's still fair for people to use it's exclusion from the greater MCU as a negative when it's used those things itself to sell.
    Last edited by Farealmer; 01-10-2018 at 09:26 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Forseti View Post
    Because this is shared canon, deliberately so.

Worse (for Shield), their status as law enforcement should make them important. Yet we know they're not. Nothing the premier law enforcement agency on the planet does, will be reflected in a movie, though as we've seen, movies can and will spill over on them.

And more importantly, they can do nothing to disrupt the status qou on earth (hence their current alternate future jaunt). They're stuck spinning their wheels in their own series.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

My point exactly...

BANNED

That's a really silly way of looking at it and one point I really dislike from most fans. They're just movies/shows. They don't need to matter. Just because the movies have been setting up Infinity War and big events and such doesn't mean everything else has to. If every Marvel movie or show has to be building up to some huge epic scenario that affects the whole universe with crossovers and such, what is the whole point of even watching it? Why can't people ever appreciate the hard work of the cast and crew without wondering how it "fits" into the universe?

Agents of SHIELD tried to do that in the beginning, and it simply didn't work. The show wasn't good. When they got rid of crossovers and connections to the MCU, it became phenomenal. Everything down to the basic look of the show is absolute genius. You can tell everyone involved puts their hearts and souls into each episode. They work hard. There doesn't need to be any crossover, the movies don't need to acknowledge them. The point of the show is that it covers sections of the MCU that the movies don't and gives you more thrilling and dramatic Marvel stories for when there aren't any movies out. But all people seem to wanna talk about is its placement in the MCU, it's ridiculous. That's not the point of the show and if you can only see something as being part of some bigger thing, all I can say is that's really insulting to everyone who works on that show and the devoted fans who tune in to the show every week.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    That's a really silly way of looking at it and one point I really dislike from most fans. They're just movies/shows. They don't need to matter. Just because the movies have been setting up Infinity War and big events and such doesn't mean everything else has to. If every Marvel movie or show has to be building up to some huge epic scenario that affects the whole universe with crossovers and such, what is the whole point of even watching it? Why can't people ever appreciate the hard work of the cast and crew without wondering how it "fits" into the universe?

Agents of SHIELD tried to do that in the beginning, and it simply didn't work. The show wasn't good. When they got rid of crossovers and connections to the MCU, it became phenomenal. Everything down to the basic look of the show is absolute genius. You can tell everyone involved puts their hearts and souls into each episode. They work hard. There doesn't need to be any crossover, the movies don't need to acknowledge them. The point of the show is that it covers sections of the MCU that the movies don't and gives you more thrilling and dramatic Marvel stories for when there aren't any movies out. But all people seem to wanna talk about is its placement in the MCU, it's ridiculous. That's not the point of the show and if you can only see something as being part of some bigger thing, all I can say is that's really insulting to everyone who works on that show and the devoted fans who tune in to the show every week.
    Shows need to matter within the context of their own world/canon. Shield doesn't, and spins it's wheels as a result. Nature of this particular beast, really.

The bigger context of Shield and the MCU is fun for fans, but isn't that important to the wider viewership. My brother likes the show and is only marginally interested in the crossover.
    And while bringing movie events into the show are nice Easter eggs, I don't think having the show mentioned in the movies matters on bit.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Shows need to matter within the context of their own world/canon. Shield doesn't, and spins it's wheels as a result. Nature of this particular beast, really.
    Says who? Not every Marvel comic has to crossover or acknowledge something within the greater universe. It's all about telling stories. They don't need to matter.

Ranking the hard work of others by varying levels of "importance" within a larger universe is pathetic.

This is silly the show should be judged on its own Merits. Thats like saying if they made a Black Widow movie that was Insolated and disnt effect the larger MCU that it wouldnt matter even if it was great. AoS might not be recognized in the movies but its not discredited either. Movies dont say Inhumans dont exist they just dont talk about them. If a show is good then its good. Its impact on other things outside of there insolated events doesnt change that. It could add to it for sure but it doesnt make it bad

Exactly, no matter how significant events in the show are, the movies ignore them. If there are Easter eggs in the movies from the show, they are done in a way that most of the movie audience doesn't even see a connection.
    Power with Girl is better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Exactly, no matter how significant events in the show are, the movies ignore them. If there are Easter eggs in the movies from the show, they are done in a way that most of the movie audience doesn't even see a connection.
    Again...why should that be important or a desirable aspect of a TV show?