Page 138 of 311 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188238 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 4651

Thread: TV News Updates

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Again...why should that be important or a desirable aspect of a TV show?
    They need to matter to themselves

Series, as they go on, escalate the threats their characters face, change the world in which they live. Every series does that.

Shield cannot.

That is the problem they face. Their concept is too high profile (ya know, law enforcement) while their execution does not allow that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

Series, as they go on, escalate the threats their characters face, change the world in which they live. Every series does that.

Shield cannot.

That is the problem they face. Their concept is too high profile (ya know, law enforcement) while their execution does not allow that.
    Do you watch the show? Or TV in general? I wouldn't say every series does that at all. The threats don't matter, the characters and the story matter. The movies do not need to acknowledge everything the show does because the show takes its own route with stories that are are still way bigger than any of the Netflix shows but still not anything we'd have to hear about in the movies. Shield is back in the public eye, Inhumans are a widely known and discussed issue. But these aren't things the movies ever need to talk about. There is no reason for it. Shield doesn't matter and it doesn't need to matter. What matters are the awesome stories.

All I'm getting from you is that to make SHIELD matter, a character needs to reference something that happened in the show in a future film. That's a little ridiculous and highly unnecessary.

This is nonsense. Some series do that, but all of them? Not by a long shot.

Shield cannot.
    Not only can they, they do. Not in a manner that "matters" to the movies, but plentiful in a manner that matters to the characters.

And that's all that should matter.
    Live true or lie well.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Do you watch the show? Or TV in general? I wouldn't say every series does that at all. The threats don't matter, the characters and the story matter. The movies do not need to acknowledge everything the show does because the show takes its own route with stories that are are still way bigger than any of the Netflix shows but still not anything we'd have to hear about in the movies. Shield is back in the public eye, Inhumans are a widely known and discussed issue. But these aren't things the movies ever need to talk about. There is no reason for it. Shield doesn't matter and it doesn't need to matter. What matters are the awesome stories.

All I'm getting from you is that to make SHIELD matter, a character needs to reference something that happened in the show in a future film. That's a little ridiculous and highly unnecessary.
    I watch the show and TV in general. So yes, excluding procedural, TV shows need t matter to themselves. And given the crap that Sield gets up to, Inhumans, Coulson being alive, etc, their absence in the larger canon is jarring.

BANNED

is it really? I dont think so

on to some other fun stuff - Pilot season normally is in April, with streaming and non traditional platforms, a ton of content is still developed in the months of March, April, and May

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

AoS is still largely a spy procedural.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

AMC has renewed The Walking Dead for Season 9. Scott Gimple will no longer be the showrunner as he's been bumped up Chief Creative Officer for the entire franchise. Angela Kang will be the new showrunner.

Netflix has canceled Lady Dynamite after two seasons.

Fox and NatGeo have renewed Cosmos for a second season.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Fox has renewed 9-1-1 for a second season.

Spike/Paramount has decided not to go forward with a third season of The Shannara Chronicles. No official word on if the production company behind the show will shop it elsewhere or as I think, let the abomination die its due natural death. The first season was fine enough but the second season was a total crapfest.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Amazon has renewed The Tick for a 2nd season.

Amazon has canceled three series: I Love Dick, One Mississippi and Jean-Claude Van Johnson.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Amazon has canceled three series: I Love Dick, One Mississippi and Jean-Claude Van Johnson.
    I enjoyed 'One Mississippi' and I am a fan of Tig Notaro, but I felt that show was on a bit of a clock anyway

Freeform has renewed grown-ish for a second season.

Freeform has renewed grown-ish for a second season.
    I didn't realise it wasn't on ABC. I get that it's owned by the same company or was back when it was ABC family.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Disney XD has renewed Spider-Man for a second season.

CBS is doing a revival of Murphy Brown.

BANNED

Disney XD has renewed Spider-Man for a second season.

CBS is doing a revival of Murphy Brown.
    now THAT is a revival that would be timely